Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "Repetitive accuracy is the No. 1 quality we're looking for in a quarterback."
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Pages: 1, 2
Zero
Link ...

Michael Vick can be a very good passer. I'm not sure his propensity for turnovers will endear him to the coaches but he is capable of throwing nice, accurate passes. Foles also seems to throw an accurate ball although he doesn't have the arm strength that Vick does. Apparently Barkley is very accurate but also doesn't have a rocket arm.

I'm sorry, but this reminds me of Joe Montana and even Brady who I think worked hard on his arm strength after being drafted: accurate without the cannon. (I'm discounting Vick solely because of age. Even if he stops fumbling and earns the starter spot he's going to be gone in a couple of years.) Will this read option craze live long in the NFL? I would guess that defenses will learn how to control it, and then the QB will need to rely on accuracy and timing.

I think the Eagles may be set at QB for next few years.
mcnabbulous
The guy Barkley most reminds me of is Aikman.
nephillymike
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 28 2013, 07:49 AM) *
The guy Barkley most reminds me of is Aikman.

Yes. In style and release.
iggleslover49
The only knock I have on Vick as a passer is he doesn't put touch on the ball often enough. I like the velocity in his throws, but sometimes those can be hard to catch and that touch is needed.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (iggleslover49 @ Apr 28 2013, 08:55 AM) *
The only knock I have on Vick as a passer is he doesn't put touch on the ball often enough. I like the velocity in his throws, but sometimes those can be hard to catch and that touch is needed.

You have low standards
iggleslover49
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 28 2013, 09:58 AM) *
You have low standards

Lol how so might I ask? I think my standards are just as high as the next man.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (iggleslover49 @ Apr 28 2013, 09:02 AM) *
Lol how so might I ask? I think my standards are just as high as the next man.

Just busting nugs, but Vick is highly flawed as a passer. And it starts before the snap.
iggleslover49
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 28 2013, 10:07 AM) *
Just busting nugs, but Vick is highly flawed as a passer. And it starts before the snap.

Well I never questioned this. But my thing is let's see what Kelly teaches him. Andy did Vick no favors last season. Kelly knows how to simplify this thing. Based upon matchups alone.
JaxEagle
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 28 2013, 09:44 AM) *
Yes. In style and release.

Yes, Aikman was about as textbook perfect throwing the ball as you can get. And Barkley is too. Although that similarity doesn't mean Barkley = Aikman!
D Rock
QUOTE (iggleslover49 @ Apr 28 2013, 03:11 PM) *
Well I never questioned this. But my thing is let's see what Kelly teaches him. Andy did Vick no favors last season. Kelly knows how to simplify this thing. Based upon matchups alone.

Old dog ain't learnin nuthin new from here on out. 33 year old quarterbacks rarely get any better than the 28 year old version of themselves.

I can't think of a single example save maybe Jim plunket.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Apr 28 2013, 10:41 AM) *
Old dog ain't learnin nuthin new from here on out. 33 year old quarterbacks rarely get any better than the 28 year old version of themselves.

I can't think of a single example save maybe Jim plunket.

Gannon would be another, but Vick will not be a third.
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 28 2013, 05:09 PM) *
Gannon would be another, but Vick will not be a third.

Great example, but yeah . . . an outlier.
iggleslover49
QUOTE (D Rock @ Apr 28 2013, 11:41 AM) *

We'll see. People were saying the same thing when picked him up fresh outta jail. Then he lit it up in 2010... Now people realize that he IS able to stay in the pocket and deliver. Which at the time WAS a new trick. Just when people say he can't do this or he can't do that he comes out and proves doubters wrong.
iggleslover49
And I am by no means defending Vick. This is a wide open competition, but I ain't counting him out das for sure. He still has the most polished footwork, on the roster, still the strongest arm and still the most athletic. And still listed as the starter AFTER Chip's first camp.
Eyrie
QUOTE (iggleslover49 @ Apr 28 2013, 07:32 PM) *
We'll see. People were saying the same thing when picked him up fresh outta jail. Then he lit it up in 2010... Now people realize that he IS able to stay in the pocket and deliver. Which at the time WAS a new trick. Just when people say he can't do this or he can't do that he comes out and proves doubters wrong.

