Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Are the wheels starting to fall off?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Pages: 1, 2
D Rock
First Vick comes out and goes against the Chip Kelly Grain by emphatically declaring Chip should anoint him starter before camp begins. Given the chance to walk the rhetoric back, Vick instead insists his words go to press.

Now Leonard Weaver (remember him?) is claiming a state of disunity in the LOCKER ROOM

Leonard being a former player, he likely has some connections remaining in the locker room. Those connections are likely closer to Vick than Foles.

If I'm Chip, I cut Vick right fucking now. It's becoming clear that he's going to turn into locker room cancer the more this "QB Competition" slips away from his incapable grasp.

Chip can't allow Vick anyone to divide his first year's locker room.
Phits
Interesting that there is no mention of Vick in any of his tweets, yet everybody is assuming such. Seems like wishful thinking on the part of the Philly fan base. Anything to tear the man down.

QUOTE (D Rock @ Jun 10 2013, 02:30 PM) *
First Vick comes out and goes against the Chip Kelly Grain by emphatically declaring Chip should anoint him starter before camp begins. Given the chance to walk the rhetoric back, Vick instead insists his words go to press.

Now Leonard Weaver (remember him?) is claiming a state of disunity in the LOCKER ROOM

Leonard being a former player, he likely has some connections remaining in the locker room. Those connections are likely closer to Vick than Foles.

If I'm Chip, I cut Vick right fucking now. It's becoming clear that he's going to turn into locker room cancer the more this "QB Competition" slips away from his incapable grasp.

Dreagon
You know...you guys had Reid a long time. And when you have a coach for that long it creates a whole culture built around the personallty and worldview of that coach. And over time the team gets stocked with veterans who have bought totally into that worldview, and iinvested a lot of themselves in it.

I'm remembering when Jimmy Johnson took over for Landry, and how (after the initial problems with the way Jerry handled the firing) we suddenly had locker room problems. We had guys like Danny White stepping up and saying how "the team was not okay." Johnson ended up having to cut a lot of big name veterans his first year (Randy White, Ed Jones, etc) in order to make the team "his team". Many felt the wheels were coming off then, but in three years we were in the Super Bowl. What was actually happening was the coach was having to deal with the remnants of the old culture that first year, but for all the grief it was worth it.

Chip Kelly will probably do a little of the same, and there will most likely be a few unhappy veterans. Especially at the idea of a "college coach" coming in and wanting them to do things his way. But Kelly probably knows what he is doing.
D Rock
QUOTE (Phits @ Jun 10 2013, 07:52 PM) *
Interesting that there is no mention of Vick in any of his tweets, yet everybody is assuming such. Seems like wishful thinking on the part of the Philly fan base. Anything to tear the man down.

Wishful thinking?

How many players have publicly spoken out about ANYTHING Chip Kelly related?

(hint) - Just one. Mike Vick.

So if there's "disunity" in the locker room, the logical first place to look would be at those players who've spoken out publicly.

Sure, I'm just "tearing him down."

rolleyes.gif

If the asshat had kept his dumbass mouth shut, we could just dismiss Leonard.
Phits
QUOTE (D Rock @ Jun 10 2013, 03:19 PM) *
How many players have publicly spoken out about ANYTHING Chip Kelly related?

Not that it matters, but, Vick's comments are/were justified and they weren't negative. The only indication of dissension is by speculation (we seem to have a need for controversy), and now by a former Eagle.
D Rock
I can't wait to hear how vick's comments are "justified."

Do tell.

Reality Fan
This has become some serious overreacting by a press hungry for stories real or imagined. Vick merely said he was not going to answer the same question over and over again. Chip Kelly has gotten testy over the same thing but in the zeal to create a story this has gotten out of hand. What is curious to me is why no one has attributed any of this rancor to Desean Jackson. He is unhappy because his role will be diminished on one hand with more running and lots of throws to TEs and now he is admittedly accountable for more than running flies and deep posts. He had some reported friction with kelly's plan and then palyed it off as if it never happened.

This is more a case of typical Philly media story fabrication than anything. Had Vick said he should be named the starter in that interview you might have something more and I would get Vick's reasoning because if he does not start here he needs to go somewhere that he might start before he is done. But he did not say that, he said they need to name a starter, whoever that may be. The frustration comes from dealing with a local media not unlike a bratty 10 year old on a long car trip...."are we there yet?....are we there yet?......are we there yet?.....

