Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: These New Eagles Sound Right
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
I had some time, so I listened to all the multimedia interviews with the Eagles draft picks and a few Undrafted rookie free agents.

These guys all seem like they get it.

I don't ever remember that being the case in the past.

Every one of our picks; Johnson, Ertz, Logan, Barkley, Wolfe, Kruger, Poyer and King, as well as the RB from Stony Brook and the tall 6-7 WR, all come across real well.

We may just have some real likeable kids we can get behind. Doesn't appear we have any j/o head cases.
samaroo
That seems to be a big part of Chip's vetting process. I, for one, am glad for the (apparent) change.
GQSmooth
Barkley really is impressive when he speaks. You can't help but to like the kid and hope he is successful. He seems humble but he is confident. Foles has never come across as confident in the same manner.
JaxEagle
My guess is that Foles isn't as intelligent as Barkley when graded by IQ but I think Foles very well may be smart on the field.
JeeQ
The second we drafted Barkley it was over for Foles. It'll be..

1. Vick
2. Dixon
3. Barkley

With Foles being the odd man out
GQSmooth
QUOTE (JeeQ @ May 15 2013, 10:51 PM) *
The second we drafted Barkley it was over for Foles. It'll be..

1. Vick
2. Dixon
3. Barkley

With Foles being the odd man out

A lot of people think Barkley's drafting gave Foles more security. Foles has more value than Dixon to other teams.
nephillymike
QUOTE (GQSmooth @ May 16 2013, 10:39 AM) *
A lot of people think Barkley's drafting gave Foles more security. Foles has more value than Dixon to other teams.

The fact that the Eagles didn't draft a QB till the 4th round means they weren't loking for one. Picking Barkley in the 4th was b/c he was just too valuable doesn't mean they think anything less of Foles. If they were unhappy with Foles, they would have gotten a QB earlier in the draft. There was no reason to believe that Barkley would be there in the 4th.
samaroo
I second that. I think Dixon is the one to get the boot on this roster.
iggleslover49
From what I understand Dixon looks the most comfortable running the offense and Kelly is probably the most comfortable with him seeing as he's already coached him and had success with him. With that being said he's in his prime years and could very well beat out Foles.
Zero
QUOTE (iggleslover49 @ May 16 2013, 10:49 PM) *
From what I understand Dixon looks the most comfortable running the offense and Kelly is probably the most comfortable with him seeing as he's already coached him and had success with him. With that being said he's in his prime years and could very well beat out Foles.

Dixon better look better than the other guys at this stage, he's got the Chiperience.
iggleslover49
QUOTE (Zero @ May 17 2013, 08:23 AM) *
Dixon better look better than the other guys at this stage, he's got the Chiperience.

By saying this, are you implying that we are indeed running the Oregon offense?
Zero
QUOTE (iggleslover49 @ May 18 2013, 02:42 AM) *
By saying this, are you implying that we are indeed running the Oregon offense?

No, only that Dixon knows what the coach expects and how to give it to him.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.