Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: On a irrelevant side note
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Ryne Sandberg sucks as a 3rd Base coach.

His success rate at sending runners blows!

Get's Utley thrown out with one out.

I know, I know.

It's like washing a train crash.

I can't stop watching.
nephillymike
and another thing:

De Fuckus blows too.

This city needs a winner.

Hopefully it starts Friday.
HOUSEoPAIN
Ryne Sandberg sucks as a 3rd Base coach.

The biggest reason to make him manager would be to get someone else at 3rd base. I honestly don't remember ever seeing a 3rd base coach cause so many outs at the plate. RIP Vukovich.

It's like washing a train crash.

A train crash is more graceful, and there's a chance those on the train will not be killed or traumatized. Not a good analogy.

I can't stop watching.

When you buy a direct tv sports package, you use it. I'm going tomorrow with a Cubs fan (yes I bought the tickets a month ago when they were 'in it') *sigh*

JaxEagle
Lol it is a train wreck. Damn it is ugly. If we had a little bit of luck with injuries (fewer that is) then it at least wouldn't be this ugly.

I personally like Sandberg's aggressiveness, especially given the situation. Mikey, if we had shown the ability to score runners from third with less than two then he wouldn't be as aggressive as he is right now. Further, we rarely get a guy to third. Bottom line, our offensive ineptitude is why he is extra aggressive. We strand more runners than anyone. We have been that way for several years.

HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (JaxEagle @ Aug 8 2013, 12:03 AM) *
I personally like Sandberg's aggressiveness, especially given the situation.

It's the majors, not little league. The 'situation' is that you have a team mostly full of slow guys, who are absolute dead ducks when you send them. It's not 'aggressiveness,' it's stupidity.

I just checked the standings for fun, the Mets are ahead of us now. Eagles save us.
mcnabbulous
RAJ sucks
JaxEagle
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Aug 8 2013, 09:22 AM) *
It's the majors, not little league. The 'situation' is that you have a team mostly full of slow guys, who are absolute dead ducks when you send them. It's not 'aggressiveness,' it's stupidity.

I just checked the standings for fun, the Mets are ahead of us now. Eagles save us.

I fully understand that it is the majors. I also fully understand that our offense is pathetic and we rarely get chances to score runs. Bottom line, there is a better chance to force someone home than there is that we can score a runner from third with less than two. When there are 2 outs then it is a no brainer for sure, go for cuz the chance of us getting another hit are slim.

I'd be totally different if we could hit or if our pitchers routinely held teams down. If you don't want Sandberg to take some risks and be aggressive then what you really want is a cardboard cutout stood up in the third base coaches box. For our offense the cardboard cutout would do fine.
HOUSEoPAIN
I'm now 4-0 this year. Maybe Ruben will sign me to a $10 million contract to attend games.
JaxEagle
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Aug 8 2013, 08:00 PM) *
I'm now 4-0 this year. Maybe Ruben will sign me to a $10 million contract to attend games.

That's a great record. I guess we looked like WS contenders today!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.