Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Healthier Eating
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
HOUSEoPAIN
Link.

We had 'Taco Tuesdays' and 'Fast Food Fridays' under Reid. No more of that. Hopefully now we'll also have 'Clock Management Sundays.'
make_it_rain
I like it.

I understand that players on the line are going to want to bulk up and add mass and all, and I am certainly no pro athlete, but I'm at the stage in my life where eating something like a Big Mac meal will easily put me out of commission for the rest of the day. I just feel bloated, groggy, and well...like shit.

Additionally, you can very easily add mass without eating that shit as well. Think lean beef, fish, chicken etc. It's insane how much diet affects everything in life, from your energy level, activity, etc. When I started cutting a lot of that crap (mostly) out of my diet a few years ago I noticed a dramatic change in my mood, energy levels, ability to think clearly, etc.

samaroo
Nice Linc. And the Linc off of that Linc was good, too.
Dreagon
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ May 14 2013, 09:43 AM) *
I like it.

I understand that players on the line are going to want to bulk up and add mass and all, and I am certainly no pro athlete, but I'm at the stage in my life where eating something like a Big Mac meal will easily put me out of commission for the rest of the day. I just feel bloated, groggy, and well...like shit.

Additionally, you can very easily add mass without eating that shit as well. Think lean beef, fish, chicken etc. It's insane how much diet affects everything in life, from your energy level, activity, etc. When I started cutting a lot of that crap (mostly) out of my diet a few years ago I noticed a dramatic change in my mood, energy levels, ability to think clearly, etc.

That sounds like gluten intolerance. You oughta read up on that.
D Rock
QUOTE (Dreagon @ May 15 2013, 04:56 AM) *
That sounds like gluten intolerance. You oughta read up on that.

LMAO...

No sir. That sounds like "Garbage Intolerance."

Anybody who's even partly in touch with their own digestive health feels that way after a Big Mac. You don't actually believe that shit's food do you?

Oh, Texas. -SMH-

blah.gif
samaroo
I'm pretty sure it doesn't count as food in Texas unless it's smoked, deep fried and/or covered in gravy! biggrin.gif
Dreagon
QUOTE (samaroo @ May 15 2013, 03:36 PM) *
I'm pretty sure it doesn't count as food in Texas unless it's smoked, deep fried and/or covered in gravy! biggrin.gif

lol! Well, not all at the same time! But yeah...you got the idea biggrin.gif
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ May 14 2013, 09:01 AM) *
Link.

We had 'Taco Tuesdays' and 'Fast Food Fridays' under Reid. No more of that. Hopefully now we'll also have 'Clock Management Sundays.'

I've recently gotten pretty into the nutrition/workout thing and think that it's huge. Frankly, it's pretty unimaginable that a professional sports organization wouldn't have an emphasis on it. Diet is 75-80% of the fitness equation.

With that said, the Chipper should practice what he preaches. He's far from fit.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ May 15 2013, 07:46 PM) *
I've recently gotten pretty into the nutrition/workout thing and think that it's huge. Frankly, it's pretty unimaginable that a professional sports organization wouldn't have an emphasis on it. Diet is 75-80% of the fitness equation.

With that said, the Chipper should practice what he preaches. He's far from fit.

Yeah there's nothing wrong with a reward from time to time, I found it pretty shocking there were 2 days during the week in preparation for a game that our guys were allowed to pig out like stoners. And no, I'm not knocking Andy, I just was surprised by it, I assumed we had some sort of mandatory diet/workout regimen.

I was at the game last night and had a cheesesteak and 2 hot dogs (20 bucks for that), so I'm not going to pass judgement on Chip. Maybe it's just his face and chin that have all the fat, he doesn't seem too fat in certain interviews.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ May 15 2013, 07:10 PM) *
And no, I'm not knocking Andy, I just was surprised by it, I assumed we had some sort of mandatory diet/workout regimen.

I completely hear you. Frankly, I wouldn't expect a football coach to be a nutritional guru...especially Andy. For the most part, those guys are generally old school. The whole "sports science" element of Chip is really intriguing to me.

I will say that I think our organization is one of the most forward thinking, which is why I'm most surprised that they weren't in on this for longer.

I just started doing the crossfit thing and there is absolutely a direct correlation between diet and performance every single day.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.