Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Overall, I like it.
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
D Rock
I love the first pick. Value + Need = great pick.

I think Ertz will be a player in the NFL, and I'll wait to see how he's used in conjunction w/ Celek and the new "H Back" outta houston. I'm in wait-n-see mode on this one despite the fact that I like the player.

The LSU D Tackle I know nothing about. Literally nothing. I don't think I heard his name before yesterday.

I love the Barkley pick. He's prolly gonna be "just a guy" but considering the pedigree and where we took him . . . I like taking our chance on that guy in that range. As I said in an earlier thread, I've seen alot of USC football living in L.A. the past 15 years. And this guy always struck me as different than the Palmer, Leinart, Sanchez sorts that have shit the bed in the NFL. He's less L.A. and more Football. Whether or not that means anything will remain to be seen, but I can't find fault in taking a flyer at this point. It's not like reaching for a "shot in the dark" QB at #4 like some have suggested.

I like the Wolfe pick. Don't know much about the player, but like what I read when compared with where we took him.

LOVE LOVE LOVE the Joe Kruger pick. This is Paul's brother and the athletic pedigree here is legit. This isn't another case of wishing Casey were Clay. The Kruger family is more Mathews like.

Dunno anything about the other 7th round DE, but his size suggests he could be a candidate to play some 3/4 end and give Cedric some competition.

Overall, I like what we took where we took it.

I think Cyprien going 1st in the 2nd round changed things for us, but I like the consolation of Ertz.

Our D is going to be a work in progress, but I'm hoping their job may be easy if Chip can put up points with half the proficiency he did in his previous stops.

The only thing about which I'm certain? That I'm filled w/ anticipation and stoked to see something different.

GO IGGLES!!!!
mcnabbulous
I'm happy overall. Way more excited about Barkley than Foles. Thought we got football players with every pick, which is a refreshing change from the past decade.
Zero
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 28 2013, 03:20 AM) *
I'm happy overall. Way more excited about Barkley than Foles. Thought we got football players with every pick, which is a refreshing change from the past decade.

Someone kept saying this was an Andy draft. What changed?
Eyrie
Like it rather than love it is a good way to phrase it.

Johnson - I saw upgrading the OL early as the key to that side of the ball and he was the best fit for Kelly's offense.

Ertz - again a good fit for Kelly, although I'd have preferred us to look at defence ...

Logan - ... and now we're on the right side of the ball.

Barkley - I'd have been looking at OLB or CB here. Still, he could make it and his skill set gives me comfort that Vick won't be starting.

Wolf, Kruger, King, Poyer - depth and competition on defence, so I'm happy.

Lastly the UDFA Maysonett will give Polk stiff competition for the third RB job.

My main concern (as most of my other posts have mentioned ad nauseam) is the lack of an OLB.
Zero
Maysonet is being compared to Morris from the Redskins. We'll see, but it will be nice to see some running on the offense.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 28 2013, 05:23 AM) *

Early, that was the case. With the difference being that I actually liked the picks we made. I thought the general strategy was the same.
Andy's problem was always about talent evaluation and the type of players. Andy cared about speed. Chip seems to care about size and strength, which is more in line with the Ravens/Steelers draft philosophy, which I have been clamoring for now for years. I liked our day 3 picks more than our day 1 & 2.

D Rock
bowdown.gif
QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 28 2013, 11:23 AM) *

Bwah!

laugh.gif
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 28 2013, 01:57 PM) *
Early, that was the case.

But your only effective evidence to call it Andy-esque was a 7th rounder from Utah.

So maybe it was late?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.