Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm a dartboard with this
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
So send them darts flying.

I'm hyped about Barkley. I've gone 180 degrees from NO! I've read a bunch of opinions (not all good), insight and scouting reports on the guy. I've seen him compared to Aikman and to Brees. From what I'm reading he reminds me some of the third round pick in 1979 by the 49ers.

I'm not saying Barkley will be another Montana, but Joe was a slight, noodle armed passer from a school that isn't known for developing NFL QBs. He was smart, accurate and he was a leader. Bill Walsh devised a game changing offense around his talents. He looked at what Montana could do well instead of what he couldn't do.

Hey, this could be me and my rose glasses but there could be something good happening here. Walsh was an offensive improvisor who used a "lesser talent" at QB to do great things. Kelly, at this early stage is considered to be changing the way to think about offense - improvising. He just drafted a QB who loosely fits the same description of the guy Walsh drafted.
D Rock
QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 30 2013, 01:47 AM) *
So send them darts flying.

I'm hyped about Barkley. I've gone 180 degrees from NO! I've read a bunch of opinions (not all good), insight and scouting reports on the guy. I've seen him compared to Aikman and to Brees. From what I'm reading he reminds me some of the third round pick in 1979 by the 49ers.

I'm not saying Barkley will be another Montana, but Joe was a slight, noodle armed passer from a school that isn't known for developing NFL QBs. He was smart, accurate and he was a leader. Bill Walsh devised a game changing offense around his talents. He looked at what Montana could do well instead of what he couldn't do.

Hey, this could be me and my rose glasses but there could be something good happening here. Walsh was an offensive improvisor who used a "lesser talent" at QB to do great things. Kelly, at this early stage is considered to be changing the way to think about offense - improvising. He just drafted a QB who loosely fits the same description of the guy Walsh drafted.

bowdown.gif
Bocadelphia Eagles John
I'm intrigued altogether about the Eagles. I really like our first pick, I like the big beef from LSU, I really like the sound of our TE, and Barkley is as intriguing as any of them. Plus, I'm intrigued by some of our FA moves both before and right after draft day.

My concerns are in the secondary, I'm left scratching my head bald about that area. And I'm wondering how special teams might look too. But as for the rest, there is so much new and different to look forward to. I'm stocking up on pizza and beer. And settling in with renewed enthusiasm. It's terrific to have the buzz back.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EAGLES !!!!!
samaroo
I'm gonna say that after this draft, one of many least concerns will be special teams. SP is all about versatility and overall athleticism, which is damn sure what we got with this crop.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.