Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT I think the Sixers got a real good coach
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Brett Brown will do a good job.

As long as the process was, I think they landed the right guy.

Add on the moves at the draft and I think Hinckey is off to a good start.
D Rock
agreed..

Gonna take a few seasons, but they had to blow it up and start fresh.
GQSmooth
Not sure Brown's contract is long enough for him to realize success. Celtics gave the Butler guy 6 years. This team is probably t decent drafts from putting a team together to develop. I figure the development of key players would take 2-3 years. I do not like the Celtics trying to rebuild and suck at the same time, seems unfair since they are blowing up their team intentionally.
TGryn
Its hard to believe, but looking at their roster Thaddeus Young is now in the role of "veteran leader." Seems like just yesterday we drafted the guy.

If both Carter-Williams and Noel pan out, and next year's draftee also is a good one, 76ers should be in good shape for 2014. I figure the only way they're at all in the running this year is if Noel's knee is much further along than it appears, and if J. Williams and K. Brown somehow find a fountain of youth in the new regime, plus either Moultrie suddenly showing why he was a 1st round pick or White overcoming his issues somehow. Don't see all of that happening.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 14 2013, 07:32 PM) *
Brett Brown will do a good job.

As long as the process was, I think they landed the right guy.

Add on the moves at the draft and I think Hinckey is off to a good start.

I like Brett Brown. But there's one small problem: the Sixers owners just bought the Devils, after conveniently blowing up the team. So after 2,000 fans show up next year per game, they're gonna relocate both the Sixers and Devils to Seattle.

And even if they don't, I will never attend a Sixers game or watch one again knowing I am contributing to the Devils in some way. Nothing is sacred anymore.
koolaidluke
Jrue Holliday is a bum, the love that guy got never made sense to me. They should have kept Williams and traded Jrue and Turner last year.

The Sixers are in full tank mode for the upcoming season and maybe even next year as well.

I think the NBA should switch to an unweighted lottery. Rewarding teams for bad play just leads to a lot of bad basketball.

Thad is a good player and Moultrie has shown a lot of promise. That's two solid players. Need 4 more.

JaxEagle
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Aug 16 2013, 02:59 PM) *
I like Brett Brown. But there's one small problem: the Sixers owners just bought the Devils, after conveniently blowing up the team. So after 2,000 fans show up next year per game, they're gonna relocate both the Sixers and Devils to Seattle.

And even if they don't, I will never attend a Sixers game or watch one again knowing I am contributing to the Devils in some way. Nothing is sacred anymore.

Yes, that is all bad news. I wasn't aware. I guess I am more out of touch than I thought. Sadly, if the Sixers move I don't think it will cause much of an uproar. Ditto Flyers. Sadly. It seems to be a two team town now. Of course, that may be as much on the NBA and NHL as it is on the 76ers and Flyers management and the people of Philly, fans, etc.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (JaxEagle @ Aug 17 2013, 10:15 AM) *
Ditto Flyers.

Totally disagree - if the Flyers were being threatened to move there would be a mob with torches ready to sic the target. Me included.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.