Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lesean
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
D Rock
Am I the only one having a tough time with Lesean McCoy's words re: Cooper?

I mean, Come On. It's been pretty clear for a while that Shady is one of (if not the) biggest douche on the team. It's just one man's opinion, but Shady's heinous and hateful words to the MOTHER OF HIS fucking SON were every bit (perhaps even more) disgusting than Cooper's.

Dude is certainly allowed to have his own opinion on the matter. But I would think that anyone who spent the past few months pulling his own dirty ass foot out of his mouth would be the last guy to condemn another for ugly words.

This douche's lack of self awareness is saddening to me, albeit not surprising.

SMH
Rick
QUOTE (D Rock @ Aug 2 2013, 03:20 PM) *

I mean, Come On. It's been pretty clear for a while that Shady is one of (if not the) biggest douche on the team. It's just one man's opinion, but Shady's heinous and hateful words to the MOTHER OF HIS fucking SON were every bit (perhaps even more) disgusting than Cooper's.

Dude is certainly allowed to have his own opinion on the matter. But I would think that anyone who spent the past few months pulling his own dirty ass foot out of his mouth would be the last guy to condemn another for ugly words.

SMH

I agree.

I also will say, while what Cooper said was wrong, why is it everyone tried to give Vick a pass because it was a, "culture," thing in his case--and it was a MUCH worse thing he did than Cooper--and Cooper is being run out of the NFL (almost looks like that)? Not to mention, there are a LOT of people in the NFL who have done WAY worse than what Cooper did.

I'm not saying to just pooh pooh what he said, it was wrong but this has gotten ridiculous.
koolaidluke
<i>Shady's heinous and hateful words to the MOTHER OF HIS fucking SON were every bit (perhaps even more) disgusting than Cooper's</i>

The bulk of the team is not made up of mothers of Shady's children

<i>why is it everyone tried to give Vick a pass because it was a, "culture,"</i>

There are no dogs on the Eagles roster. Also, many people, including myself have been ultra vocal about what Vick did. I have no problem with him as a QB but I will never forgive him as a person.

I have nothing against Riley Cooper and no reason to suspect he's a bad guy. That doesn't mean he can continue to be part of the team after indirectly racially attacking the majority of his teamates. Its a tough break and I feel bad for the guy, but he needs to be removed from the team.

I wish him well and hope he can rebuild his career in another city.
D Rock
The point re shady has to do with the fact that he's very recently had to defend himself for allowing his words to show he's a douche.

Simple human nature would suggest anyone in his recently self imposed position would move him to keep the public condemnation to a minimum.

Or are women fair game for rhetorical hate speech? Yeah yeah, I know there are no skirts in the locker room. But they're at home of most players.

Would it have been less vile had Cooper said "I'll hop this fence and fight all you Fags"?
koolaidluke
<i>Would it have been less vile had Cooper said "I'll hop this fence and fight all you Fags"?</i>

First of all, no, it wouldn't be as bad.

Second of all, it isn't about punishing Cooper. Vick tortured dogs to death, Rothlisberger raped a woman and Ray Lewis at the very least helped cover up a murder. Those acts really were heinous, as opposed to Cooper who just said a word. But when you're on a team with mostly black guys you absolutely cannot talk that way because it is devestating for team morale.

If this was hockey or even baseball, fine and suspend the guy and then the issue is closed. But in the ultimate team sport, where most of the guys you go to war with are black, that kind of language is unacceptable, full stop. A man who gets caught on tape* using that language cannot be an effective part of the team.

*And that really is the issue. We all know that there are many other Eagles players who have said as bad or worse, but only Cooper was enough of a dumbass to get caught.
D Rock
Fuck your double standard.

Hate speech is hate speech.

And for the last time, this thread wasn't about cooper,

it's about shady and his being a ginormous douchebag.
Rick
Sorry but that has to be about the dumbest reason for not having a problem with Vick, Lewis, etc. being able to play while you say Cooper should be gone from the team. He said a WORD!!! Just a WORD!!!! Regardless of who is on the team or not, it's still nothing at al like doing what some of these other guys have done to people/animals.

It's just stupid Cooper is getting so much flack for this. Sure, what he said was stupid, wrong, etc. However, he's not a criminal. He broke no laws and harmed nobody. While so many other NFL players who have hurt others and ARE criminals are given a pass. Would it be better if Cooper came out and said his words were used because it was a culture thing? I mean, I believe he grew up on the Gulf Coast of FL (could be wrong, I'm not really sure) and, well, there are some redneck racists there. So, it should be ok right?

My point is, Vick getting a pass because it was (supposedly) a culture thing while Cooper is (basically) being run out of the NFL for saying a word is absolutely ridiculous. Vick isn't the only guy who (honestly) shouldn't be in the NFL for the things they did. Cooper is NOT one of them. He was wrong. He admitted he was wrong. He apologized. He never did any harm to anyone. What's the big deal?

