Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Davis' first shot at HIS defense?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
If this is true it makes his resume more interesting coming to Philadelphia:
... this is the first chance heís [Davis] had to really put in his defense. In SF he was running Mike Nolanís scheme. In Arizona he took over for Clancy Pendergast, but didnít significantly change the scheme.

Davis really is in charge here and can do whatever he wants.

Link ...
TGryn
Scary stuff. We're relying on Davis and Shurmur to be the veteran NFL minds to balance out the lack of NFL experience of most of the rest of the coaching staff, but Davis has never actually tried running/teaching his scheme before? Hope Tommy's wrong about that.

Then again, considering the miserable performances Davis' defenses put in in Arizona and SF, that might be a cause for optimism...
nephillymike
I heard him say in an interview the other day that he hasn't seen his guys in pads so he doesn't know what they can do so until he does, he doesn't know what defense he will run. Also heard that Cox said he has o idea of what position he is playing and that he is concerned about it.

So can Davis wait a week and a half to see "what he has" and install a defense in enough time to work out all the kinks and get his players in the proper spots?

Given this fact and his track record, and overall lack of talent on that side of the ball, I say no.

I think we're looking at a top five offense and a bottom five defense, which may beTHE definition of 8-8.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jul 27 2013, 08:40 AM) *
I think we're looking at a top five offense and a bottom five defense, which may beTHE definition of 8-8.

In this day and age, that may get you 9-7 or 10-6.
JaxEagle
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jul 27 2013, 08:40 AM) *

I don't think we are quite that good on O or that bad on D. It will be interesting.
Bez
Funny 8-8 is what they are saying about the Chiefs as well. It's been so many seasons since I have been following the NFL , I cant seem to remember how many pre season predictions have panned out.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Bez @ Jul 29 2013, 01:31 PM) *
I cant seem to remember how many pre season predictions have panned out.

I can't imagine anyone putting us at 4-12 last year, not to mention NO finishing 7-9.
Bez
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Jul 29 2013, 05:53 PM) *
I can't imagine anyone putting us at 4-12 last year, not to mention NO finishing 7-9.
Well NO had that cloud over them ..... I dont know what to say about the Birds other than I like the roster and will wait and see.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.