Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: We wanted Dion
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
mcnabbulous
Chip all but confirmed we were going to take him. Further improves my opinion of the process. Said it was too expensive to move up to get him.
nephillymike
I listened to his presser and he said he had four guys rated the same level and since they were guaranteeed to get one of the four, they were not inclined to move down.

He didn't say he liked any of the four more than the others.

The fact that Mia moved ahead isn't proof that we wanted Jordan there, only proof that they think we wanted Jordan there.

I'm very happy we couldn't get Jordan. I prefer my rush OLB to have more than 4.5 sacks, three of which were clean lines to the QB with blown blocking assignments creating three of them.

He's got bust written all over him IMO.
samaroo
I'm not so sure of that, though I obviously hope you're right.
D Rock
He didn't rush a lot as a duck. But the lack of production is at least noteworthy. For me, he looks like a Carlos Emmons and I'd play him as a SAM in a 4/3.
iggleslover49
Yeah I dunno if I'd label him bust. He's still raw as a defender and his body hasn't even filled in just yet. What you saw in Oregon is just the tip of the iceberg. Imagine him in two years playing at 270, with the athleticism he's got and a little more experience. He's gonna be a pro bowler if the Miami uses him right.
D Rock
QUOTE (iggleslover49 @ Apr 28 2013, 05:53 AM) *
Yeah I dunno if I'd label him bust.

Very generous of you considering he has yet to have his first NFL practice, let alone play his first snap.

tongue.gif
iggleslover49
QUOTE (D Rock @ Apr 28 2013, 01:06 AM) *
Very generous of you considering he has yet to have his first NFL practice, let alone play his first snap.

tongue.gif

Lol yeah I know. But he has that kind of upside. He'll be a player, barring injury. I dunno. There is a possibility that he never develops as a pass rusher, but to me that'll come with time and an increase with pass rushing moves which I'm sure he'll learn with experience. In space, he's already explosive. I really just don't see him not panning out.
D Rock
QUOTE (iggleslover49 @ Apr 28 2013, 06:26 AM) *
Lol yeah I know. But he has that kind of upside. He'll be a player, barring injury. I dunno. There is a possibility that he never develops as a pass rusher, but to me that'll come with time and an increase with pass rushing moves which I'm sure he'll learn. In space, he's already explosive.

I'm with you. He was covering WRs in the slot last year and doing it well. I know it's cliche' but he defines "Boom or Bust" as a prospect.

I would love to have seen if Chip would've taken him were both he and Johnson available. Nobody knows him better than Chip. Alas, we'll never know the truth on that scenario.
mcnabbulous
Like I said, Chip made it pretty clear tonight he would have taken Dion. As he should have.
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 28 2013, 06:46 AM) *
Like I said, Chip made it pretty clear tonight he would have taken Dion. As he should have.

How so?

I'm not doubting it. It's just that I'm knee deep in a house full of 8 year old girls for a birthday sleepover and I've been completely out of touch. I'm about to seriously lose my shit if those lil bitches don't soon shut up.

wink.gif
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Apr 28 2013, 01:08 AM) *
How so?

I'm not doubting it. It's just that I'm knee deep in a house full of 8 year old girls for a birthday sleepover and I've been completely out of touch. I'm about to seriously lose my shit if those lil bitches don't soon shut up.

wink.gif

Basically every beat guy reported it in some capacity. Here is the only direct quote via Twitter:
@RoobCSN: Chip said he really wanted Dion Jordan: “Trust me, we considered [him] very heavily. Didn’t get a chance to pull the trigger on that one."
Zero
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 28 2013, 03:14 AM) *
Basically every beat guy reported it in some capacity. Here is the only direct quote via Twitter:
@RoobCSN: Chip said he really wanted Dion Jordan: “Trust me, we considered [him] very heavily. Didn’t get a chance to pull the trigger on that one."

Then again, he's on record as really liking the kid as a person. He had a relationship with him, what would we expect him to say? It really doesn't matter one way or the other and we'll never truly know.
nephillymike
QUOTE (D Rock @ Apr 28 2013, 01:08 AM) *
How so?

wink.gif

Here's hoping that among them you had a ardent Geno Smith fan just to make your day a little more challenging!!
mcnabbulous
The ladies love Geno
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 28 2013, 07:52 AM) *
The ladies love Geno

that is because he is an emotional drama queen who appears to be heavily estrogen driven.....lololol Sorry...could not resist...
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 28 2013, 08:05 AM) *
that is because he is an emotional drama queen who appears to be heavily estrogen driven.....lololol Sorry...could not resist...

That would seem to contradict my statement. We all know women hate each other.
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 28 2013, 08:14 AM) *

Oh, the beat guys said so. Didn't half of those cats say chip was gaga for geno too?

As for chip words re dion what's he supposed to say?

They might have wanted him, but we still don't know how much or if they'd take him over Johnson.

The beat reporters were also reporting they wanted Johnson the days before the draft.
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 28 2013, 01:52 PM) *
The ladies love Geno

laugh.gif

Yes. Yes you do.

tongue.gif
JaxEagle
Dion Jordan may be a Pro-Bowler or may be a bust. However, I think the three OT's are less likely to be a bust, even if also less likely to be a HOF'er. Therefore, I like the pick less likely to be a bust given our status in the rebuilding process.
samaroo
The same could've been said for JPP coming out, too. And was, if I'm not mistaken.
D Rock
QUOTE (samaroo @ May 2 2013, 02:08 AM) *
The same could've been said for JPP coming out, too. And was, if I'm not mistaken.

And countless players who went the other way...
D Rock
I read today (sorry dont recall where) that said they were told Dion was fourth on the iggles board. Chips comments don't exactly refute that.
samaroo
QUOTE (D Rock @ May 1 2013, 11:46 PM) *
And countless players who went the other way...

True. I would've been okay with us picking him if we could've traded back to do so. I'm glad we didn't take him at 4 though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.