Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So I think it's time...
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
mcnabbulous
We had a thread about Dom Brown.
Holy hell. At least there is something to be excited about on the Phillies this summer.
nephillymike
You got that right!!

Good for him, and us.

He was rated the #1 prospect in all of the minors at one point.

Good to see him do well. I never saw this type of HR potential. He was thought to be a 20-25 H guy.

I think the key was Jax giving up!!
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jun 3 2013, 09:40 PM) *
You got that right!!

Good for him, and us.

He was rated the #1 prospect in all of the minors at one point.

Good to see him do well. I never saw this type of HR potential. He was thought to be a 20-25 H guy.

I think the key was Jax giving up!!

I must admit...I was done with him.....never saw this coming
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jun 3 2013, 08:56 PM) *
We had a thread about Dom Brown.
Holy hell. At least there is something to be excited about on the Phillies this summer.

I always had faith he'd turn out ok, and this year he was going to get his chance. I wasn't quite expecting this though.
Zero
In typical grumpy fashion ... isn't he still a defensive liability? Let's hope that improves.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Zero @ Jun 4 2013, 05:50 AM) *
isn't he still a defensive liability?

No. Certainly not compared to those butchers Revere and D. Young.
mcnabbulous
He's not a great defensive player, but he's not awful. He's still only 25, so hopefully he continues to get more comfortable.

While I didn't expect him to be a 40+ homer guy (which he is on pace to do) anyone that has watched this kid for the past couple of years could see that he had a nice understanding of the strike zone and his improvement was inevitable.

If our organization wasn't such a clusterfuck, they would have let him play the past 2 years and gain a bit of confidence. We're just now seeing how beneficial that can be.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.