Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: We got a 'W' in game 1 of the homestand of hope
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Tougher than it should have been. Who ever called that fastball to Uggla should be shot. I don't know what the hell Lee was thinking there. You can tell Uggla you are throwing him a curve in the dirt and he still will swing and miss. Give him a fastball in any count and lookout.

I'm going tomorrow for the first time this year and possibly the last time I will see this core group together. I hope they play well enough to keep it together.
JaxEagle
And game 3!
nephillymike
I'm happy with two of three

7.5 games behind both the WC and Division.

Problem is, they have only a 6% chance of making the playoffs according to ESPN. Even though they are tied for the 7th best record, they have the 10th best odds. Combination of them being so far behind the Braves and a tougher schedule relative to others.

In Monday's game vs. Wash, they give Harran and the Nats a small -115 favorite over Lannan and the Phils.

The Nats are hitting and so are the Phils. Should be a lot of runs in this series. Strasberg pitched today so he's out for the series, while we'll have both Hamels and Lee so hopefully we can get 3 of 4. Uphill battle.
HOUSEoPAIN
I'm happy with two of three

Not to mention 4 of 6 against the Pirates and Braves. You happened to go to the 13-4 debacle? That sucks. I'm going next Sunday.

Problem is, they have only a 6% chance of making the playoffs according to ESPN.

I wonder what the Pirates' 'ESPN chances' were the last few years going into July - I'd say probably 80 or 90%. Any organization that employs Michael Wilbon has no credibility.

Ruf is finally up and getting his shot. Some moves will probably be made before long, one way or the other. Putting Ruf at first while Howard is out, trading Michael Young, and bringing up whats-his-face might be happening.
nephillymike
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Jul 8 2013, 07:56 AM) *
You happened to go to the 13-4 debacle? That sucks. I'm going next Sunday.

I'll take responsibility for that loss. I got to do a better job. I got to put my team in a better position.
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jul 8 2013, 05:29 PM) *
I'll take responsibility for that loss. I got to do a better job. I got to put my team in a better position.
laugh.gif
nephillymike
Lee vs. Gonzalez.

Fingers crossed for three in a row vs. Nats.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jul 10 2013, 06:00 PM) *
Lee vs. Gonzalez.

Fingers crossed for three in a row vs. Nats.

Gio Gonzales and Gavin Floyd for Freddy Garcia.....still killing us.
nephillymike
A swift kick in the balls.

I have had enough of J Roll. On that ball he booted, the runner was 1-1/2 strides to his right and Jimmy doesn't hustle after the ball after his error to possibly save the fifth run. Turns out, we score one in the 11th and would have been tied. No problem with the error, but his lazy ass can't play for my team. On top of the lack of hustle the other night when he was called out by a hair at first when if he busted it from the box he would have been safe by over a stride. This is all on Charlie. His ass should be on the bench.

Ship him the fuck out of here.

There must be other .255 hitting SS with four homer in 93 games potential who hustles out there somewhere. Can we get a bullpen arm for this lazy sob??
nephillymike
Ben Revere hustled more down to first on the last play running with a broken foot than J Roll has all year.

Sucks about Revere.

They said broken, not fractured, which probably means out for two months at least.
nephillymike
So that's what a hustling J. Roll looks like.

If you had it on DVR, save it, it may be worth something someday.

It was great hustle and a great slide but something puzzles me about the pro game.

Utley was there telling him to slide and all but I very rarely see anyone direct the runner of where to slide. Back in college, the on deck guy's responsibility was to direct the guy where to slide, inside or outside etc. The on deck guy has the benefit of seeing where the throw is going. If anyone were to do it, I assume Utley would. Unless he was yelling it to him. We used to have to give hand signals, sweeping motions, letting the runner know. Just odd.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.