Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Simple poll from a simple mind
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
Comments encouraged.
Phits
Go for the wins!!

Make Sundays enjoyable for the fans
mcnabbulous
Wins. Always wins.
Zero
If you're not winning your losing. I'm no genius, but it's only the first round pick that's higher than others below you, after that you're the first pick of the talent on the board and lots of very good players are taken after the first round while lots of bad players are taken early.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Aug 22 2013, 08:40 AM) *
If you're not winning your losing. I'm no genius, but it's only the first round pick that's higher than others below you, after that you're the first pick of the talent on the board and lots of very good players are taken after the first round while lots of bad players are taken early.

Just Win Baby!!

You lost me in your logic here Z. Dumb it down whne you get a chance.
Rick
Kind of a silly poll. Obviously, we want to win. The question is, whether people feel they have enough horses to compete and win it all. I wouldn't say you throw the season if you don't but it does change (somewhat) the (realistic) goals for the season.

Personally, I don't think we have the horses so I think, if we aren't winning then you start getting other players some extra time to evaluate whether they'll be part of the program going forward. If that gets us a better pick then that's a bonus but I wouldn't say you play for a better pick. That's just silly.
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 22 2013, 03:38 PM) *
Just Win Baby!!

You lost me in your logic here Z. Dumb it down whne you get a chance.
Simple mind and I'm no genius ... that's about it. wink.gif

My point is that you're always picking from the available talent no matter what position of whatever round. I know, that's obvious but I think we tend to get hung up on teams picking before other teams sometimes.

KC had the first pick in the draft, but only once and then they're always picking after another team. The value of picking early in the draft is the odds of getting that special player because you're picking before so many other teams. After that pick you'll always be picking after teams. Therefore, losing to intentionally get an early pick only helps with one selection, not every pick.

Make sense? Just win, MF!
koolaidluke
First of all, anybody who wants there team to lose so they can get a better draft pick should not be allowed to watch football.

Second of all, draft pick order just isn't important enough in football to ever want your team to do poorly. This ain't b ball.

The Eags have a ton of talent as it is. I think they could contend this year.
Eyrie
Mikey stole my reply sad.gif

It's not about how early you pick, it's about how well you pick. I'd rather draft well at #32 than badly at #1 and #33.
Zero
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Aug 23 2013, 02:17 PM) *
Mikey stole my reply sad.gif

It's not about how early you pick, it's about how well you pick. I'd rather draft well at #32 than badly at #1 and #33.

Damn, that's what I was trying to say. Sometimes it pays to be Scottish, I guess.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.