Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Training Camp at the LInc
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
FYI,

for any who haven't heard, the Eagles are having 5 open practices at the Linc. They are first come first serve and each person can get up to 8 tix. They go on sale this Tuesday afternoon. They are general admission by section.

Please check the home site for details.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jun 16 2013, 09:40 PM) *
FYI,

for any who haven't heard, the Eagles are having 5 open practices at the Linc. They are first come first serve and each person can get up to 8 tix. They go on sale this Tuesday afternoon. They are general admission by section.

Please check the home site for details.

I guess I should thank the Eagles....they have saved me a healthy chunk of time and money. I was spoiled having it close to me and readily accessible. Now I will have to fill those visits with 18 holes and spend the money I dropped there on clubs...it is not like I need any more Eagles gear.
nephillymike
For me just the opposite.

It makes it easier for me and my kids to go. The fact that they're on weekends and the weekdays start at 12:30, makes an early dismissal on a work day a possibility and/or just go on the weekend if necessary. Both were too tough with the commute and work.

The 9:30 opening of the lots makes tailgating a possibility for those so inclined.
iggleslover49
I wish I could experience a training camp... Oh well, I'm slated to watch them live, week 6 @Tampa bay, that'll have to do.. sad.gif
nephillymike
two of the five practices have sold out the lower bowl. More tix for those practices will be offered tomorrow at 11 AM. Two of the remaining three have only a few tix left in the lower bowl.

Looks like this city is psyched for Eagles football.

Can you imagine 50,000 fans at a practice?

We're talking practice, not a game, not a game, but practice!!!!
iggleslover49
Don't you get the chance to interact with the players more during training camp practices than at the game?
nephillymike
QUOTE (iggleslover49 @ Jun 18 2013, 09:24 PM) *
Don't you get the chance to interact with the players more during training camp practices than at the game?

Yes.

I was just repeating that infamous Iverson press conference about PRACTICE!
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jun 18 2013, 10:07 AM) *
For me just the opposite.

It makes it easier for me and my kids to go. The fact that they're on weekends and the weekdays start at 12:30, makes an early dismissal on a work day a possibility and/or just go on the weekend if necessary. Both were too tough with the commute and work.

The 9:30 opening of the lots makes tailgating a possibility for those so inclined.

as long as you are free on one of the 5 days....I see that is much more convenient as opposed to going to any one of the 20 some days camp was open in the past. I appreciate the fact that camp is now 30 minutes closer for you but it is still a bad change. Camp at a remote location allowed a certain connection. I used to go down to West Chester as well so the drive is not an issue....I won't do the Linc....it just has the feel of being too commercial....and I bet the concessions will not be cheaper.....
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jun 18 2013, 10:11 PM) *
two of the five practices have sold out the lower bowl. More tix for those practices will be offered tomorrow at 11 AM. Two of the remaining three have only a few tix left in the lower bowl.

Looks like this city is psyched for Eagles football.

Can you imagine 50,000 fans at a practice?

We're talking practice, not a game, not a game, but practice!!!!

Ugh. I'm psyched for the season, but I don't think it's possible for me to remotely give a shit about a practice, or a scrimmage, or anything. Even preseason games are tough for me to watch once the first team leaves. However, this year I think preseason games will be about as exciting as humanly possible, with several potential starting QBs fighting for the job.
SAM I Am
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jun 19 2013, 03:53 AM) *
as long as you are free on one of the 5 days....I see that is much more convenient as opposed to going to any one of the 20 some days camp was open in the past. I appreciate the fact that camp is now 30 minutes closer for you but it is still a bad change. Camp at a remote location allowed a certain connection. I used to go down to West Chester as well so the drive is not an issue....I won't do the Linc....it just has the feel of being too commercial....and I bet the concessions will not be cheaper.....

If you have no plans on doing the Linc for any of the 5 practices because it will have the feel of being too commercial --- and you are right, Jesus H, it is in a fucking stadium after all --- it is very probable you won’t be seeing any of the training camp sessions for this reason: The 14 daily practices at the Novacare Complex will be limited to 50 or so season ticket holders, and the rest of the people there ---- 300 to 400 people --- will be there courtesy of the Eagle’s “corporate sponsors”. Talk about being too commercial.

With that said, since it is much closer to me than making the trip to Lehigh --- which I enjoyed doing --- I will make an attempt at going to the Linc for one of the practices.

As far as I am concerned, it is good for the team, but bad for the fans. It really did seem like a waste to me to trudge all the way up there for three weeks, and it seems a lot of the teams in the NFL are moving away from going away to camp for camp.

For the fans, I think it sucks. I loved the atmosphere of camp at Lehigh, and West Chester also. You just couldn’t beat that intimate connection of being so close. At West Chester one of the times I was there, they were doing 7 on 7 drills on the sideline so close to the cheesy brown picket fence I was behind, Randall could have handed me the fucking ball after the snap.

Eh, just my 2 cents.

nephillymike
FWIW, the had Don Smolenski on the radio the other day and he said they had 200,000 seats reserved for the five open practices, 49,000 for the first open practice alone. He expected more to reserve spots for the last four practices as those dates got closer and once the actual training camp started. The 200K + already reserved plus the 10-20K who will watch at the Nova Care, represents a significant increase in people over what they had at Lehigh.

SAM I Am
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jul 21 2013, 08:02 PM) *
FWIW, the had Don Smolenski on the radio the other day and he said they had 200,000 seats reserved for the five open practices, 49,000 for the first open practice alone. He expected more to reserve spots for the last four practices as those dates got closer and once the actual training camp started. The 200K + already reserved plus the 10-20K who will watch at the Nova Care, represents a significant increase in people over what they had at Lehigh.

There are a lot of request for tickets to the 5 practices, but will all of those that reserved tickets actually go? I seriously doubt it. But I do believe there will be an increase in people attending these practices. Part of that has to do with a much higher concentration of people in the area here, and plenty of folks are intrigued with Chipper's way of doing things. Blare that muzak!!!

XFinity Live seems like a good place to chill out after practice is done. Pretty nice joint.

nephillymike
I heard last night that they now have 55,000 on reserve for Sunday's practice.

Can you imagine the circus and fun that will be down there??

I don't think Chip knows what is going to hit him.

If he didn't know Philly is crazy, he will after Sunday.

Gates for parking open at 9:30, plenty of time for lubrication on a hot summer day.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.