Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Very High Praise For the Eagles From Baldi
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
I was listening to 97.5 in the early afternoon when Baldiwas on.

He was talking about the Eagles with the cohost and had some very interesting things to say:

1. The players have all bought in to Kelly's system. There is a voluntary thing going on with the team and every player is there this week.

2. The energy in the Novacare is unbelievable. Everyone is stoked.

Then he made three very interesting statements

1. The Eagles WILL be top three in the NFL in rushing yards per game and they will not come from the QB. Pick McCoy early in your fantasy. (Will I have to get a new rallying cry this year?? Can I collect unemployment??)

2. It does not matter who plays QB. In this system, the QB's will be a success.

3. And, last but not least. The Eagles will win the NFC East.

This from one of the moste respected football analysts in the country.

Feeling better every day.
Zero
I like Baldy but he's occasionally victim to hyperbole. This from OptiMystic? ohmy.gif

That said, I think the key for this team will be defense, they need to be able to stop the other teams. We've discussed it here before, and I think that QBs in the read option offense will begin getting hit with frequency and attitude. Offense will drift back to keeping the QB protected. The up-tempo attack will eventually be countered and the difference will be as it always has been: talent and coaching. This is what we've got to learn about this version of the Eagles.
JaxEagle
I like all the positive energy surrounding our offense but let's not forget that the primary reason, in my opinion, that we were 4-12 last season is that our defense was horrid.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (JaxEagle @ May 5 2013, 08:12 PM) *
I like all the positive energy surrounding our offense but let's not forget that the primary reason, in my opinion, that we were 4-12 last season is that our defense was horrid.

on the bright side our D can't be worse this year......I hope
samaroo
Didn't we all say that two years ago?
Reality Fan
QUOTE (samaroo @ May 5 2013, 09:48 PM) *
Didn't we all say that two years ago?

valid point
D Rock
QUOTE (JaxEagle @ May 6 2013, 01:12 AM) *

The defense struggled and often sucked to be sure.

But . . .

The offense put up more than 20 in only 6 games. With all the "fire power" we're supposed to have . . . That's ridiculous.
Dreagon
It wouldn't take a huge improvement to get right back in the running for the NFC East. Right now the Giants and Cowboys are struggling with mediocrity, and the Redskins won on the back of a kid who blew his knee out at the end of last season. As far as I can tell, it's anybody's division right now.
Eyrie
QUOTE (D Rock @ May 6 2013, 06:09 AM) *
The defense struggled and often sucked to be sure.

But . . .

The offense put up more than 20 in only 6 games. With all the "fire power" we're supposed to have . . . That's ridiculous.

Three simple reasons why the 2013 offense will be better than the 2012 version - a healthy OL, no Vick and no supergenius playcalling.

Zero
QUOTE (Eyrie @ May 6 2013, 05:58 AM) *
Three simple reasons why the 2013 offense will be better than the 2012 version - a healthy OL, no Vick and no supergenius playcalling.

No Vick? Are you sure?
Eyrie
QUOTE (Zero @ May 6 2013, 11:24 AM) *
No Vick? Are you sure?

Well, in the starting line up. I can't see Vick being worth much in a trade so he'll be here as Foles' back up until Barkley is ready.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.