Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Did Chip Give Barkley an unintended insult?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
From today's announcement:

"We didn't have any preconceived notions of how this was going to work itself out," said Kelly. "It was just over the course of time, we let it play itself out. I think the one thing we learned from this group is I think we've got two guys and maybe even three guys that can play in this league. It was a healthy competition. Mike completed over 80 percent. I think Nick was at 79 percent. I think they both made each other better and I was very happy with how they both handled the situation because it can, at times, get testy. It can, at times, be one guy competing against another, but I thought it was a healthy competition and I thought it brought out the best in both those guys."

"Two guys and maybe even three". Seems like he's not as sold on Barkley as you would think he would pretend to be at this point. I may be reading too much into it but I thought the choice of words was a little telling.
HobbEs
I don't think it's a slight. What he probably means by 'play in this league' is play as starters.
mcnabbulous
I'd also assume he's specifically talking about this year.
Eyrie
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Aug 21 2013, 02:58 PM) *
I'd also assume he's specifically talking about this year.

That's my take on it as well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.