Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who Will Win The Eagles Starting QB Job?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
It's a two part question:

First part is who will win the job to start the opener.

Second part is who will start the most games this year, which takes into account in season performance replacements and in season injury replacements.

Not who you want to win the job or start the most games but who WILL.

Third Question is who do you WANT to be the starter.
BirdsWinBaby
1) Vick - gotta justify resigning him and giving him anything more than the walmart coupons he would have gotten from the rest of the league that didnt want him

2)Vick - see above

3) i voted for who wins the job. in truth, i dont think its an open competition because Vick will 'win'(lol) the job. personally i wanted to take option 4 (anybody on the roster but Vick)
HOUSEoPAIN
Vick. He's got the advantage.

Vick. We'll actually utilize our running back, taking heat and pressure off of Vick, preventing him from getting killed in week 3.

Whoever. I have no loyalty towards Vick, and whoever Chip wants is cool with me.
nephillymike
QUOTE (BirdsWinBaby @ May 12 2013, 09:23 AM) *
1) Vick - gotta justify resigning him and giving him anything more than the walmart coupons he would have gotten from the rest of the league that didnt want him

2)Vick - see above

3) i voted for who wins the job. in truth, i dont think its an open competition because Vick will 'win'(lol) the job. personally i wanted to take option 4 (anybody on the roster but Vick)

From what I can gather, the way Vick's contract is restructured, the Eagles will actually pick up cap space of approx. 4.5M if cut. So on one hand, while he is the highest paid of the three QB's by far and you would like to justify the money we spent on him, on the other hand, that contract we gave him is sunk costs and if we decide to cut him, our cap situation improves by 4.5M. So I don't think the contract plays as big a part as many think.

http://www.overthecap.com/cap.php?Name=Michael Vick&Position=QB&Team=Eagles
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ May 12 2013, 10:58 AM) *
From what I can gather, the way Vick's contract is restructured, the Eagles will actually pick up cap space of approx. 4.5M if cut. So on one hand, while he is the highest paid of the three QB's by far and you would like to justify the money we spent on him, on the other hand, that contract we gave him is sunk costs and if we decide to cut him, our cap situation improves by 4.5M. So I don't think the contract plays as big a part as many think.

agreed.......and most importantly...Vick was an insurance policy/bandaid. They had no clue that they would get a shot at Barkley. He ran his own show at USC and has been a starter every where he has been.....I don't see that changing because Kelly lives for guys like him.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ May 12 2013, 12:25 PM) *
agreed.......and most importantly...Vick was an insurance policy/bandaid. They had no clue that they would get a shot at Barkley. He ran his own show at USC and has been a starter every where he has been.....I don't see that changing because Kelly lives for guys like him.

Am I correct in the assumption that you voted for Barkley on each of the three questions??
Eyrie
1 - Foles, because Kelly needs to get his offense established and it gives Barkley time to adjust to the pro game.

2 - Foles, as above.

3 - Kelly knows a lot more about the QBs than I do, so I'll defer to him even if that means Vick is the starter.
Zero
Vick - Just a hunch
Foles - Just an injury, turnover hunch
Kelly makes the call and I hope it's someone with a future and not a pension
samaroo
I voted Foles for the first two, because i believe he'll win out over the course of camp. I think and hope our Vick time is over. We need to find our future. Barkley just might be it, but I'm old school and think QB's need time to acclimate. Plus, the only rookie QB's that start and do well (that i can think of) have mobility, which Barkley does not. I'm excited to see him and Foles both this off- season.

And as stated above, in Chip i trust, so whoever he goes with, I'll assume is the best pick.

Is this the most exciting off-season in franchise histor?
iggleslover49
1. Vick has the most polished physical intangibles IMO. And his presence still makes defenses hesitate enough to help the RBs and RBs will help him as well.

2.Vick same as 1.

3. I voted Dixon. I like Barkely too, but I actually like Dixon quite a bit. And if he's givin a fair shot to compete, he can open some eyes.
BirdsWinBaby
QUOTE (nephillymike @ May 12 2013, 10:58 AM) *

im a tad more hopeful then....hafta wait and see i guess
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.