Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kelly, Oregon to NFL
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
This is a pretty accurate view of where I came from and how I'm feeling at this point. I was afraid that Kelly was another gimick coach who would embarrass the team, the city and the fans with NFL idiocy. But ...
... itís now evident that Kelly understood all along that he needs to make some very significant adjustments in the NFL to what he did in college. He knows what he did at Oregon wonít work here, and he understands the NFL game -- the schemes, the personnel, the history -- far better than I imagined.

When you get past the rap music blasting during practice and the custom smoothies for each player in the hallway and the 12 hours of sleep the players are supposed to get (yeah, sure) and all the other quirks, the reality is that Kelly really does believe that football games are won at the line of scrimmage, and theyíre won with blocking and tackling and a focus on the fundamentals, and theyíre won with big, tough, mean football players.

And thatís not trickery. Thatís not gadgetry. Itís exactly the mentality this team needs to get back to.
Bocadelphia Eagles John
how about that ?

Big, tough, mean football players, huh ? In the trenches.

No thick notebook needed to figure that out, henna ?

Refreshing seems like a pussy kind of word to use here, but darn it all, it's refreshing the stuff I keep hearing and reading and thinking about this guy and his leadership.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EAGLES !!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.