Other than a brief patch when he first took over as our starter (and even that was whilst defences were adjusting to him), the only thing Vick has consistently delivered is turnovers.

He's about as repetitively accurate as a drunk trying to urinate into a force ten gale.
iggleslover49
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Apr 28 2013, 02:38 PM) *
Other than a brief patch when he first took over as our starter (and even that was whilst defences were adjusting to him), the only thing Vick has consistently delivered is turnovers.

He's about as repetitively accurate as a drunk trying to urinate into a force ten gale.

I guess Barkley will be the starter then. Cause Foles has delivered turnovers too. Both in the way of fumbles and ints
Eyrie
QUOTE (iggleslover49 @ Apr 28 2013, 07:40 PM) *
I guess Barkley will be the starter then. Cause Foles has delivered turnovers too. Both in the way of fumbles and ints

Whichever of them starts will have to earn it. But I cut Foles some slack for being a rookie playing behind a patchwork line, which an experienced QB like Vick should do a better job of compensating for.
iggleslover49
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Apr 28 2013, 02:43 PM) *
Whichever of them starts will have to earn it. But I cut Foles some slack for being a rookie playing behind a patchwork line, which an experienced QB like Vick should do a better job of compensating for.

I agree they'll earn it. But I cut Vick some slack for working behind a patchwork oline that Foles practiced with ALL offseason. And have plays designed with NO check downs. Not to mention not as much help from the running game as Foles had. The overall play calling was tuned to help Foles out more so than Vick.
D Rock
Vick sucks Nards.
iggleslover49
QUOTE (D Rock @ Apr 28 2013, 02:48 PM) *
Vick sucks Nards.

So does Foles.
D Rock
QUOTE (iggleslover49 @ Apr 28 2013, 07:49 PM) *
So does Foles.

Vick sucks more.
iggleslover49
QUOTE (D Rock @ Apr 28 2013, 02:49 PM) *
Vick sucks more.

Vicks accomplished more though. And with less talent around him. Repeatedly.
D Rock
QUOTE (iggleslover49 @ Apr 28 2013, 07:50 PM) *
Vicks accomplished more though.

Well he's had a bit more of chance hasn't he?

Considering his age, he's accomplished scant little to warrant any praise.
iggleslover49
QUOTE (D Rock @ Apr 28 2013, 02:52 PM) *
Well he's had a bit more of chance hasn't he?

Considering his age, he's accomplished scant little to warrant any praise.

Vicks played in championship games in college, and the pros. And has single handedly won games. Foles has NEVER even come close to that.
iggleslover49
Vick is decorated like a Christmas tree. Foles is just a tree.
D Rock
QUOTE (iggleslover49 @ Apr 28 2013, 07:57 PM) *
Vick is decorated like a Christmas tree. Foles is just a tree.

By morons and half wits.

Vick hasn't done shit in the NFL. Certainly nothing remotely worthy of his draft status.

Vick was no college champ. What r u smoking?

Even if he were, it wouldn't mean squat.

He's a career under achiever and simply a shit quarterback. Those still blinded by the once special athleticism, are lying to themselves or stupid.
nephillymike
QUOTE (iggleslover49 @ Apr 28 2013, 01:54 PM) *
Vicks played in championship games in college, and the pros. And has single handedly won games. Foles has NEVER even come close to that.

Foles is the only rookie QB who has averaged more than 240 passing yards per game while completing over 60% of his passes. There are like three rookies who had over 240 yds, and five or so who had a 60% completion rate but not one ever who had both.

At the very least, he deserves not to get ripped and deserves a fair shot to get the starters job.

That being said, I am curious as to how Vick will do with better coaching and a more balanced game plan.

Open competition, let the best man win. Throw the rookie in the competition too.
D Rock
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 28 2013, 08:27 PM) *
Open competition, let the best man win. Throw the rookie in the competition too.

