Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help Is Not Coming Soon
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
In case you were wondering, like I was, that there has to be some help for our D out there SOMEWHERE, as these guys look dreadful. I mean, players #54-70 on most teams must have some guys better than those on our D, right??

Well, patience will have to be a virtue.

This year, teams get to hold on to the 90 or so players they have on their roster until August 27, when they have ot cut down to 75 players. That is AFTER the 3rd preseason game, but before the 4th preseason game.

The final cutdown to 53, is not until 8/31 and then the day after, teams get to name their 8 practice squad players.

So if we're getting help, it won't be coming until after the preseason as even as bad as this D is, I think we're still better, than those at #75-90 on other teams depth charts, who will be available 8/27. Yikes!!

So we will be watching this drek on D until after the preseason.

Patience. Be virtuous!!
Zero
Not even us most optimystic optimists expect a great record this year. If the defense sucks maybe it will give us the positioning to improve the talent next year while the "keepers" and coaches figure out the schemes, etc.

How's that for optimism?
Dreagon
I feel yalls pain. We need somebody to cut a guard in the worst way...and like you said, there just ain't going to be anybody worth looking into released until it's gonna be a real pain to integrate them
bwc2112
As Zero said I am Optimistic, I thought the team looked fairly well for a first pre-season game. I do also believe areas need to be addressed. They looked better this game than most of last season.

Some one said " You gotta believe".
For over 40 years I STILL DO.

Bruce
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.