Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Billy Davis Post Game Interview on the 1st game
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/multimed...57-b1cc764defb0

"We need to get the guys comfortable in our scheme, or the scheme I think we can run"

"We need to find the right group, and then do what they do best"

Seems to be a lacking of urgency here. What are the questions you need to answer before you decide what style of defense you will run?

1. Can our OLB's in the 3-4 cover receivers?
2. Can we get a pass rush from our ends in a 3-4?
3. Is our gut stout enough in a 3-4?

Even if you know we'll suck at DB, can't do much about it at this point except sign people released elsewhere.

To me, these three questions can be answered in training camp. Of course that would require live hitting sessions so maybe that's my problem.

it sounds to me that Davis is going to wait throughout preseason and then see who his best players are and THEN design a system around it. I guess he'll have an all night session to draft his defensive scheme at that point and then have three days to implement it before game 1??

The delay does not seem right to me. He may be in over his head.
nephillymike
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/multimed...41-a0c5fe9ac49a

And a lack or urgency from our leader on D.......................
koolaidluke
I didn't think the D was that bad. That first drive means nothing. The second drive they did what they were supposed to do: force Brady to make perfect passes. It just so happened that he was able to make those passes.

I think the D is really going to surprise people this year. It has loads of talent.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 11 2013, 11:50 AM) *
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/multimed...41-a0c5fe9ac49a

And a lack or urgency from our leader on D.......................

seriously?.......it was the first preseason game in a new scheme.......should he be in tears?...you worry me sometimes.....lol
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Aug 11 2013, 01:12 PM) *
seriously?.......it was the first preseason game in a new scheme.......should he be in tears?...you worry me sometimes.....lol

And the fact that he was out of position on one of the long runs according to Baldy
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Aug 11 2013, 01:12 PM) *

And another thing

Could you imagine Dawk and Joyner being all smiles after that product?

I can't.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 11 2013, 02:48 PM) *
And another thing

Could you imagine Dawk and Joyner being all smiles after that product?

I can't.

honestly....after the first preseason game I can't see either being too worked up.....and furthermore, he had the same demeanor last year through training camp where everyone was declaring him a dog and then went out and was the only bright spot we had so, yeah, I share his approach...i can't get too worked up over the first preseason game on either side of the ball,
Reality Fan
by the way....you should be lauding Cary Williams for his attitude this week if you toe the line you cast
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Aug 11 2013, 07:41 PM) *
by the way....you should be lauding Cary Williams for his attitude this week if you toe the line you cast

Yes!!

Got to hand it to the "injured" sconce shopping "star" free agent signing. Now if he can only back it up with placing his career in as high regard despite "the new place" (aka after gotten paid) he is in his life. Some of what he says is EXACTLY what our pussy D needs.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000022...a-eagles-soft-d
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 11 2013, 09:38 PM) *
Yes!!

Got to hand it to the "injured" sconce shopping "star" free agent signing. Now if he can only back it up with placing his career in as high regard despite "the new place" (aka after gotten paid) he is in his life. Some of what he says is EXACTLY what our pussy D needs.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000022...a-eagles-soft-d

agreed......he says exactly what I feel.....did not like Kelly booting him for standing up for the sake of pride
nephillymike
Kelly booted him? How?
D Rock
Kelly didn't boot him. The philthy media did.

I totally agree w Williams' attitude. 100%

But . . .

It tastes bad coming from the guy that was too busy to play that "leadership" role during the off season.

Then . . . SURPRISE!!!!!!!

The guy that wouldn't workout in the off season has a HAMMY in camp! Seriously. WHO didn't see THAT coming?

It's a story of "too little, too late" coming from him.

But the content of what he's saying is SPOT ON.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 12 2013, 05:01 PM) *
Kelly booted him? How?

he kicked him out of practice for getting in an altercation with a patriots WR.......a serious alarm bell for me....this ain't college....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.