Or best quarterback. Vick is likely the "Trent Edwards" of the "best man" competition.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 28 2013, 02:27 PM) *
Foles is the only rookie QB who has averaged more than 240 passing yards per game while completing over 60% of his passes. There are like three rookies who had over 240 yds, and five or so who had a 60% completion rate but not one ever who had both.

At the very least, he deserves not to get ripped and deserves a fair shot to get the starters job.

That being said, I am curious as to how Vick will do with better coaching and a more balanced game plan.

Barkley is the best QB on our roster and it will be apparent quickly. Foles has good size and decent pocket awareness, but his accuracy is just above average, his arm strength is surprisingly unimpressive, and his throwing motion is long and slow.
Barkley will prove to be a quicker decision maker and more accurate. Foles is a career backup.

iggleslover49
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 28 2013, 03:27 PM) *

I couldn't agree with you more. But Vick has already proven himself, time and time again. And as you feel Foles doesn't deserve to get ripped, I feel Vick doesn't deserve it either. Guys talk like Vick is a bust, absolute garbage. But if you ask players, GMs, coaches, football guys that really do this for a living. I'm sure they'll vouch for Vick, all day cause he's done it. From MVP candidate, FIRST TEAM ALL-PRO HONORS, multiple appearances in the playoffs.Foles ain't done NOTHING yet. Those numbers you just listed is a small sample size. Obviously, the less amount of times the ball is thrown, the higher the completion percentage will be. Das why numbers are deceiving.

With that being said, I look forward to this QB competition as well. Not just between Vick and Foles, but all the QBs on the roster. It'll make em' all better. May the best man win.
iggleslover49
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 28 2013, 03:32 PM) *
Foles has good size and decent pocket awareness, but his accuracy is just above average, his arm strength is surprisingly unimpressive, and his throwing motion is long and slow.
Barkley will prove to be a quicker decision maker and more accurate. Foles is a career backup.

You hit the nail on the head. jumpclap.gif
iggleslover49
And when it's all said and done both guys will be the future of the franchise. Foles will probably be the backup.
nephillymike
QUOTE (iggleslover49 @ Apr 28 2013, 02:40 PM) *
I couldn't agree with you more. But Vick has already proven himself, time and time again. And as you feel Foles doesn't deserve to get ripped, I feel Vick doesn't deserve it either. Guys talk like Vick is a bust, absolute garbage. But if you ask players, GMs, coaches, football guys that really do this for a living. I'm sure they'll vouch for Vick, all day cause he's done it. From MVP candidate, FIRST TEAM ALL-PRO HONORS, multiple appearances in the playoffs.Foles ain't done NOTHING yet. Those numbers you just listed is a small sample size. Obviously, the less amount of times the ball is thrown, the higher the completion percentage will be. Das why numbers are deceiving.

With that being said, I look forward to this QB competition as well. Not just between Vick and Foles, but all the QBs on the roster. It'll make em' all better. May the best man win.

Mike Vick was the most overated, overhyped Qb I ever seen in the NFL prior to coming here.

His play for about 7 games in 2010 was the finest QB play I have ever seen from an Eagles QB.

He went rogue and decided not to listen to the coach and threw the season ending INT vs. GB in the playoffs.

That all being said,

I watched a rookie Nick Foles, play slightly better than Vick last year with fewer weapons than Vick had while he was in there. I saw the rookie take care of the ball better and make quicker decisions than the veteran. I saw his head coach make excuses of why he wanted to keep Foles as the starter after Vick was OK. I saw Vick suck in the last game last year. They played on the same team with the same idiotic inbalance of play calling with the same decimated line and all those genius empty backfields.

He deserves absolutely nothing other than a fair shot at the starters job, ties lose.

Let the competition begin. If Kelly is the coach I think he is, he'll bring out the best in Vick, and Vick will be the starter. If Vick still thinks he knows it all, there's the door and good luck trying to find another team to sign your stubborn ass.
D Rock
QUOTE (iggleslover49 @ Apr 28 2013, 08:40 PM) *
Vick has already proven himself, time and time again.

He's proven he's a shit quarterback. Unless of course you like seeing turnover after turnover before he gets hurt.