Phits
QUOTE (D Rock @ Jun 10 2013, 05:09 PM) *
I can't wait to hear how vick's comments are "justified."

Do tell.

see RF's reply
Phits
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jun 10 2013, 05:45 PM) *
This has become some serious overreacting by a press hungry for stories real or imagined. Vick merely said he was not going to answer the same question over and over again. Chip Kelly has gotten testy over the same thing but in the zeal to create a story this has gotten out of hand. What is curious to me is why no one has attributed any of this rancor to Desean Jackson. He is unhappy because his role will be diminished on one hand with more running and lots of throws to TEs and now he is admittedly accountable for more than running flies and deep posts. He had some reported friction with kelly's plan and then palyed it off as if it never happened.

This is more a case of typical Philly media story fabrication than anything. Had Vick said he should be named the starter in that interview you might have something more and I would get Vick's reasoning because if he does not start here he needs to go somewhere that he might start before he is done. But he did not say that, he said they need to name a starter, whoever that may be. The frustration comes from dealing with a local media not unlike a bratty 10 year old on a long car trip...."are we there yet?....are we there yet?......are we there yet?.....

cheers.gif
D Rock
QUOTE (Phits @ Jun 11 2013, 12:05 AM) *
see RF's reply

For what? Hot air?

I asked you to provide the "justification" for Vicks dumbass remarks.

- still waiting -

hunch.gif
Phits
QUOTE (D Rock @ Jun 10 2013, 07:23 PM) *
For what? Hot air?

I asked you to provide the "justification" for Vicks dumbass remarks.

- still waiting -

hunch.gif

I don't think they were "dumb ass". Most people don't. If you look at the situation rationally, why would he not want to have the QB situation cleared up before TC? It would be stupid to hope that the situation is still unclear. He is a veteran QB who needs to prove himself this season if he hopes to continue his NFL career. If his future isn't with Philly, he would need to demonstrate his ability (or lack of) to the rest of the NFL teams who may be in need of his services.

Most importantly, the HC has encouraged him to be open/honest with the media and has taken no issue with Vick's comments.
nephillymike
I thought about DJax too.

I'm perfectly fine with he and Vick being uncomfortable. They both should. They both performed below their pay grade IMO for a 4-12 team.

I want to win. I want to win now. Nobody on a 4-12 team should be comfortable, especially Vick and DeSean.

Trying to think about why Vick said what he said. I am concerned that he sees himself not standing out as the choice to be a starter and he wants to force the issue of a decision, so that he can find a new home if need be.

I heard some sports talk hosts speculate that Kelly wasn't upfront about Vick's statues when he signed him. I just don't think that happened. He said open competition since I remember and can't see him doing a wink wink deal with a guy coming off two bad years.

I want Mike Vick to go all out and compete to the best of his ability. I think he's having 2nd thoughts. I still think a motivated Vick, properly coached and protected in scheme and OL is our best option. If he's really the QB we've seen the last two years and not close to the one we saw in 2010, then it's time to move on.

I was looking forward to a fight to the finish, not a veteran QB crying uncle at the end of OTA"s.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Phits @ Jun 10 2013, 07:03 PM) *
I don't think they were "dumb ass". Most people don't. If you look at the situation rationally, why would he not want to have the QB situation cleared up before TC? It would be stupid to hope that the situation is still unclear. He is a veteran QB who needs to prove himself this season if he hopes to continue his NFL career. If his future isn't with Philly, he would need to demonstrate his ability (or lack of) to the rest of the NFL teams who may be in need of his services.

Most importantly, the HC has encouraged him to be open/honest with the media and has taken no issue with Vick's comments.

In an open, fair competition, why would you think it appropriate to name a starter before they play one practice snap with pads on? Do you think it shouldn't be a competition or do you think that there should be a competition and we've seen enough in the OTA's to make that decision? Just curious.
iggleslover49
Excellent thread! Carry on...
Birdwatcher

In answer to the question that started the thread...the wheels fell off this bus a couple of years ago and they aren't solidly back on yet. Weaver, now a part of the Philly media, quite likely heard about uncertainty in the locker room and confused that for disunity. To me, every one of these guys should know they are dispensable at this point and there prior status, whatever that may have been, has no bearing on what they are doing now. If some guys aren't 'buying in' they will likely be playing for another team. I think Vick just gave Chip an indication he may not pass the 'teabag' test Kelly mentioned when discussing QBs.

