Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vick Should be Named the Starting QB Now
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
I voted yes, Vick should be named now.

Reason is, IMO, Vick has played much better than Foles in the games, and according to the media, has played better than Foles since training camp (the same media that said Foles was ahead in the OTA's). Passer rating of 113 vs 65, and that is with the hail mary INT Vick threw, without that he'd be at a rating above 140.

The only thing that can happen is if Foles plays better than Vick next game, then the decision instead of being 2-0 at the time of the announcement, is 2-1, a murkier decision. For clarity, do it now. If it was ie 1-1 after two games, I'd have no problem in waiting until after week three but it isn't sowe should name him and move on.

Anyone??
xsv
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 18 2013, 07:35 AM) *
I voted yes, Vick should be named now.

Reason is, IMO, Vick has played much better than Foles in the games, and according to the media, has played better than Foles since training camp (the same media that said Foles was ahead in the OTA's). Passer rating of 113 vs 65, and that is with the hail mary INT Vick threw, without that he'd be at a rating above 140.

The only thing that can happen is if Foles plays better than Vick next game, then the decision instead of being 2-0 at the time of the announcement, is 2-1, a murkier decision. For clarity, do it now. If it was ie 1-1 after two games, I'd have no problem in waiting until after week three but it isn't sowe should name him and move on.

Anyone??

I'm with you. I think that if he is forced to stick to the game plan, and not have to think on his feet to much and 'ad lib', he can be effective.

I think you're out of your mind, though, if you think he can cme close to winning 10 games though. I think the best case scenario is probably more like 8.
Zero
I also voted for "now." I don't think Vick has dramatically outplayed Foles, I think his skill set is better suited for what I perceive to be Chipper's ideal offense and he has considerably more NFL experience than Foles. As well as Foles is playing, I think he's much more in "learning mode" than Vick is as evidenced by some of his mistakes. The fact that both players are moving the offense so well speaks to Kelly's offense being adaptable to different skill sets IMO.
nephillymike
QUOTE (xsv @ Aug 18 2013, 08:54 AM) *
I'm with you. I think that if he is forced to stick to the game plan, and not have to think on his feet to much and 'ad lib', he can be effective.

I think you're out of your mind, though, if you think he can cme close to winning 10 games though. I think the best case scenario is probably more like 8.

The offense, and Vick, will definitely be good enough to win 10 games. I think we're looking at a top five offense. I still have them at 8-8 b/c I think the defense will hold them back.

Where do you expect the offense to rank?
xsv
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 18 2013, 12:34 PM) *
The offense, and Vick, will definitely be good enough to win 10 games. I think we're looking at a top five offense. I still have them at 8-8 b/c I think the defense will hold them back.

Where do you expect the offense to rank?

Top 10. Effective, but not enough to overcome a porous defense. Might be the worst defense in football this year.
Reality Fan
what makes me scratch my head is the idea that this years D can be any worse than last years squad.......I don't expect them to be a top ten d but I do expect them to be middle of the pack....they have some talent and they should benefit from better field position.....
GQSmooth
Vick has won the job, but why name him in public? Let the Skins have to prepare for two QBs until the week of the game. Privately in practice give Vick the first team reps.
xsv
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Aug 18 2013, 06:18 PM) *
what makes me scratch my head is the idea that this years D can be any worse than last years squad.......I don't expect them to be a top ten d but I do expect them to be middle of the pack....they have some talent and they should benefit from better field position.....

What's the last time a team switched from 4-3 to 3-4 and actually got better the first year? Not to mention a first year defensive coordinator.

I'm asking, not making a point.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (xsv @ Aug 19 2013, 07:41 AM) *
What's the last time a team switched from 4-3 to 3-4 and actually got better the first year? Not to mention a first year defensive coordinator.

Yeah and it's not like we just got LeBeau.

We should be seeing some real shootouts this year - at least I HOPE we see shootouts, otherwise we're going to be getting pummeled 48-17.
BirdsWinBaby
voted "now"

i thought (and said) he should have been named the starter long ago...before TC began

get him as many snaps as possible...practice, preseason, games, at home with his kids, weddings, whatever and whenever he can

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.