Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Coaches who can adjust?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
I realize there's some who will pound me for this, but I just don't believe adjusting was one of the Eagles better traits the past couple of years. It appears that Kelly will be good at it, based on the information we get on how he reacted in Oregon and it seems he brought help for the other side of the ball with him.
Azzinaro was also adept at making in-game adjustments at Oregon, Lyght said, adding that defensive coordinator Nick Aliotti often relied on Azzinaro's problem solving. New coordinator Bill Davis will surely take all the help he can get as he rebuilds the Eagles defense.

Move it, dude ...
GQSmooth
QUOTE (Zero @ May 28 2013, 08:01 AM) *
I realize there's some who will pound me for this, but I just don't believe adjusting was one of the Eagles better traits the past couple of years. It appears that Kelly will be good at it, based on the information we get on how he reacted in Oregon and it seems he brought help for the other side of the ball with him.

Move it, dude ...

The problems we had were more than just in game. I still can't understand how the teams management thought playing the wide 9 at all times was a good idea. Sure on paper it is but after the first couple of games I remember questioning someone if it made sense to run wide 9 in every situation? If you know an offense is trying to run down your throat it makes more sense to me to switch to a different alignment.

Back to your original subject lack of adjustment on the offensive side of the ball I agree was a huge problem. The team probably would of had 2 more SB appearances with better adjustments. Even worse the last few years the team did not play to its strength which is running the ball. With Andy in charge teams kept the safeties deep unless they were blitzing because they were scared of Desean. Teams can't do that now with Chip running the offense because he will take advantage.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.