But cutting Vick now would seem petty. Now, if Vick stinks it up in preseason games or even fails to execute the plays the way Chip wants, he may find himself on the street with the 1st cuts. That would send a message.
JaxEagle
My views have changed over the years. Now I say show me what you can do when the games start. The rest of it is... well... stuff for message boards I guess.... hmmm..... abort.... sorry....
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jun 10 2013, 08:15 PM) *
I thought about DJax too.

I'm perfectly fine with he and Vick being uncomfortable. They both should. They both performed below their pay grade IMO for a 4-12 team.

It's more about the player's attitude for me. Do they have a sense of entitlement or are they embarrassed by a 4 win season? Some players have always been the best players, getting the most attention and they seem to be more about themselves than they are about the team. Open competition changes all of that and I suspect some guys thing they're being disrespected.
Zero
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Jun 10 2013, 10:27 PM) *
In answer to the question that started the thread...the wheels fell off this bus a couple of years ago and they aren't solidly back on yet.

Good point! It ain't new broke, it just isn't all fixed yet. Dreagon's comment about Jimmy Johnson seems a good road map. There's a new coach because there was a big problem. The problem isn't solved the minute there's a coaching change. There's a lot of work to be done. Look at the difference between the attitude of DJax or Vick compared to that of Avant. Avant has to know his job is in jeopardy but he's out there working his tail off and helping the young guys beat him out.
HobbEs
Vick was on Howard Eskin's show Saturday morning. I didn't hear the whole thing but basically he said he's tired of getting asked the same question over and over (who's gonna be the starter?) and blew up at the media. He called Chip to appologize afterwards. Supposedly everything is cool now.

FWIW I also heard Foles looked really good the last few practices. Maybe more pressure on Vick?
D Rock
QUOTE (Zero @ Jun 11 2013, 10:54 AM) *
Good point! It ain't new broke, it just isn't all fixed yet.

Precisely why it was a mistake to bring Vick back in the first place. One step further from "fixed."
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Jun 11 2013, 10:12 AM) *
Precisely why it was a mistake to bring Vick back in the first place. One step further from "fixed."

When Andy came to town, he made a point to clear out the roster of vets that may have had loyalties to the old staff or could potentially create divides in the locker room. It was a major factor in creating that locker room culture that thrived and grew together in the first 5 years of his tenure.

Seems like it could be necessary again.
Phits
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jun 10 2013, 08:18 PM) *
In an open, fair competition, why would you think it appropriate to name a starter before they play one practice snap with pads on? Do you think it shouldn't be a competition or do you think that there should be a competition and we've seen enough in the OTA's to make that decision? Just curious.

I (personally) haven't seen enough to determine whether the competition is complete. I also don't know specifically what Chip is looking for, in order to make a decision. However, that is not the point. With the blessings of his coach, Vick made his wishes public. We, in turn, made a mountain out of a mole hill.
JeeQ
Funny that you automatically assume it's Vick causing trouble when Cary Williams is going around on radio stations saying "fuck this franchise, the coach, and the entire fanbase"

Not to mention all the other players who've been moved to positions they don't care for, or moved from a starter to a 2nd or 3rd stringer or potentially off the team. They'd have the most reasons to be disgruntled.

I wouldn't doubt our overweight fatboys are missing Taco Tuesday and Fast Food Friday as well. I know they can't enjoy all the extra running Chip is making them do. Our poor millionaire football players might have to be in shape this year.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Phits @ Jun 11 2013, 11:41 AM) *
I (personally) haven't seen enough to determine whether the competition is complete. I also don't know specifically what Chip is looking for, in order to make a decision. However, that is not the point. With the blessings of his coach, Vick made his wishes public. We, in turn, made a mountain out of a mole hill.

With the blessings of his coach? So Vick said I'm going to complain publicly to the media the fact that a starter sin't named yet even though you said from day one you wouldn't name one until later and Chip said go ahead, knock yourself out??

I missed that one. What blessings?
nephillymike

With the blessings of his coach? So Vick said I'm going to complain publicly to the media the fact that a starter sin't named yet even though you said from day one you wouldn't name one until later and Chip said go ahead, knock yourself out??

nephillymike

Birdwatcher
QUOTE (D Rock @ Jun 11 2013, 11:12 AM) *

I disagree D, you look at him from a personal view jaded by what we all watched the last few years. But did you look at the coaches tape of Vick? Did you break down what his supporting cast was doing for him? I think Chip did, and maybe he felt it was too hard to fully judge Vick in relation the rest of the O the last couple of years. Also, Vick is the only vet on the roster right now, Foles is the only other QB w experience on the roster and that is less than half a season.

