Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Halladay back!
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
HOUSEoPAIN
And he gets the win, throwing 6 solid innings against a good DBacks offense. He's one of the most likeable athletes to play in Philly over the last decade.
JaxEagle
Agree he is one of the most likable. Not sure I agree about a good Dbacks offense. Nonetheless good to see him back and hopefully he can regain form quickly!
nephillymike
I like him a lot but it's a tough call for next year.

Fastball averaging out at 88mph.

Keep him in the rotation till the end of the year. See how he does and then go from there.

Once potential issue is he wants to win now and as a FA, the Phils may not be seen as his best shot by him.

We'll see.

I was happy for him that he had a good game.
JaxEagle
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 25 2013, 08:56 PM) *
I like him a lot but it's a tough call for next year.

Fastball averaging out at 88mph.

Keep him in the rotation till the end of the year. See how he does and then go from there.

Once potential issue is he wants to win now and as a FA, the Phils may not be seen as his best shot by him.

We'll see.

I was happy for him that he had a good game.

Agree 100%.

Did you see the 18 inning game? I know Cloyd had pitched about 7 innings, but why pull him out in favor of a position player? Was his arm hurting?
nephillymike
QUOTE (JaxEagle @ Aug 25 2013, 09:11 PM) *
Agree 100%.

Did you see the 18 inning game? I know Cloyd had pitched about 7 innings, but why pull him out in favor of a position player? Was his arm hurting?

I believe he only threw 5 innings and 80 some pitches. I couldn't believe they took him out. He's a starting pitcher for crissakes. Leave him in until he throws 110 pitches.

Geez. Plus we needed his bat!! I saw the entire game!

I know, I know, therapy
JaxEagle
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 25 2013, 10:42 PM) *
I believe he only threw 5 innings and 80 some pitches. I couldn't believe they took him out. He's a starting pitcher for crissakes. Leave him in until he throws 110 pitches.

Geez. Plus we needed his bat!! I saw the entire game!

I know, I know, therapy

Just makes no sense. I'd love to know Sandberg's rationale for that. Win or lose with Cloyd unless his arm falls off. WTF
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (JaxEagle @ Aug 26 2013, 08:28 AM) *
Just makes no sense. I'd love to know Sandberg's rationale for that. Win or lose with Cloyd unless his arm falls off. WTF

Reminded me of the game against the Mets where Ryan Madson came in and threw 7 scoreless, and the goddam Phillies couldn't score one run. In the 16th Robin freaking Ventura hit a walk off on the first pitch.
JaxEagle
Yeah, we had men in scoring position in extra innings at least 3 times in each of those games.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.