Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jimmy Rollins Take a Seat
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
You'll get plenty of rest on the bench.

We need a guy who will hustle home from second on a double to avoid the disallowance of a run if the hitter is thrown out at 2nd.

Hey Galvis, can you hustle from 2nd?

OK kid, you're in.

J Roll over there smiling as if he did nothing wrong. He was very lucky it didn't cost us.

His doggin annoys the living shit out of me!!
Zero
Always has annoyed me. mad.gif
JaxEagle
It does annoy me too and that is coming from someone who considers Rollins one of my favorite all-time Phillies. The failure of hustling at all times thing doesn't outweigh all of his positives but it certainly is annoying because it doesn't take skill to hustle!

That said, I can find a bunch of other annoying traits of the current group of Phillies too. Hey Chase Utley, can you please pay attention to how many outs there are while on the basepaths? I have seen him lose track of it three times this season.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (nephillymike @ May 8 2013, 12:26 AM) *
You'll get plenty of rest on the bench.

You're required to bust your ass 3 or 4 times a game, at most - in Rollins's case, since he's been doing nothing but popping up, 1 or 2 times a game. And he makes millions a year - he should be fined $50,000 every time he slows up one bit.
mcnabbulous
I guess I see this different than everyone else. I didn't see the play in question, but I'm quite alright with Jimmy dogging it from time to time. He's no spring chicken and 162 games is a marathon.

Frankly, I wish Chase would have saved himself a few times earlier in his career. It may have made the past few seasons a bit more easy on the knees.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.