Everyone was chirping when Andy drafted 5 and then gave Doug the reigns his first season. I never saw any evidence that it damaged him, in fact he came out after 9 games in 2000 and played extremely well. Even if Vick starts the season, he will not end it, Foles likely will. Chip has no stake in Vick, he inherited him and reworked his contract to give him evaluation time. What is so wrong about that?
nephillymike
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Jun 11 2013, 06:30 PM) *
I disagree D, you look at him from a personal view jaded by what we all watched the last few years. But did you look at the coaches tape of Vick? Did you break down what his supporting cast was doing for him? I think Chip did, and maybe he felt it was too hard to fully judge Vick in relation the rest of the O the last couple of years. Also, Vick is the only vet on the roster right now, Foles is the only other QB w experience on the roster and that is less than half a season.

Everyone was chirping when Andy drafted 5 and then gave Doug the reigns his first season. I never saw any evidence that it damaged him, in fact he came out after 9 games in 2000 and played extremely well. Even if Vick starts the season, he will not end it, Foles likely will. Chip has no stake in Vick, he inherited him and reworked his contract to give him evaluation time. What is so wrong about that?

I have no problem with them bringing him back at the reduced rate. No problem if he wins the job, or loses the job. I do have a problem if he bitches about the competition though. Man up Vick. If you're the best choice, prove it!
samaroo
Word!

Epic triple post, by the way. Made me do a double take. (Triple take?!?)
Reality Fan

see...here is where you lose me....Vick did not say that he should be named the starter.......he said that Chip Kelly should name a starter before camp......and if he did not Vick was no longer going to answer questions about Kelly's decision not to name a starter or questions about who the starter is or should be......

talk about taking comments out of context.....are you sure you don't work for the Daily News now?

and you accuse me of hot air Mr pot?.......lol
Zero
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Jun 11 2013, 07:30 PM) *

Good perspective.
Phits
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jun 11 2013, 07:22 PM) *

First:
Vick said he talked to Kelly in the aftermath of his comments. The coach was OK with Vick's comments and encouraged his quarterback to answer the media's questions honestly.

It might behoove both men if Kelly just suggest Vick stop talking altogether -- especially if Vick has to "clarify" everything he says. But then what would we write about?

Second:
Vick said, "I was asked, 'Do you hope that Coach Kelly makes a decision on the quarterback position before training camp?' I said, 'Yeah, I would hope so, that a decision is made before training camp, because I don't want to continue to get asked the questions about who is having a better practice or who had a better practice that day or who is more equipped to run the offense.' "

Last:
"I didn't say I wasn't getting enough reps," Vick told the radio station. "I never said that out of my mouth, and I wasn't even asked that question to give a response in that fashion. It's five quarterbacks, and everybody has to get reps. Everybody has to get better. I understand that.

" ... We all wish we could get more reps. I wish I could get more reps during the course of a practice. I wish I could have got half of the plays that somebody else may have got, but that wasn't my selection for the day. It's difficult at times but at the same time you've got to understand the process that we're all going through, and we're all in a learning phase."
D Rock
Wow -

So chip being "alright with the comments" during the "aftermath" equates to the comments being made "with chip's blessing?"

JeeQ
Receiver DeSean Jackson told NFL Network on Tuesday that the rest of the players also would like to have an answer to the question that’s on everyone’s mind.

“I have been hearing some things about Vick saying that he wants to know,” Jackson said. “At the same time, the team wants to know too. We need to go into training camp prepared and know who is going to be our starting quarterback.”

Jackson admits that the competition between Vick and Nick Foles is a close one.

“I don’t know, it has been kind of even,” Jackson said.

Vick may not be thrilled by that degree of honesty from Jackson, primarily because Vick surely would disagree with the accuracy of the assessment.

It’s all the more reason for the players to find a way to avoid the kind of candor that can cause problems in the locker room and, in turn, on the field.

As the Patriots demonstrate pretty much continuously, just because a question has been asked doesn’t mean it has to be answered.

Fuel to the fire. In more ways than one. The question is... Is Nick Foles as good as Mike Vick? Or is Mike Vick as bad as Nick Foles?
D Rock
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Jun 12 2013, 06:26 PM) *
Fuel to the fire. In more ways than one. The question is... Is Nick Foles as good as Mike Vick? Or is Mike Vick as bad as Nick Foles?

Fair questions to be sure.

