Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Eagles Defense: Above Avg, Average, Below Avg
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
97.5 had a segment on tonight that I thought was decent.

Go expected starter on D, one by one, and how would you rate each on expectations this year; above avg, avg, blow avg.

Cox - Avg
Sopoaga - Avg
Thornton - Below Avg
Kendrick - Avg
Ryans - Avg
Barwin - Above Avg
Cole - Avg
Fletcher - Below Avg
Williams - Avg
Chung - Below Avg
Allen - Below Avg Wolff not listed as starter yet. If so Avg at best

One above avg, three below avg.

Disappointing at this point with FA and all we had to spend that the talent level is this thin.
Zero
After last night's game, I'm thinking the D will be average to slightly above average. At least, I'm hoping.

I think it's too early to start the individual ratings ... they're learning new stuff and apparently not doing a lot of hitting in camp.

I'm surprised to see Cox and Kendrick as average on that list though.
koolaidluke
I wouldn't know how to evaluate each individual position, but I think the unit will be pretty good. My main source of doubt going into the season was Davis' horrible track record, but they have looked great in the first two games with the exception of that first Pats drive.

I bet the Eagles D as a unit will be above average. I have no idea if they will be a top 10 D though.
mcnabbulous
Cox is going to be a star. He's well above average. I'd also put Kendricks and Ryans in the Above Average group.
make_it_rain
I don't get all the hate for Fletcher.

Yeah, he's not an elite, top tier CB, and probably won't get a ton of interceptions, but he's been decent in coverage so far, and he hustles. He also held opposing QBs to like a 55 QBR last season.

He got a lot of hate for getting "benched" in Saint Louis, but he was also playing behind Cortland Finnegan and Janoris Jenkins.

I'd give him an "AVG" grade at least, but I think he could be pretty solid.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Aug 16 2013, 12:19 PM) *
I don't get all the hate for Fletcher.

Yeah, he's not an elite, top tier CB, and probably won't get a ton of interceptions, but he's been decent in coverage so far, and he hustles. He also held opposing QBs to like a 55 QBR last season.

He got a lot of hate for getting "benched" in Saint Louis, but he was also playing behind Cortland Finnegan and Janoris Jenkins.

I'd give him an "AVG" grade at least, but I think he could be pretty solid.

Oh, I like Fletcher. I was excited about him when they signed him.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Aug 16 2013, 01:34 PM) *
Oh, I like Fletcher. I was excited about him when they signed him.

agreed
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.