Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Matt Barkley Will Be??
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Interested in Expectations
iggleslover49
Will be a back up until proven otherwise
Zero
Rosy says he'll be another Montana but after a lengthy debate lowers expectations to very good and a couple of pro bowls and ... laugh.gif
JaxEagle
No clue but I'll be pulling for him along with Foles and even Vick. I'll be pulling for whoever Kelly puts in the game.
mcnabbulous
I went with "Very Good QB." I think he'll be our starter year 2 and quite possibly earlier depending on how things go. I literally can't think of one quality that I think Foles has an advantage, other than size.
Bocadelphia Eagles John
speculating is futile.

He'll compete for a spot and that's all I know or care about. I don't care who wins the job this next year ahead. If Vick, fine, if Foles, fine, if someone else, fine.

Just win. And make me happier than I've been for a while. I want my old Eagles back. The ones who made it easy for me to wear my gear with pride. The ones who kicked ass. The ones who were feared by other teams. The ones who topped the division and beat the living crap out of others. The ones who made watching the games exciting.

And then, I want to hear post game conferences where the coach stands up and speaks some sense to us.
make_it_rain

I'm aware that this response adds very little to the discussion, I just honestly have no clue when it comes to things like this.

The smirk on the dog in the picture captures my attitude on the Barkley affair. He could be a career backup, he could turn out to be great. The important thing is we got him, at a great price, so if he doesn't pan out, who cares?

all about the upside, baby.
JaxEagle
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 30 2013, 10:15 PM) *
I went with "Very Good QB." I think he'll be our starter year 2 and quite possibly earlier depending on how things go. I literally can't think of one quality that I think Foles has an advantage, other than size.

Arm strength for sure and most would say competitiveness. You can't underestimate competitiveness at the Qb position.
samaroo
Is this supposed to be our prediction or our expectation?
TGryn
Shows enough potential to get everyone excited, but accumulating injuries prevent him from ever becoming a regular starter.
nephillymike
QUOTE (samaroo @ May 1 2013, 06:55 PM) *
Is this supposed to be our prediction or our expectation?

I would say prediction, although I'm not sure what the difference would be.
samaroo
Okay, I voted for starter as my prediction, which is higher than what I would say is my expectation. Which sounds stupid after I type it, but makes sense in my head.
Dreagon
I've been hearing that his skill set is similar to Aikman. If that is the case, then what you have is a QB who will succeed and fail on your offensive lines ability to maintain a pocket. Those types of QB's are deadly due to their ability to read a defense and put the ball where the defenders aren't. But they have to have that pocket.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Dreagon @ May 3 2013, 08:24 AM) *
I've been hearing that his skill set is similar to Aikman. If that is the case, then what you have is a QB who will succeed and fail on your offensive lines ability to maintain a pocket. Those types of QB's are deadly due to their ability to read a defense and put the ball where the defenders aren't. But they have to have that pocket.

I would agree for the most part, but the game is much different now compared to when Aikman played. I think he would absolutely torch teams these days with his accuracy.

The fact that corners can no longer manhandle WR's means that there is less pressure on the OL. Aikman would be deadly with the new rules.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.