Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Assuming the 3 7ths Dont' Yield Much
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Our depth chart per Ourlads thru the 5th round:

http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/PHI

And available free agents out there:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/freeagency/index

Note, there are plenty of FA's available rated higher than the FA's we picked up:

Barwin 79
K. Phillips 77
Sopoaga 77
Chung 75
D. Jones 75
C. Williams 73
Casey 67
Fletcher 66
J. Phillips 57

Looks like a lot of LB's S, and CB that may be able to fill out our roster and find a starter or two.

also, what will the post draft trade market look like? Can we move Cole, Foles/Vick and Graham for players at positions of need?? Not sure how many of these DE and LB are 34 types.
Zero
The after draft trading is something I hadn't thought of but it sounds possible. Player for player trades used to be non-existent but I guess that free agency and the cap have changed that. I like it and you could be right.
Eyrie
Let's hope so.

We still have a hole at OLB, which is a key part of the 3-4.
Zero
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Apr 28 2013, 06:07 AM) *
Let's hope so.

We still have a hole at OLB, which is a key part of the 3-4.

Kelly had a couple of days to watch the guys he has. Maybe he has ... aren't Graham and Cole supposed to move?
Eyrie
QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 28 2013, 11:20 AM) *
Kelly had a couple of days to watch the guys he has. Maybe he has ... aren't Graham and Cole supposed to move?

Yes, but other than them we only have Baldwin and possibly Hunt. That's a bit too shallow with too many questions for me to be comfortable - remember Reid neglected LBs for years.

Let's hope we have a FA in mind given that we didn't even add a UDFA.
Zero
Yeah, but this draft just screamed BPA to me. I was looking for a DE, S, CB and LB higher and much less offense. I think they just went after football players who fit the upside and personality description they want, regardless of position.
Zero
burp
Eyrie
QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 28 2013, 11:36 AM) *
Yeah, but this draft just screamed BPA to me. I was looking for a DE, S, CB and LB higher and much less offense. I think they just went after football players who fit the upside and personality description they want, regardless of position.

I think we were unlucky with Cyprien going a couple of picks before us.

QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 28 2013, 11:36 AM) *
burp

Very eloquent! biggrin.gif
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 28 2013, 05:36 AM) *
burp

this has gotta be your most insightful post yet!!
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 28 2013, 08:09 AM) *
this has gotta be your most insightful post yet!!

I'm evolving.
nephillymike
Did a little research.

Of the LB's on that list, the two most appealing seem to be:

Karlos Dansby ILB in a 3-4. Started all 16 games last year
Dwight Freeney OLB in a 3-4. Played ina 14 G for Indy. He successfully made the move from DE to rush OLB

Maybe Casey Hampton, run stuffing NT?? Prolly not. But theyr'e saying Logan is at 34DE not NT. They need someon to share the load with Sopo. Prolly not a good fit.

Some decent CB's out there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.