Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cuts are in. Down to 76, one still to come
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Chaney LB
Phillips S
Carrier TE
Mc Clam DE
Miller WR
Purcell OL
Remington OL
Shaw TE
Walker DT
Whitley CB (waived/injured list)
Winchester LS
Wing P

No surprises. Too bad Phillips is just this year's version of injured S FA that didn't pan out. We could have used him.
nephillymike
Sorry for the triple post.

The site froze when I pressed "post".

anyone else having problems? I couldn't get on earlier around 5:30 PM.
xsv
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 25 2013, 10:38 PM) *
Sorry for the triple post.

The site froze when I pressed "post".

anyone else having problems? I couldn't get on earlier around 5:30 PM.

Server issues.

They are now resolved.
Birdman420
Didn't expect chaney to be cut seeing as he actually was our starting MLB for a year
TGryn
QUOTE (Birdman420 @ Aug 26 2013, 09:06 AM) *
Didn't expect chaney to be cut seeing as he actually was our starting MLB for a year
True, but that was under the previous regime. Everybody gets a fresh start, which isn't always advantageous as far as individual players go.

Of the guys left:
QB: A little surprised Dixon's still here, even moreso that Kinne is around. It wouldn't surprise me if Dixon gets cut but ends up back on the roster due to injury before the season is out. He's kinda like the Detmers were: lacks some of the physical arm strength to ever become elite, but knows Kelly's offense inside and out and has enough speed to make the run option a threat.

RB: I like some of what I've seen from Tucker, but not enough to beat out Polk. Possible PS guy.

WR: Beyond the 4 vets, Salas has looked the most impressive, not surprisingly since he has the most experience. I'll be curious to see if Maehl gets a lot of work vs. the Jets. Momah and Sheppard are still here, but look like longshots to be more than PS guys. I'm guessing they think Momah is so raw that he may not even make PS, but he could be one of those guys they resign after the season as a project.

TE: Seems like Igwenagu has beaten out Harbor, unless they've liked what they've seen of Harbor as a WR as well.

OL: I assume Bamiro's a lock for the PS. Given how Herremans has looked so far, I'd be really unhappy if Kelly gets cut. I think Watkins survives for another year.

DL: Dixon and Geathers look like cuts. Of the rookies, it'll be interesting how Squire/Kruger/King shake out, it seems like Squire got more good press in camp but its really hard to know for sure without being at practice.

LB: I think both Cole and Graham make it simply because there's not a lot of other guys who broke loose from the pack as far as the backup LBs go. Cole's awkwardness in coverage is a big problem if they're planning on starting him at OLB.

DBs: The injuries to the backup CBs mean that guys who probably would have been cuts may make it now - Poyer? Lindley? I think we're looking at a repeat of last year where the starting DBs aren't particularly good, but there's nobody backing them up who'd be a reasonable upgrade, either. A couple of guys who make it through the last cuts (Coleman?) may not be around for the Redskins game as we scour the cutdown lists for help.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.