Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trotter: I think Foles will win the starting QB job
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Said it on 97.5 today with Joe D during the 6:00 hour.

Was surprised. He just said that you need someone who can make fast reads and Foles was the guy. He discounted the running ability of the QB saying if they run in the NFL they will get hurt.

This was probably the most favorable view I've seen publicly of Foles.
GQSmooth
All the local reporters have been saying the same thing after watching a few practices.
Eyrie
At this stage everyone has an opinion, but it's always interesting to read why they think what they do. In this case Trotter is on the same page as me, so I'm claiming him as an expert witness!
JeeQ
Whether it Foles on the first day, or Foles after the inevitable Vick injury. Foles will be our starter at some point this season.
Bez
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Jul 13 2013, 04:06 AM) *
Whether it Foles on the first day, or Foles after the inevitable Vick injury. Foles will be our starter at some point this season.
And this year I will more than likely have a new system to watch on , anything to get out of local programming in CA . I really look forward to seeing this youngster show some true grit.
iggleslover49
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Jul 13 2013, 05:06 AM) *

I don't think Vick will get injured this season. The guy has collected so much custom protective equipment from that company that sponsors him through the years, he's almost bullet proof from the waist up. If he gets injured it'll be a leg injury.
xsv
QUOTE (iggleslover49 @ Jul 14 2013, 09:48 AM) *
I don't think Vick will get injured this season. The guy has collected so much custom protective equipment from that company that sponsors him through the years, he's almost bullet proof from the waist up. If he gets injured it'll be a leg injury.

There no change Vick make it through even 4 games injury free. He just doesn't make quick decisions, and he always hold on to the ball until the very last second before getting pummeled.

I think he gets a concussion in preseason, and never starts in the NFL again.
BirdsWinBaby
QUOTE (iggleslover49 @ Jul 14 2013, 09:48 AM) *

wait what??...you just said...I don't even...

ah NM

let Vick play every snap of practice/preseason/reg season....he gets hurt every year. the more snaps, the quicker we can get his suckatude off the field
Eyrie
QUOTE (BirdsWinBaby @ Jul 20 2013, 01:01 AM) *
wait what??...you just said...I don't even...

ah NM

let Vick play every snap of practice/preseason/reg season....he gets hurt every year. the more snaps, the quicker we can get his suckatude off the field

I think removing his red shirt and letting our defence use him for tackling practice is going a bit far wink.gif

I'd rather see Foles beat him out fair and square than get the job handed to him by an injury to Vick.
JaxEagle
I have been a Foles fan all along and I am sort of pulling for him although I will defer to Chip's judgement. I liked Foles before the draft and and then I liked his competitive toughness once he got into our lineup. He just has the look and feel of a "gamer" to me. I hope that proves true!!
Bez
Hey Jax , your right and he is cool headed from all indications.
JaxEagle
QUOTE (Bez @ Jul 21 2013, 06:57 PM) *
Hey Jax , your right and he is cool headed from all indications.

I agree but the sample size is still small so it's hard to know if that is a true characteristic of him as a QB. I'm pulling for him to be our QB for the next 10+ years. I think he could be a Philly style player of Chase Utley like proportions.
Dreagon
If I were a betting man, I would say it doesn't really matter whether it's Vick or Foles who wins the starting job....because it will be Barkley who will be starting by the end of the season.
Bez
QUOTE (JaxEagle @ Jul 21 2013, 10:06 PM) *
I agree but the sample size is still small so it's hard to know if that is a true characteristic of him as a QB. I'm pulling for him to be our QB for the next 10+ years. I think he could be a Philly style player of Chase Utley like proportions.
Point taken , and it gets me to thinking about the difference between sizing up a QB's future and sizing just about any other position a player could have and how they will pan out. I get the feeling he steps back alot in his head and looks at things and learns from them , and it appears to be instinctive , not taught. Thats the kind of stuff you need to go the distance. I will take that over Kaepernick , there is something that bothers me about him. He seems unstable and for the time being this is fueling his success.
JaxEagle
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Jul 22 2013, 01:10 AM) *
If I were a betting man, I would say it doesn't really matter whether it's Vick or Foles who wins the starting job....because it will be Barkley who will be starting by the end of the season.

If that happens then I think it will be because one of the following has happened:

-Barkley tears it up in the preseason and looks like a franchise QB who is clearly better than Vick or Foles
-The Eagles are terrible and neither Vick nor Foles have looked any better than average
JaxEagle
QUOTE (Bez @ Jul 22 2013, 12:25 PM) *
Point taken , and it gets me to thinking about the difference between sizing up a QB's future and sizing just about any other position a player could have and how they will pan out. I get the feeling he steps back alot in his head and looks at things and learns from them , and it appears to be instinctive , not taught. Thats the kind of stuff you need to go the distance. I will take that over Kaepernick , there is something that bothers me about him. He seems unstable and for the time being this is fueling his success.

I understand your point on Kaepernick and I can't disagree. We shall see what happens but I think you may have a better early read than most here. We'll see...
JaxEagle
Having just watched a video about training camp competition, the interviews with the coaches had a couple things that stood out to me. First, Foles seems to be the favorite of our QB coach (I'm still trying to remember all our coaches names - Duce is the only one I know). Second, out TE's could be a stand out group of TE's. Third, I think we all undervalue Jason Avant. He is a good pro, period. Not All-Pro but just plain good!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.