Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The front office failed us
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
We had the worst defensive back field in the league and after a bunch of acquisitions, we still have the worst.

Every year it seems, we sign an injured veteran safety on the cheap hoping he can rebound to a good , healthy year.

Jackson, Jones, one other guy whose name escapes me and now Phillips.

It will be the eye sore that we can't ide the entire year.
mcnabbulous
Mikey, they have failed us since 2002, which is the last time they drafted a capable defender in thr defensive backfield.
We simply haven't drafted well on defense for the past decade. Our struggles on that side of the ball should come as no surprise.
HobbEs
Yeah, and after Peters, Kelce and Herrimans went down we had the worst O-Line in the league. We had holes at LB too. A 4-12 team usually has a lot of holes to fill.

I think going into this year Howie realized this and the guys he signed are only stop gap type players. Hopefully in the next two to three years we'll see an influx of talent in those positions.
nephillymike
This failure is snowballing down hill.

Fletcher, Williams and Chung are not starters in the NFL
Allen is not an NFL player.
Boykin's a keeper
Poyer, too early to tell.
Anderson and Coleman good ST players
The rest are not NFL players.

$20+Mill of cap space and a bunch of non starting DB's to show for it.

What were they thinking?
Phits
It's far to early to tell whether the secondary is horrible or if they simply have work to do. The season isn't a sprint. With a new coach, scheme, players isn't it reasonable to expect growing pains?
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 17 2013, 04:02 PM) *
This failure is snowballing down hill.

Fletcher, Williams and Chung are not starters in the NFL
Allen is not an NFL player.
Boykin's a keeper
Poyer, too early to tell.
Anderson and Coleman good ST players
The rest are not NFL players.

$20+Mill of cap space and a bunch of non starting DB's to show for it.

What were they thinking?

What were the alternatives this offseason? You can't fix it overnight. This is a decade old problem. When was the last time we drafted a really solid defensive back? Sheldon Brown.
D Rock
Ike Taylor for one. I know he's old, but Ed Reed is supposed to play this week. You can't tell me those two wouldn't go along way to fixing the back end of the defense. If only for a couple of years.

Hell the body of evidence that suggests Nate Allen was and is dog shit is mountainous. At least howie should have known that much.
Zero
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 17 2013, 05:08 PM) *
What were the alternatives this offseason? You can't fix it overnight. This is a decade old problem. When was the last time we drafted a really solid defensive back? Sheldon Brown.

Take my temperature ... I agree! laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.