Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: If Barkley is available...
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
mcnabbulous
I'd grab him in a heartbeat. That probably surprises no one.
I don't know how you beat that value.
nephillymike
Definitely great value with a lot of QB's.

I look at it this way. I don't know if we need one so I pass on all of them.

I know it is real tempting given the value.

We just have too many other needs.

And on the birght side. If other teams pick them and they have maoderate success, there should be less competition for the supposed cream crop of QB's coming out next year that we may need one from!!
mcnabbulous
I'm very pleased. Great value.
iggleslover49
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 27 2013, 12:07 PM) *
I'm very pleased. Great value.

So am, I can't lie. biggrin.gif
D Rock
I like it.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Apr 27 2013, 11:09 AM) *
I like it.

As we all should. This guy was likely a top-15 pick last year. Draft QB's and see what happens. As much as I like Geno, I more like the idea of taking guys with skill and seeing who works out. I'd much rather miss on a QB than any other position.
mcnabbulous
My respect for Chip just shot through the roof. This is about players, boys. We have no scheme or identity. We just have a football team.
mcnabbulous
Man, I was so worried we were taking Matt Scott. That guy is going to be trash.
TGryn
First vid is against Kelly's Oregon team...

Zero
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 27 2013, 12:13 PM) *
My respect for Chip just shot through the roof. This is about players, boys. We have no scheme or identity. We just have a football team.

I think he's showing us what his offense will be and it's not the read option.
Dr. Claw
QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 27 2013, 12:54 PM) *
I think he's showing us what his offense will be and it's not the read option.

I think he saw a guy who performed well against his Oregon team in the Pac 12. Not much to say since it was a 4th round pick.

and I definitely don't think Chip was going to do the "read option", regardless of the QB. I just hope it isn't anything like Andyball.
mcnabbulous
Hand size = 10 1/8

From a little bit of research, that is pretty big. Bigger than Rodgers. Sports Science!
make_it_rain
I wasn't too high on Barkley going in to the draft, but really like this pick. Huge amount of upside for the price of a fourth rounder. I wonder what this means for the other qbs on the roster, and the implications for the "wide open" quarterback competition we have coming. Lot's of interesting potential scenarios here....what if Barkley comes in and rips shit up in the preseason? What do we do with Vick / Foles?

God damnit NFL draft, now I'm all jacked up for the NFL season to return, and it's still four months away. It's such a tease.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Apr 27 2013, 12:36 PM) *
I wasn't too high on Barkley going in to the draft, but really like this pick. Huge amount of upside for the price of a fourth rounder. I wonder what this means for the other qbs on the roster, and the implications for the "wide open" quarterback competition we have coming. Lot's of interesting potential scenarios here....what if Barkley comes in and rips shit up in the preseason? What do we do with Vick / Foles?

God damnit NFL draft, now I'm all jacked up for the NFL season to return, and it's still four months away. It's such a tease.

The same thing the Seahawks did with Wilson. Play him. I'm much higher on Barkley than Foles.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Apr 27 2013, 01:36 PM) *

Please Phillies, just be competitive until August!
TGryn
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Apr 27 2013, 10:56 AM) *
Please Phillies, just be competitive until August!
Unlikely, but they do get Ruiz back tomorrow...
nephillymike
QUOTE (TGryn @ Apr 27 2013, 12:59 PM) *
Unlikely, but they do get Ruiz back tomorrow...

Winning big today so far............................
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.