Again, what has Vick accomplished in his 10 year career beyond a felonious conviction? A single playoff win? Maybe 2?

As an iggle what's he accomplished? Record setting turnover pace notwithstanding. 1 great win vs the vagiants?

Neat.

Figure it out, man. Dude sux.
iggleslover49
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 28 2013, 04:00 PM) *
Mike Vick was the most overated, overhyped Qb I ever seen in the NFL prior to coming here.

His play for about 7 games in 2010 was the finest QB play I have ever seen from an Eagles QB.

He went rogue and decided not to listen to the coach and threw the season ending INT vs. GB in the playoffs.

That all being said,

I watched a rookie Nick Foles, play slightly better than Vick last year with fewer weapons than Vick had while he was in there. I saw the rookie take care of the ball better and make quicker decisions than the veteran. I saw his head coach make excuses of why he wanted to keep Foles as the starter after Vick was OK. I saw Vick suck in the last game last year. They played on the same team with the same idiotic inbalance of play calling with the same decimated line and all those genius empty backfields.

He deserves absolutely nothing other than a fair shot at the starters job, ties lose.

Let the competition begin. If Kelly is the coach I think he is, he'll bring out the best in Vick, and Vick will be the starter. If Vick still thinks he knows it all, there's the door and good luck trying to find another team to sign your stubborn ass.

Foles had Bryce Brown carrying the load for him last year and more check down options than Vick had by far. Ried played much more aggressively with calling for the big play when Vick was in there more times than Foles. Not that Foles didn't get those plays called, but not as often. Ried very simply did what he should have done with a rookie. Call a more balanced game.

I'll give you the quicker decision making on Foles part. When those blitzes came through free up the middle Foles would immediately throw the ball to the dirt, where Vick would do the dumb thing and stand in the pocket and take the hit or try to do too much and throw the pick. But a lot of the picks weren't on Vick, they balls that the receiver should have caught but bounced off the hands and into the defenses hands. Foles, same problem. Vick fumbled. Foles despite having those monster hands, had some really clumsy fumbles too. The whole offense was terrible. Atleast Foles had the opportunity though to practice with the guys that were in there(the backups). And you can't play that off like it doesn't matter. Foles had been throwing to Riley all offseason. And had been play snaps with that same oline all offseason long. Vick didn't have the same continuity and that DOES matter.

Chip knows this. Das why despite what the media and guys listening to the media thought, he stuck around. Like I knew he would.
Eyrie
QUOTE (iggleslover49 @ Apr 28 2013, 09:24 PM) *
Foles had Bryce Brown carrying the load for him last year and more check down options than Vick had by far. Ried played much more aggressively with calling for the big play when Vick was in there more times than Foles. Not that Foles didn't get those plays called, but not as often. Ried very simply did what he should have done with a rookie. Call a more balanced game.

I'll give you the quicker decision making on Foles part. When those blitzes came through free up the middle Foles would immediately throw the ball to the dirt, where Vick would do the dumb thing and stand in the pocket and take the hit or try to do too much and throw the pick. But a lot of the picks weren't on Vick, they balls that the receiver should have caught but bounced off the hands and into the defenses hands. Foles, same problem. Vick fumbled. Foles despite having those monster hands, had some really clumsy fumbles too. The whole offense was terrible. Atleast Foles had the opportunity though to practice with the guys that were in there(the backups). And you can't play that off like it doesn't matter. Foles had been throwing to Riley all offseason. And had been play snaps with that same oline all offseason long. Vick didn't have the same continuity and that DOES matter.

Chip knows this. Das why despite what the media and guys listening to the media thought, he stuck around. Like I knew he would.

You do realise that Vick wore #7 last year? Because you're talking about someone completely different to the QB that I and many others endured until Foles replaced him.

As regards Brown helping Foles, Vick had McCoy and I know which RB I'd rather have.
Zero
QUOTE (iggleslover49 @ Apr 28 2013, 02:37 PM) *
And still listed as the starter AFTER Chip's first camp.

But not by Chip who says it's open competition.
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 28 2013, 03:27 PM) *
I am curious as to how Vick will do with better coaching and a more balanced game plan.

