Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Maclin carted off
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
D Rock
Left leg injury.
mcnabbulous
Apparently it's his right knee and they think acl.
D Rock
NFL net reporting torn ACL & MCL.

Tough break (or tear as it were) for Mac.

nephillymike
Out for the year.

That really blows!
make_it_rain
Losing Maclin is definitely a blow, but I'm intrigued to see how this affects the race for roster spots at WR. Suddenly a pretty crowded group of guys hungry to just get a spot on the roster (and now potentially a starting spot.... Benn, Momah, Cooper, Avant, Johnson) now have a wide open opportunity in front of them.

I can't remember a season since I've been following these shitheads that I've been this excited for preseason, to see how it plays out.
Eyrie
Disappointed for him on a personal level, particularly with this being a contract year.

I'd rather he was healthy and playing for us but it's not as bad a blow as it would have been under the pass-happy Reid. We don't know how good/willing Macklin would have been at the dirty work in Kelly's offense, so he may not have got as many snaps as before.

This is a big opportunity for Cooper and Benn to stake their claims to start opposite Jackson, with Avant and Johnson inside.
nephillymike
Elusiveness in confined spaces is an important talent needed in Chip's short passing scheme and those other guys don't have that. (Except for a motivated DJax and Johnson) He will be missed.

This injury cost him the opportunity for lifetime security. On a personal level, I can't imagine the overwhelming disappointment in having that happen. Sure if healed properly, he may have that chance in the future, but only at a significant discount.

A real shame.
iggleslover49
I've said it before and I'll say it again right now. I liked Riley Cooper more than Jeremy Maclin by the end of last season. Maclin has more potential, but never lived up to it. Cooper plays harder and tougher.
JaxEagle
Sucks for us and for Jeremy. He is a very likable guy.

It's tough to go through a whole season with no significant injury losses, but this has to be it for the preseason. We couldn't really afford any but definitely can't afford anymore.
iggleslover49
I don't know that wr is valued as much as it was in the Ried era. TE is definitely probably more of an impact this season.
D Rock
It sucks for sure.

But if you think about it . . . if you HAD to lose an offensive starter? Who better? Perhaps Vick if he wins the job, but I think Mac's loss hurts less than would Lesean, DJax, Celek/Ertz/Casey or anyone on the O line.
SLOiggles
The thing I wonder is, what now for Maclin? He was in the final year of his rookie contract and has absolutely no ties to the new coaching staff. Is there any chance that Kelly and co. would be willing to bring him back at a reduced rate?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.