Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nick Foles for Jairus Byrd
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
Would you?

Not even a rumor, just thrown out by WIP this afternoon.
JeeQ
Not a chance...

On a Mike Vick team the second most important position is Backup QB
Twilcox0522
I like it. or either trade them barkley for em.
mcnabbulous
Yes, but Buffalo wouldn't.
make_it_rain
Would love to get Byrd, but lets be real its not like Buffalo would blink at it, since they spent a first rounder on EJ Manuel. Plus, Byrd wants to be among the highest paid safeties in the league, so he certainly won't be cheap.

Eagles have the cap space to get it done, but I'm thinking we'd have to give up at least a second or third rounder for Byrd. I'd love to find a way to land him, but I just don't see any way it could realistically get done.

JaxEagle
Only if we are writing this season off. If not, then you can't trade the guy that I still believe will be our QB. if we are writing it off and planning to groom barkley for the QB job when we come back around , then maybe it makes sense.

I have a feeling this is just a rumor though because Buffalo has a dire QB situation.
nephillymike
No.

Wait until the offseason when all you have to do is pay him.

I don't think they can franchise him two years in a row, right?
make_it_rain
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 26 2013, 11:34 PM) *
No.

Wait until the offseason when all you have to do is pay him.

I don't think they can franchise him two years in a row, right?

No, under the new agreement they can tag him again, but at a 10 percent higher salary than the year previous (or the standard average of 5 highest salaries, whichever is higher). No one can be tagged three years in a row however.

I'm not sure if the Bills have tagged Byrd before, but assuming they haven't they could do it again.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.