It's curious that Reid is considered a QB whisperer.
iggleslover49
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Apr 28 2013, 06:18 PM) *
You do realise that Vick wore #7 last year? Because you're talking about someone completely different to the QB that I and many others endured until Foles replaced him.

As regards Brown helping Foles, Vick had McCoy and I know which RB I'd rather have.

Ohh lord... I guess I have to break it down further to you since you obviously can't comprehend what I'm saying.

I was there with every looking at how bad Vick sucked weeks 1-4. I think he had like 8 turnovers or something ridiculous like that. When Vick was playing McCoy was playing too, with Vick, but McCoy averaged less carries with Vick/McCoy in the game because again, Ried ran a less balanced attack. It was still pass heavy. Eventually Vick was concussed and then McCoy was concussed and we started really unfolding. When Vick was concussed and McCoy was concussed. Foles and Brown took over to replace them. Brown averaged more carries with Foles in the game because a) was starting his first career games cool.gif brown was playing lights out football. Again, the offense rode brown because of this. I think brown's first start was something like 178yards and two Tds. His second game, against Dallas he had another 100+ yards on them, again we rode his back. We rode Brown's back until defenses finally started to realize we were no longer passing the ball and started hitting him for losses. For weeks, Foles and the offense rode brown.

Vick then came back and so did McCoy, instead of letting McCoy get the same amount of touches brown was getting with Foles, Ried went back to trying to play more aggressive and passing the ball downfield. This was around the time Vick called for players only meeting. Vick then went out and despite pressure being in his face all night, DID make quick reads and was getting rid of the ball extremely quickly. Ried was calling such a bogus game that receivers didn't even have time to run their deep routes before Vick was pulling the trigger.(opposite of the run/short passing game Foles got)

The thing to note as much as people say Vick was a turnover machine. Vick's int and fumble numbers drastically decreased torward the end of the year after he came back from the concussion. He then finished the season with losses, which was nothing different to what Foles was doing. Foles played in 7 games and fumbled the ball 8 times.Vick played in 10 games and fumbled the ball 11 times. So people who claim Vick is more turnover prone than Foles, are off base. Vick didn't play double the games Foles did, but got double the TDs, but double the Ints too though. But as I noted earlier a lot of Vicks turnovers came weeks 1-4. When he came back after injury turnovers really weren't an issue. As for QB rating Foles was 79.1, while Vick's was was 78.1, but keep in mind because Foles played less games, it's easier for him to have a higher QB rating.

When it comes down to it. Vick sucked, but so did Foles. Foles was only slightly better as a passer, Vick was marginally better as a runner. Both of them turned the ball over. And if you look at it, had Foles played as much games as Vick, he would have fumbled the ball MORE than Vick, if you go by the numbers.
nephillymike
QUOTE (iggleslover49 @ Apr 28 2013, 06:26 PM) *
Ohh lord... I guess I have to break it down further to you since you obviously can't comprehend what I'm saying.

I was there with every looking at how bad Vick sucked weeks 1-4. I think he had like 8 turnovers or something ridiculous like that. When Vick was playing McCoy was playing too, with Vick, but McCoy averaged less carries with Vick/McCoy in the game because again, Ried ran a less balanced attack. It was still pass heavy. Eventually Vick was concussed and then McCoy was concussed and we started really unfolding. When Vick was concussed and McCoy was concussed. Foles and Brown took over to replace them. Brown averaged more carries with Foles in the game because a) was starting his first career games cool.gif brown was playing lights out football. Again, the offense rode brown because of this. I think brown's first start was something like 178yards and two Tds. His second game, against Dallas he had another 100+ yards on them, again we rode his back. We rode Brown's back until defenses finally started to realize we were no longer passing the ball and started hitting him for losses. For weeks, Foles and the offense rode brown.