But, we know so much more about Vick. Until we know as much re: Foles, we're just speculating. That's why I hate that we kept Vick around. It only serves to slow the process of evaluating Foles / Barkley.

Vick sucks. This is known, proven, and beyond all reasonable doubt by virtue of more than a decade of super human physical tools combined with head scratching turnovers, mistakes, and results.

I've no interest in the "devil I know." Makes no sense to stick with a known turd. Especially when the "unknown" still needs to be learned. And especially when the "devil I know" has directly brought us to this lowly state.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Phits @ Jun 12 2013, 09:03 AM) *
First:

Second:

Last:

Were those quotes from the original quotes published by Mosher or were they all made in the aftermath and his discussion with Eskin or someone else afterwards?
nephillymike
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Jun 12 2013, 12:26 PM) *

Does anyone else think that DeSean is feeling the same insecurities as Vick? They both have a vested interest in knowing who it is now. Because if the starters are named and it isn't them, then they can try to get out of town. If the competition goes into the 3rd preseason games, then their options are limited.

As a fan, with no hate for Vick or love of Foles, all I want is the best guy to win and I'm very much looking forward to it playing out because I want to see this team compete amongst themselves because that's what 4-12 teams do, especially ones with a new head coach.

If they ain't men enough for open competition, they sure ain't men enough to handle the pressures of playing QB or WR for my team.

Anyone else feel this way?

Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jun 12 2013, 04:13 PM) *

Yes. If there's open competition that means the coach hasn't seen anyone as the clear winner. This is really simple: prove you're the best and you get the job. I don't really see the problem. In fact, if a given player is whining (not saying anyone is) that would be "points against."
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jun 12 2013, 04:13 PM) *
Does anyone else think that DeSean is feeling the same insecurities as Vick? They both have a vested interest in knowing who it is now. Because if the starters are named and it isn't them, then they can try to get out of town. If the competition goes into the 3rd preseason games, then their options are limited.

As a fan, with no hate for Vick or love of Foles, all I want is the best guy to win and I'm very much looking forward to it playing out because I want to see this team compete amongst themselves because that's what 4-12 teams do, especially ones with a new head coach.

If they ain't men enough for open competition, they sure ain't men enough to handle the pressures of playing QB or WR for my team.

Yup, both these guys seemed to have been coddled a bit by our last coach. Chip, on the other hand, is not playing favorites and is holding guys accountable for what they show him, which without pads on isn't much so far. This really is a mole hill blown out of proportion and both Vick and DJax need to man up and prove they are worthy to be starters. If they aren't sure they can hack it and want out of town, boo hoo, they are under contact and all their gripes have accomplished is that making the team just got harder for them. If they cut cut I won't care and if they step up and earn a place on this time I will be fine with that too. Fans who think the way they would want things done is how it should be ought to become a HC themselves and show everyone how right they are.
nephillymike
According to Les Bowen,

maybe those wheels are more secure than thought by Weaver and some others:

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/dneagle...he-Chipper.html
Reality Fan

you still don't get it....Vick did not say HE should be the starter...he said one should be named before TC starts......and apparently, from Jackson's comments regarding the team it seems he is not alone........

I don't get it...no matter how you try to misrepresent Vick's comments the facts remain the facts.....

now if I missed where Vick said he should be named the starter please enlighten me....and remember...I am the guy who wants the kid from USC under center right now....
D Rock
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jun 12 2013, 11:17 PM) *
you still don't get it....Vick did not say HE should be the starter...he said one should be named before TC starts......and apparently, from Jackson's comments regarding the team it seems he is not alone........

I don't get it...no matter how you try to misrepresent Vick's comments the facts remain the facts.....

now if I missed where Vick said he should be named the starter please enlighten me....and remember...I am the guy who wants the kid from USC under center right now....

laugh.gif

Do you actually believe this tripe? Or just playing devil's advocate? I'm sure Vick believes someone else should be the starter and the poor SOB is just looking for info.

wacko.gif
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (D Rock @ Jun 12 2013, 07:48 PM) *
laugh.gif

Do you actually believe this tripe? Or just playing devil's advocate? I'm sure Vick believes someone else should be the starter and the poor SOB is just looking for info.

wacko.gif

Evan Mathis: Chip Kelly shouldn't rush Eagles' QB pick

Michael Vick wants Chip Kelly to pick a starting quarterback before the Philadelphia Eagles roll into training camp -- and DeSean Jackson agrees -- but it's not about to happen.

Offensive guard Evan Mathis doesn't see what all the fuss is about.

