Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New England Patriots to sign Tim Tebow
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Bez
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown...-213908226.html

Totally makes sense cosmetically .
Dreagon
If anybody can keep this from turning into a circus, it's Bill Belicek. Ad that to the fact that with the presence of Tom Brady, there won't be any quarterback controversy, and he might have found the team that could work for him. We shall see.

thank god Jerry didn't do this
Bez
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Jun 10 2013, 06:01 PM) *
If anybody can keep this from turning into a circus, it's Bill Belicek. Ad that to the fact that with the presence of Tom Brady, there won't be any quarterback controversy, and he might have found the team that could work for him. We shall see.

thank god Jerry didn't do this
His squeaky clean image in contrast to Bill and Co with Tom Cat . Tell you what ? This has all the makings of some sort of Karmic twist . Tom could end up getting hurt early on.
nephillymike
I like it.

Let the circus go to Boston. Let a good team have the distraction.

I don't blame the distraction on Tebow. He was a 4th round QB talent drafted in the 1st round, not his fault they chose him in the 1st. He's played poorly at QB, but his team won some close games. Not all of his credit that they won those games. I do think he should have gotten a chance to lead the Jets though I don't think he would have been successful.
Dreagon
QUOTE (Bez @ Jun 10 2013, 06:04 PM) *
His squeaky clean image in contrast to Bill and Co with Tom Cat . Tell you what ? This has all the makings of some sort of Karmic twist . Tom could end up getting hurt early on.

LOL! If Brady goes down and Tebow comes in and wins a few, that could set up the most hilariously karmic situation in the entire NFL biggrin.gif
Bez
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Jun 10 2013, 08:08 PM) *
LOL! If Brady goes down and Tebow comes in and wins a few, that could set up the most hilariously karmic situation in the entire NFL biggrin.gif
I hear laughter form above. cool.gif
JeeQ
Made no sense at all for Tebow not to be on a team in the NFL. Bill will find a use for him.
nephillymike
Baldy made the statement that Tebow is one of the best 32 QB's in the NFL.

I don't agree with that. I say he's one of the best 96 but not top 32.

I'd put him at a lower tier backup or upper tier third string.

Anyone?
Dreagon
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jun 11 2013, 05:42 PM) *
Baldy made the statement that Tebow is one of the best 32 QB's in the NFL.

I don't agree with that. I say he's one of the best 96 but not top 32.

I'd put him at a lower tier backup or upper tier third string.

Anyone?

He's hard to quantify. As far as skill-sets go, he's more backup or even third string material as a QB goes. On the other hand, when it comes to intangibles he's like a top 10 guy. I'm actually sorta surprised some team thats trying out these new read option offenses haven't tried him as a number two. That offense would play more to his strengths than a standard pro offense
nephillymike
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Jun 11 2013, 05:56 PM) *
He's hard to quantify. As far as skill-sets go, he's more backup or even third string material as a QB goes. On the other hand, when it comes to intangibles he's like a top 10 guy. I'm actually sorta surprised some team thats trying out these new read option offenses haven't tried him as a number two. That offense would play more to his strengths than a standard pro offense

I am surprised too. He should be able to do the read option
Bez
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Jun 11 2013, 05:56 PM) *
All you need is well practiced scenarios where he pulls off what he did in the last play of the Broncos Steelers game and he could be huge. Of course we have this whole thing about the QB being the anchor so you really cant just bring in someone like Tebow to pull off a stunt. I suspect if a team was well grounded and accepted the role of someone like Tebow the whole team could benefit. Thing is the main QB would have to be willing to share the glory with some one who could finish the game like what is done in baseball. It seems to me at least until the whole NFL got caught up with a tweak int eh system really using someone with Tebow's skills and character could wear out a defense. Look at what Chip Kelly does with no huddle.
JeeQ
Tebow has the intangible no Eagles QB has had since I've been a fan...

He's A Winner

His late game heroics and ability to steal victories from certain defeats is what winners do. He's won at every level of competition he's played in and I can guarantee you he'll be a deadly weapon in the hands of Bill. Being a winner is an intangible that surpasses raw skill. For the best example look at Peyton Manning Vs Eli Manning. 9 out of every 10 people will tell you Peyton is the better QB. Yet he's a perennial playoff choker, while Eli is one of the most dangerous QBs in the postseason.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Jun 13 2013, 02:04 PM) *
He's A Winner

cheers.gif

And the tens of millions of sad, pathetic bigots out there who hate him are losers. Honestly, he's also one of the nicest people on the planet, and someone who manages to keep his head up in the face of frothy-mouthed irrational hatred of him.
Phits
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Jun 13 2013, 02:04 PM) *

Clearly you haven't been a fan for very long.

His late game heroics and ability to steal victories from certain defeats is what winners do. He's won at every level of competition he's played in and I can guarantee you he'll be a deadly weapon in the hands of Bill. Being a winner is an intangible that surpasses raw skill. For the best example look at Peyton Manning Vs Eli Manning. 9 out of every 10 people will tell you Peyton is the better QB. Yet he's a perennial playoff choker, while Eli is one of the most dangerous QBs in the postseason.

Regarding his NFL career, I don't care about anything previous, if his D doesn't play lights out he is a liability. He's not a quality NFL QB. Maybe Beli-cheat can morph him into something worthy of an NFL roster spot. I don't see it happening, but anything is possible.
Bez
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Jun 13 2013, 02:10 PM) *
cheers.gif

And the tens of millions of sad, pathetic bigots out there who hate him are losers. Honestly, he's also one of the nicest people on the planet, and someone who manages to keep his head up in the face of frothy-mouthed irrational hatred of him.
Dont kid yourself , he is humble to a point , but he is an NFL player and every jackass who hates him because of who he is and what makes him strong , well lets just say the man knows where they will end up . It's a thrill to be so successful and do it right. He enjoys ticking off the opposition. cool.gif
Matty™
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Jun 13 2013, 07:04 PM) *

He's A Winner

But he never won consistently, one season does not define a career.
Bez
QUOTE (Matty™ @ Jun 25 2013, 03:51 AM) *
But he never won consistently, one season does not define a career.

I think what separates him from the usual set of standards someone of his age and age related experience receives , and Tebow is his consistency of character. Although he loves football and all he functions with a perspective that gives him the ability deal with it all. If he was just another statistic it would be one thing , but from all indications this guy is totally aware of his limitations and fragility as a human being. In other words you more than likely wont see success in what ever form it comes going to his head the same way it does a player we cast into the statistical modes of probable outcomes . Great players on the field tend to fall prey to temptations off the field one way or another , and then they are set up further for a real fall.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.