Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Rams UDFA prospect weighs in at 6'10", 403 lbs
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
TGryn
http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2013...recommended_2_5
Though undrafted free agent Terrell Brown is a long shot to make the St. Louis Rams' roster, he's stirring up a lot of conversation. That's because he's one of the largest human beings to ever put on a football uniform. The Ole Miss product was listed at 6-10, 388 pounds before the 2013 draft, but Rams coach Jeff Fisher said the team weighed Brown at 403 this week after signing him.

I guess it was only a matter of time before we started seeing 400+ lb players. His "biggest" problem as an OT is probably going to be his height - as we saw with Dunlap, really tall guys often have problems bending and maintaining leverage (and he probably can't work inside, since he's too tall to get low faster than the guy he's trying to block). Unless he's a once-in-a-lifetime athlete, at 400 lbs he's also going to have lot of problems with speed rushers beating him to the edge. Hope he at least makes it to the preseason, though, it'd be something to look for late in the Rams' games.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (TGryn @ May 25 2013, 06:23 PM) *
http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2013...recommended_2_5

I guess it was only a matter of time before we started seeing 400+ lb players. His "biggest" problem as an OT is probably going to be his height - as we saw with Dunlap, really tall guys often have problems bending and maintaining leverage (and he probably can't work inside, since he's too tall to get low faster than the guy he's trying to block). Unless he's a once-in-a-lifetime athlete, at 400 lbs he's also going to have lot of problems with speed rushers beating him to the edge. Hope he at least makes it to the preseason, though, it'd be something to look for late in the Rams' games.

I saw a pic of him - he doesn't look remotely fat at all, in fact he strikes me as athletic.
Dreagon
Well, he doesn't look fat.
But on the other hand, he didn't play much in college. It will be interesting to see if he even makes the team.
JaxEagle
QUOTE (Dreagon @ May 25 2013, 09:43 PM) *
Well, he doesn't look fat.
But on the other hand, he didn't play much in college.

That probably tells you quite a bit if he didn't play much at Ole Miss. This might just be a PR signing or a high upside look see
Dreagon
QUOTE (JaxEagle @ May 25 2013, 10:45 PM) *
That probably tells you quite a bit if he didn't play much at Ole Miss. This might just be a PR signing or a high upside look see

I can only find one highlight of him on Youtube, and that's him sitting on a chair and breaking it.
iggleslover49
QUOTE (Dreagon @ May 26 2013, 12:40 AM) *
I can only find one highlight of him on Youtube, and that's him sitting on a chair and breaking it.

laugh.gif
Zero
(from Dreagon's link)
Despite his limited playing time, Brown still was the center of attention at Ole Miss' pro day. The massive Brown, who has 38-inch arms and a 92 3/8-inch wingspan, ran the 40 in 5.80 and 5.88 seconds, had a 5.65-second short shuttle and a 8.98-second three-cone drill. He also had a 23˝-inch vertical jump and 6-foot-9 broad jump and performed 22 lifts on the bench press.
He's played some OL and some DL and the Rams are putting him on the OL. Sounds like a long shot but he has some athleticism.
JaxEagle
QUOTE (Zero @ May 26 2013, 06:02 AM) *
(from Dreagon's link)
He's played some OL and some DL and the Rams are putting him on the OL. Sounds like a long shot but he has some athleticism.

22 doesn't seem too good on bench for a 400 pound person at the combine
samaroo
QUOTE (JaxEagle @ May 26 2013, 08:22 AM) *
22 doesn't seem too good on bench for a 400 pound person at the combine

Yes, but he's lifting that weight a long way. It's easier for a short guy.
TGryn
Experiment over:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/...ll-witherspoon/
Brown, who stands 6-foot-10 and weighed 403 pounds when he joined the Rams, won’t be making an impact for the team on either side of the ball this season, though. The Rams dropped Brown from the roster with a waived-injured designation, which Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports is due to an injury he had before signing with the team.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.