Vick then came back and so did McCoy, instead of letting McCoy get the same amount of touches brown was getting with Foles, Ried went back to trying to play more aggressive and passing the ball downfield. This was around the time Vick called for players only meeting. Vick then went out and despite pressure being in his face all night, DID make quick reads and was getting rid of the ball extremely quickly. Ried was calling such a bogus game that receivers didn't even have time to run their deep routes before Vick was pulling the trigger.(opposite of the run/short passing game Foles got)

The thing to note as much as people say Vick was a turnover machine. Vick's int and fumble numbers drastically decreased torward the end of the year after he came back from the concussion. He then finished the season with losses, which was nothing different to what Foles was doing. Foles played in 7 games and fumbled the ball 8 times.Vick played in 10 games and fumbled the ball 11 times. So people who claim Vick is more turnover prone than Foles, are off base. Vick didn't play double the games Foles did, but got double the TDs, but double the Ints too though. But as I noted earlier a lot of Vicks turnovers came weeks 1-4. When he came back after injury turnovers really weren't an issue. As for QB rating Foles was 79.1, while Vick's was was 78.1, but keep in mind because Foles played less games, it's easier for him to have a higher QB rating.

When it comes down to it. Vick sucked, but so did Foles. Foles was only slightly better as a passer, Vick was marginally better as a runner. Both of them turned the ball over. And if you look at it, had Foles played as much games as Vick, he would have fumbled the ball MORE than Vick, if you go by the numbers.

You do realize that you are splitting fine hairs while comparing a ten year veteran QB with a rookie QB don't you? And Foles QB rating being higher is not a function of games played. It isn't like he played one baseball game and went 3-3 or something. He managed to have a rating slightly higher than Vick playing on the same team with more injuries to the starters than Vick did. Doesn't it concern you that you have to split hairs so to support Vick? He stunk last year, he stunk the year before. It wasn't all his fault, but at the end of the day, the rookie had a slightly better year than him and that's alarming if you're counting on Vick. How does Foles numbers cmpare to Vick's rookie season? We already kknow he's the only rookie QB with greater than 60% completion % and 240 or more yds per game.

To me, all of that doesn't mean much, other than it was close. As long as Chip let's them compete and has the best one win the job, it will be fun to watch and the team will be better for it.

D Rock
QUOTE (iggleslover49 @ Apr 29 2013, 12:26 AM) *

Aint nobody struggling to comprehend what you're saying. It's just that what you're saying is plumb assed wrong.

Vick sucks. He's nowhere near a decent quarterback.

Look around, you are the last guy to realize this.

Even Vick agreed to a 10 million dollar paycut to stay with a team he knows doesn't really want him in the first place. Nobody was going to pony up any real coin for that turd this year. Nobody will do it next year.

He's toast.
iggleslover49
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 28 2013, 07:50 PM) *
You do realize that you are splitting fine hairs while comparing a ten year veteran QB with a rookie QB don't you? And Foles QB rating being higher is not a function of games played. It isn't like he played one baseball game and went 3-3 or something. He managed to have a rating slightly higher than Vick playing on the same team with more injuries to the starters than Vick did. Doesn't it concern you that you have to split hairs so to support Vick? He stunk last year, he stunk the year before. It wasn't all his fault, but at the end of the day, the rookie had a slightly better year than him and that's alarming if you're counting on Vick. How does Foles numbers cmpare to Vick's rookie season? We already kknow he's the only rookie QB with greater than 60% completion % and 240 or more yds per game.

To me, all of that doesn't mean much, other than it was close. As long as Chip let's them compete and has the best one win the job, it will be fun to watch and the team will be better for it.

At the end of the day, the rookie had the advantage of playing with a group of guys he was already practicing with anyway. Plus he had more of a running game to help him, which took the pressure off him.
iggleslover49
QUOTE (D Rock @ Apr 28 2013, 08:50 PM) *
Look around, you are the last guy to realize this.

All I see is everyone outside this forum projecting him as the starter right now. hunch.gif
nephillymike
QUOTE (iggleslover49 @ Apr 28 2013, 07:55 PM) *
At the end of the day, the rookie had the advantage of playing with a group of guys he was already practicing with anyway. Plus he had more of a running game to help him, which took the pressure off him.

Huh?