"I haven't been evaluating our quarterbacks because I'm focused on the offensive line, but I really don't see the point of Chip Kelly naming a starting QB before camp," Mathis told The Associated Press on Wednesday.

"This is an entirely new coaching staff with an entirely new offense, which isn't even fully installed yet. It's not rocket science; whoever the coaches feel will help the team the most will win the job after proving himself in training camp and preseason."

Kelly said it in fewer words: "To make any decisions on who someone is from wearing shorts and T-shirts doesn't make sense to us."

Mathis is wise to fall in line. Kelly didn't voyage to Philly to pander to DJax (who's coming off a flat campaign) or Vick (who's lucky he's still with the team).

Besides, the issue with the Eagles hasn't been the Week 1 starter but finding a quarterback who has the strength to go the distance. Vick has plenty to prove before he floats any further demands around the building. Following Kelly's lead would be a start.

Looks like there is one vet who sees the truth...really not sure this 'discontent' goes beyond 7 and 10
Zero
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Jun 12 2013, 11:16 PM) *
Looks like there is one vet who sees the truth...really not sure this 'discontent' goes beyond 7 and 10

I agree with Mathis, it's not rocket science but most of these guys have been pampered most of their lives and it's hard to break away from that. In fact, it may not be possible. I don't think Kelly sees it as a big deal either because he knows he's got the call. All he has to do is coach and observe.
Zero
I know some think Kapadia is a hack, but he nailed here:
Vick turns 33 later this month. He has trouble staying healthy, has thrown 24 interceptions in his last 23 starts and has fumbled 32 times in his last 35 games.

Nick Foles, meanwhile, threw five interceptions in seven games and fumbled eight times. His 6.4 yard per pass attempt ranked 29th in the league, ahead of only Mark Sanchez, Blaine Gabbert and Christian Ponder.

In other words, of course Kelly isnít sold on a starter. Neither player has done nearly enough to be awarded the job in June.
This team finished 4-12 last year and had a point differential of -164, third-worst in the NFL. Itís perfectly reasonable to make players earn their jobs. And quarterback is no exception.
D Rock
100% YES.

That Vick (and DJax) don't seem to get this is very telling IMO.
JeeQ
QUOTE (Zero @ Jun 13 2013, 05:21 AM) *
I know some think Kapadia is a hack, but he nailed here:

This article sums up the fear I asked in my earlier post. If these two are playing evenly, please let it be because they're both playing so good. Foles was one of the worst QBs in the league last year, with Vick being marginally better. It wouldn't have shocked me if Barkley was showing the most promise in camp given last season.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (D Rock @ Jun 12 2013, 07:48 PM) *
laugh.gif

wacko.gif

I am sure he believes he should start but I am not putting words in his mouth to further a bias against him. I don't want him to start, I want Barkley but I am not editing his comments to make him look worse. He simply did not say he should be the starter...he said they should name A starter....thats all........and if he is not named the starter he can resort to plan b.....and by the way...you also ignore his comments on NFL network right after these comments...pretty clear stuff
Dreagon
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Jun 13 2013, 12:58 PM) *
This article sums up the fear I asked in my earlier post. If these two are playing evenly, please let it be because they're both playing so good. Foles was one of the worst QBs in the league last year, with Vick being marginally better. It wouldn't have shocked me if Barkley was showing the most promise in camp given last season.

Actually, I'm would almost bet real money that it doesn't matter whether it's Foles or Vick who is the starter at the beginning of the season, because I think the odds are very good it will Barkley at the end.
nephillymike
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Jun 13 2013, 12:58 PM) *

This is not saying Foles is the best QB, but he sure wasn't bad for a rookie.

Consider he was the only rookie QB ever to complete 60% of his passes and average more than 240 yds passing per game.

Also, compare his stats as a rookie to the best QB's that have played here in the last 40 some years.

Name.............QBR Rookie...QBR Yr 2
Jaworski............22.8.............60.4
Cunningham......29.8.............72.9
McNabb.............60.1.............77.8
Vick..................62.7.............81.6
Foles................79.1.............TBD

For a rookie behind a shit offensive line with a bunch of injuries to top skill players for a shit team with a shit defense, the kid did just fine in comparison to others. IMO, not good enough to be named the starter, but sure enough good enough to challenge the injury prone, turnover machine QB who had a point lower QBR on the same team and to let that challenge go as long as the new HC deems necessary, no matter whose feelings he hurts!

Let the challenge continue............................
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.