Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
From what I saw tonight. Interested in others' opinions.

The Good
J. Avant
V. Curry
J. Knott LB
D. Square DL
M. Vick
WR Salas (last minute addition)

The Bad
M. Barkley
C. Marsh
M. Momah
D. Ryans
F. Jones

The Ugly
The Defense. I think we may be looking at one of the worst ever.

I was disappointed in the offense. It wasn't exciting like I was expecting. Too much dink and dunk. Vick's TD pass wasn't and it was the best play of the day. Hopefully we'll see more down the field.

Anyone??
Birdman420
Bryce brown looked good too in my opinion.

The defense looks lost out there

I can't judge the offense except that the O-line looked much better then last year, I think chip was playing a conventional offense with basic plays to test his teams fundamentals and I doubt our offense will look anything like that during the regular season.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Birdman420 @ Aug 10 2013, 08:08 AM) *
Bryce brown looked good too in my opinion.

The defense looks lost out there

I can't judge the offense except that the O-line looked much better then last year, I think chip was playing a conventional offense with basic plays to test his teams fundamentals and I doubt our offense will look anything like that during the regular season.

I agree. Brown should be in the good list. Interestigly, he was purposefully the #3 back behind Polk and they siad Brown had a bad camp so far. Good to see him play well. I don't think we'll get much out of Felix Jones. He looks lost out there.
iggleslover49
Lets not forget this is the preseason. Everything is still fairly new to the team and every play was vanilla. This defense will be be doing alot of blitzing Davis wasn't showing that. I saw us do ONE serious blitz and it was beautiful, most of the pressure we were getting was off basic stunts though. Vinny Curry deserves reps with the ones though and graham deserves reps with the ones in place of Cole
mcnabbulous
I turned it on pretty late, but Barkley seemed to have settled down by the time I started watching. Apparently he was pretty amped up at first.
iggleslover49
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Aug 10 2013, 10:35 AM) *
I turned it on pretty late, but Barkley seemed to have settled down by the time I started watching. Apparently he was pretty amped up at first.

what you mean amped up?
nephillymike
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Aug 10 2013, 09:35 AM) *

His arm was disappointingly weak by what I'm used to seeing from backup NFL QB's.

He was in a tough spot working with the guys he had out there.

On the plus side, I thought he was comfortable in the pocket, and normally threw an accurate ball, although I question if he was going to the proper guy. If he was, then many times they just weren't open.

I was disappointed that Shepherd didn't show anything. Same with Momah.

I was looking for Dixon to run a little more and was a little disappointed in what I saw from him.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (iggleslover49 @ Aug 10 2013, 09:39 AM) *
what you mean amped up?

Overly excited to be playing in his first nfl game.
D Rock
From what we know re Bryce browns college career (if u can call it that) the guy is the physical embodiment of the term "gamer."

It seems they kid just doesn't practice well. But he's pretty nutz in game. Hopefully they recognize this. Some guys are just that way.

I'd also add Bennie Logan to the good list. He flashed a few times which is pretty good for a rookie d lineman in a 3/4.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.