Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Joe Kruger DE
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Eyrie
Don't have high expectations of a seventh rounder, but when taking a long shot it makes sense to take one which addresses a need. If he turns into a player then it's a bonus, if not then we've not lost much.
D Rock
Totally agree. Trent Cole was a 5th rounder. And Joe comes from great stock.
Zero
Strengths: Tall, long body type with filled-out frame and good bulk throughout. Good natural strength with the hand and arm use to shed blocks. Closes in a flash like a bull seeing red. Quick feet and smooth movements in any direction. Good eye use and awareness to recognize and anticipate the action. Versatile skill-set to line up as an end in a 3-4 or 4-3. Strong bloodlines, work ethic and football character. Plays with intensity and top-shelf effort.

Weaknesses: Plays too tall and struggles with leverage, allowing his pads to rise off the snap. Lets blockers into his body and needs to protect his frame better. Relies on his natural ability as a pass rusher and needs to learn how to better use rush technique. Average career production and flashed more than consistently dominated. Link ...
Joe Kruger*, DE, Utah Height: 6-6. Weight: 269. Arm: 34.78. 40 Time: 4.83. Projected Round (2013): 4-5.
4/24/13: Kruger had a quality junior season with 30 tackles, eight tackles for a loss, six sacks, two forced fumbles, an interception, a blocked kick and a pass broken up. He definitely benefitted from playing next to Star Lotulelei. Kruger had three sacks as a sophomore. He could be best as a 3-4 defensive end in the NFL. Here ...
The dude's 20 years old I think. Sounds like a quality PS player who has the potential to learn and contribute in a year or two.
JaxEagle
QUOTE (D Rock @ Apr 28 2013, 01:22 AM) *
Totally agree. Trent Cole was a 5th rounder. And Joe comes from great stock.

Is he Paul Kruger's son?
D Rock
QUOTE (JaxEagle @ Apr 28 2013, 04:44 PM) *
Is he Paul Kruger's son?

Brother.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (JaxEagle @ Apr 28 2013, 11:44 AM) *
Is he Paul Kruger's son?

Yeah - props to Paul for getting laid at age 5. tongue.gif

They're brothers, which makes this pick pretty exciting for a 7th rounder.
JaxEagle
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Apr 28 2013, 11:49 AM) *

Lol, sorry. I forget how long ago Paul played. Time flies as they say. I don't follow as closely as I once did. Seems to me we just drafted Antone Davis a couple years ago and that punter/qb from UNLV. LOL
chuckp
I like taking him there, they also have a brother that went undrafted and signed with the Browns.
Clamdigger
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Apr 27 2013, 03:54 PM) *
Don't have high expectations of a seventh rounder, but when taking a long shot it makes sense to take one which addresses a need. If he turns into a player then it's a bonus, if not then we've not lost much.

Reid would've taken him in the 3rd.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Clamdigger @ Apr 30 2013, 04:28 PM) *
Reid would've taken him in the 3rd.

After trading up.
mcnabbulous
In reality, Andy never would have drafted him. He's way too big. Andy preferred his defenders to be undersized across the board. It was infuriating.
GQSmooth
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 30 2013, 10:16 PM) *
In reality, Andy never would have drafted him. He's way too big. Andy preferred his defenders to be undersized across the board. It was infuriating.

jumpclap.gif jumpclap.gif jumpclap.gif jumpclap.gif jumpclap.gif bowdown.gif bowdown.gif bowdown.gif bowdown.gif bowdown.gif
I've been arguing this for years. It's the difference between Giants success and Philly. How else does Spagnulo go north use the same system and win SB? The difference was the d-line and size of LBs.
GQSmooth
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 30 2013, 10:16 PM) *

jumpclap.gif jumpclap.gif jumpclap.gif jumpclap.gif jumpclap.gif bowdown.gif bowdown.gif bowdown.gif bowdown.gif bowdown.gif
I've been arguing this for years. It's the difference between Giants success and Philly. How else does Spagnulo go north use the same system and win SB? The difference was the d-line and size of LBs.
D Rock
Fastballs...

rolleyes.gif
samaroo
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Apr 28 2013, 11:49 AM) *

Allow me to retort...

...Casey Matthews.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.