A word has no power until we--as people--give that word power.
Zero
QUOTE (D Rock @ Aug 2 2013, 03:20 PM) *

SMH

Absolutely agree and said is much in another thread. When I read what Shady said that was the first thing that came to mind. Shady needs some serious introspect and a super size helping of maturity.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (D Rock @ Aug 3 2013, 12:23 PM) *
Hate speech is hate speech.

Bullshit. Homophobic slurs are probably uttered about 12,000 times a game, by every player on both sides (except the closeted gay ones of course). The media would've had a field day, and Jason Collins would've gotten to do another round of talk shows, but no coach/player in the NFL would give a fuck, and he'd be more than welcome in any locker room (possibly MORE welcome now).
Eyrie
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Aug 4 2013, 05:22 PM) *
Bullshit. Homophobic slurs are probably uttered about 12,000 times a game, by every player on both sides (except the closeted gay ones of course). The media would've had a field day, and Jason Collins would've gotten to do another round of talk shows, but no coach/player in the NFL would give a fuck, and he'd be more than welcome in any locker room (possibly MORE welcome now).

That is completely missing DRock's point.

When words and phrases are offensive, they should be condemned as such regardless of whether the target is black, female, gay, Christian etc. That a particular group regards such language as acceptable is neither here nor there - no one is saying Cooper should get a free pass because some black players use the "n" word to refer to each other.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Aug 4 2013, 02:38 PM) *
That is completely missing DRock's point.

When words and phrases are offensive, they should be condemned as such regardless of whether the target is black, female, gay, Christian etc. That a particular group regards such language as acceptable is neither here nor there - no one is saying Cooper should get a free pass because some black players use the "n" word to refer to each other.

My point was that while they should be condemned regardless of target, they aren't. And it absolutely makes a difference in Riley Cooper's life right now if he used the word 'fag' instead. There would've been no locker room speech, no word from LeSean, no word from Dawkins, etc.

Whenever it happens (which is often), the media's moral enforcers make it a news story, the player apologizes, and nobody else cares.

Saying all slurs regardless of target should be condemned is great and I'm sure we all agree, and it would be nice, but it isn't based in reality. Again with Rangel.
D Rock
It would seem most here have missed my point.

Maybe I was less than clear.

My primary point here is that Lesean the shady douche spent weeks pulling his own foot out of his mouth.

Most people, with even the slightest bit of self awareness would refrain from public condemnation of one who stuck his own foot in his mouth.

And personally, I found shadys bitch rant to be every bit as shocking, appalling, and disgusting as Riley's asshat move. The fact that shady did his on a public forum that he KNOWS everyone would see makes his move even MORE moronic.

Riley fucked up royally. But I find shadys saying "I can't respect a guy like that" to be rather projectionist on his part.

I for one can't respect a guy like lesean McCoy. I don't give a flyin fuck how good a running back he is.
Reality Fan
I had a serious problem with Shady's comments. He is a total piece of shit. Let me tell you a little story of sweet Shady.....he goes into a bar in Allentown that was like a Dave and Busters.......he approaches them about a fundrasier XBox tourney to raise money for inner city youth charities in Allentown (who desperately need it). The bar says sweet....we will help...Shady donates some Eagles Swag and the bar provides the venue, the technology etc and a good cause gets helped. A week before the event Shady says if he is going to show up he is expecting a hefty appearance fee.....The bar told him that the amount he is asking for is more than they are even expecting to raise for the entire event.......He tells them tough...give me the money....wisely the bar told him to go fuck himself.....I know the principles in this and have left out some worse details but enough to make my point. There a re other appearances that he blew off...The guy is a piece of shit.....I hope Brown and Polk go gangbusters.....
D Rock
laugh.gif

He's a douche
Reality Fan
QUOTE (D Rock @ Aug 5 2013, 06:00 PM) *
laugh.gif

He's a douche

what really sucked was that these guys were having money problems as it was...that is why they thought having an NFL guy there would be a nice bump beyond the event....an event they really could not afford to put on if things went south with the participation but they thought it would help the kids and buy them some good PR. The fact that McCoy's agent called up and demanded the money a week before the event was a total shock.....and he approached them with the idea to begin with....like I said, he is a dick
D Rock
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Aug 6 2013, 01:52 AM) *
what really sucked was that these guys were having money problems as it was...that is why they thought having an NFL guy there would be a nice bump beyond the event....an event they really could not afford to put on if things went south with the participation but they thought it would help the kids and buy them some good PR. The fact that McCoy's agent called up and demanded the money a week before the event was a total shock.....and he approached them with the idea to begin with....like I said, he is a dick

A dick w zero perspective and even less self awareness.
JaxEagle
I lost lots of respect for McCoy. Great player and we need him to be great, but he confirmed that he is an immature ego douche. Hey Lesean, perhaps you were mistaken in thinking the rest of the world gives a shit what you think.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.