As the guy in the car commercial would say "That's CraaaaaaZee"

So every 2nd string QB should take his practice mates from the 2nd string and go replace the first string because he and the team will be better off playing with that group??? Doesn't Vick have it "easy" practicing all the time with the first squad he played with?
iggleslover49
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 28 2013, 09:06 PM) *
Huh?

As the guy in the car commercial would say "That's CraaaaaaZee"

So every 2nd string QB should take his practice mates from the 2nd string and go replace the first string because he and the team will be better off playing with that group??? Doesn't Vick have it "easy" practicing all the time with the first squad he played with?

Das not what I'm saying. I'm saying that when you practice with a certain group of guys you have better feel for them. From a timing aspect and communication aspect. The only way you would understand how continuity works is to have played football before. If you haven't then you don't understand what I mean.
nephillymike
QUOTE (iggleslover49 @ Apr 28 2013, 08:18 PM) *
Das not what I'm saying. I'm saying that when you practice with a certain group of guys you have better feel for them. From a timing aspect and communication aspect. The only way you would understand how continuity works is to have played football before. If you haven't then you don't understand what I mean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-FKuIpaDWc

Vick practices with the ones.

Foles practices with the twos

Vick starts the season playing with all the ones he practiced with. A few go down, BUT he plays with more one than twos while in the game.

Vick gets hurt

Foles comes in. At that point, he is playing with more ones than twos, no? So it is Foles that has the disadvantage of playing on a unit with more players that Vick is more familiar with, no?

And even though Foles is at a disadvantage of playing with more people he doesn't practice with, he still, as a rookie, has a slighlty more successful season than Vick.
D Rock
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 29 2013, 02:33 AM) *

Vick starts the season playing with all the ones he practiced with. A few go down, BUT he plays with more one than twos while in the game.

Vick gets hurt

Foles comes in. At that point, he is playing with more ones than twos, no? So it is Foles that has the disadvantage of playing on a unit with more players that Vick is more familiar with, no?

And even though Foles is at a disadvantage of playing with more people he doesn't practice with, he still, as a rookie, has a slighlty more successful season than Vick.

C'Mon man. You do realize you're wasting your time right? I mean this guy actually thinks Mike Vick can still develop into a quarterback.

wacko.gif
iggleslover49
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 28 2013, 09:33 PM) *

Vick gets hurt.

The whole back up oline minus Evan Mathis is who Foles ended up playing with. All those guys minus Evan Mathis he's been playing with Foles since OTAs, no?

What about at running back? Bryce Brown has been taking snaps with Foles in OTAs too, and is also a second stringer, no?

What about WR? Maclin was hurt, cooper was in. At OTAs that was his number two receiver, no? Avant was Foles favorite target, in the 3 wide, 1 tight,1 RB formation when djax(the only "1" that was healthy other than Celek). During OTA's Avant was the number one receiver with the two's, no?

I think that is definitely more 2's than 1's, no?

PS. In fact he threw 6 TDs, I think of 4 off top my head that went to backups. Clay Harbor, Damaris Johnson, Riley Cooper, and Mardy Gilyard are atleast four of his TDs passes. And some of those plays were plays he ran during preseason. Das what I mean when I say continuity.
Eyrie
QUOTE (D Rock @ Apr 29 2013, 02:39 AM) *
C'Mon man. You do realize you're wasting your time right? I mean this guy actually thinks Mike Vick can still develop into a quarterback.

wacko.gif

If there's hope for Vick to be an NFL calibre QB then there is for me as well biggrin.gif
Dr. Claw
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 28 2013, 03:32 PM) *
Barkley is the best QB on our roster and it will be apparent quickly. Foles has good size and decent pocket awareness, but his accuracy is just above average, his arm strength is surprisingly unimpressive, and his throwing motion is long and slow.

Hold on, let's not overhype, now. Isn't there a reason he slipped to the 4th besides the whole "drafting for need" which was the first round?

(also, did you say this last season? I made the same argument about Foles and people were comparing him to Flacco, LOL)

I can think of a few QBs worse to be saddled with than Matt Barkley (especially having drafted him in the fourth) after Vick and friends ride into the sunset (*coughKevinKolbcough*). If he overcomes the USC QB curse I'd be elated.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.