Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rookies report to camp Monday
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
TGryn
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/tra...e-schedule.html
2013 Training Camp Schedule
Monday, July 22 Rookies report to NovaCare
Thursday, July 25 Full team reports to NovaCare
Friday, August 9 7:30 pm Eagles vs. New England Patriots
nephillymike
A few things I'm looking forward to:

#1. The QB competition and the reaction to it by the players involved.

#2. How long Chip goes before naming a starter. I'm fine if he goes up thru the first two preseason games. This way, the starter will get most of the snaps in preseason game #3.

#3. HOw he divides the preseason game playing time among the QB's. To me, a fiar evaluation would be rotating them out every two series so Vick and Foles hav equal time playing with both the ones and twos. I guess if Barkley is going to be in the mix, then he would be in that rotation too.

4. How Chip's practices look and how he incorporates the fast pace with a lesser number of participants vs. college.

#5. What does the defense look like? I have a bad feeling about the D, given the poor performance last year, the unflattering list of coaches they hired, and less than spectacular free agency in the secondary, and some scheme/personnel mismatches.

It's getting close. Monday will be here soon!
GQSmooth
Im just going to comment on #5, I share your concerns about the defense as far as the d.coord and talent but I think the positional coaches and situation (2 players/ coach ratio) is far better than what the team has had at the end of Reid's reign. The way Kelly practices and the amount of coaching present should lead to much better depth and intelligence on the field. I mean at the LB position there is no rookie leading them and we have two of the best LB coaches as far as development goes. The secondary and defensive line coaches also have developmental experience.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.