Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How many games will Vick Miss and Why?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
I said 2-3 b/c of injury and 0-1 b/c of performance. (Actually 3 for injuries and 0 for performance)

Anyone?
samaroo
I went with 6-7 due to injury, but it's really a crap shoot when he gets hurt. I don't think he'll sit do to performance issues.
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 20 2013, 08:39 PM) *
I said 2-3 b/c of injury and 0-1 b/c of performance. (Actually 3 for injuries and 0 for performance)

Anyone?
I voted (wished) the same. I hope this competition and Chip's offense has helped him grow. I don't believe it, but I hope it.
xsv
I think he'll miss a lot. I think he'll have a concussion by week 8.

Not sure he'll miss much, or any time due to performance...... this season anyways.
HobbEs
I voted 0-1. I dunno why but I have a feeling that with a new coach, system, protection schemes and whatnot we'll see a healthy Vick this year.

An off-the-wall question here...what happens if he stays healthy and ends up in the pro bowl? Then we have the argument about resigning him to a new deal.
Eyrie
I went with 2-3 for injury and 0-1 for performance. Now that he's been anointed the starter I don't want him benched for performance reasons because that means he's hurting our offense. Can't see him avoiding injury simply because of how he plays the game.
Birdman420
I agree with the majority here
Dreagon
The problem with a mobile QB is that they are often not out long enough. Coaches tend to send them back in at the same point a pocket QB would go back in, when they really ought to sit another week or two before putting themselves through the added strain and beating a pocket QB doesn't take.
JeeQ
How many games will Vick Not be Able to start b/c of injury? 2-3

The vastly improved line combined with Chip's heavy emphasis on run leads me to believe this will be Vick's safest season as an Eagle.

How many games will Vick Not Start B/C of Poor Performance? 0-1

Everyone and their mama knows this is Vick's offense. It's basically his to lose at this point.
MistahNickells
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Aug 21 2013, 04:02 PM) *
How many games will Vick Not be Able to start b/c of injury? 2-3

The vastly improved line combined with Chip's heavy emphasis on run leads me to believe this will be Vick's safest season as an Eagle.

How many games will Vick Not Start B/C of Poor Performance? 0-1

Everyone and their mama knows this is Vick's offense. It's basically his to lose at this point.

I do believe this will be a great fit for Vick I knew when chip came he was gonna go mobile.

But what I don't understand JeeQ is these people sound hurt!! I dont get it, I want to see chip offense ran at the top of its efficiency. I need to know if his playcalling gonna work or will he be a bust like Spurrier. And I'm sorry wingheads but foles cannot run this offense like that. Did you see some of those throws he threw? the ball didnt have no zip kids got heart but kid dont have an arm(IMO) hell even Michael irving said that his balls are slow getting to the target. He is not taking any shots down field to keep the defense honest they gonna stack the hell out the box with him in. Vick is the best to run this offense so we can see If it will work in the NFL I know all you people want a drop back passer but we got chip and his oregon style football. Atleast let him try it his way to see if he can succeed with his offense in the NFL and if it fails then he has time to change it to fit a drop back passer.
nephillymike
QUOTE (MistahNickells @ Aug 21 2013, 03:23 PM) *
I do believe this will be a great fit for Vick I knew when chip came he was gonna go mobile.

But what I don't understand JeeQ is these people sound hurt!! I dont get it, I want to see chip offense ran at the top of its efficiency. I need to know if his playcalling gonna work or will he be a bust like Spurrier. And I'm sorry wingheads but foles cannot run this offense like that. Did you see some of those throws he threw? the ball didnt have no zip kids got heart but kid dont have an arm(IMO) hell even Michael irving said that his balls are slow getting to the target. He is not taking any shots down field to keep the defense honest they gonna stack the hell out the box with him in. Vick is the best to run this offense so we can see If it will work in the NFL I know all you people want a drop back passer but we got chip and his oregon style football. Atleast let him try it his way to see if he can succeed with his offense in the NFL and if it fails then he has time to change it to fit a drop back passer.

I can't speak for everyone, but I am not hurting. I'm excited. The new coach appears to have sparked good play out of Vick and he came out and showed he deserved to be the starting QB. If anything IMO, people are praising Foles too much. I haven't heard so much praise of a 65 passer rating since Vick's rookie year!! I will throw in the caveat that Foles protection broke down in 2 seconds or less whereas Vick's didn't. IMO, Vick fumbles that ball in game one if he is faced with the same blind side pressure in 2 seconds, but it was a fair competition.

Jaws said it best. With Vick at QB, the D needs to keep a S in to prevent Vick from running. The majority of LB's aren't fast enough for that task. That takes a guy out of coverage, normally a S, and is one less guy for Vick to worry about and one more one on one coverage with the ability to go down field as compared to Foles where nobody defends the run, and there is double coverage in certain matchups causing checkdown city.

It should be fun to watch.

The other thing that is interesting is even a QB with a 65 rating matriculates the ball down the field for TD's in this offense. This offense is very interesting.
MistahNickells
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 21 2013, 05:24 PM) *
I can't speak for everyone, but I am not hurting. I'm excited. The new coach appears to have sparked good play out of Vick and he came out and showed he deserved to be the starting QB. If anything IMO, people are praising Foles too much. I haven't heard so much praise of a 65 passer rating since Vick's rookie year!! I will throw in the caveat that Foles protection broke down in 2 seconds or less whereas Vick's didn't. IMO, Vick fumbles that ball in game one if he is faced with the same blind side pressure in 2 seconds, but it was a fair competition.

Jaws said it best. With Vick at QB, the D needs to keep a S in to prevent Vick from running. The majority of LB's aren't fast enough for that task. That takes a guy out of coverage, normally a S, and is one less guy for Vick to worry about and one more one on one coverage with the ability to go down field as compared to Foles where nobody defends the run, and there is double coverage in certain matchups causing checkdown city.

It should be fun to watch.

The other thing that is interesting is even a QB with a 65 rating matriculates the ball down the field for TD's in this offense. This offense is very interesting.

I wasnt referring to you Nephilly but those posters know who they are so I wont say any names. And I agree some of the pressure did get to foles in game one maybe cause it was the 2's playing. But you cant deny that we should be excited to see if chip's offnse will even work in the NFL but even after saying that I believe Vick is the best person to test it. And did you also hear that they asked foles did he want to be traded since vick was named starter but he decided to sat in philly? Dont get me wrong I like foles he is a great kid and will get his shot to be a starter one day but I want to see how this offense looks with all cylinders running and I think that chip cant do that with foles at the helm (IMO)
samaroo
QUOTE (HobbEs @ Aug 21 2013, 09:18 AM) *
I voted 0-1. I dunno why but I have a feeling that with a new coach, system, protection schemes and whatnot we'll see a healthy Vick this year.

An off-the-wall question here...what happens if he stays healthy and ends up in the pro bowl? Then we have the argument about resigning him to a new deal.

I'm gonna go way out on a limb here and say that a pro bowl season for Vick (and what that will invariably mean for the team) will be worth whatever "problems" it brings. cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.