Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: This is the most Andy draft ever...
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
mcnabbulous
Some things change, some things stay the same.
samaroo
Awww, come on! We're not gonna start this already, are we? Can we all agree to wait till week 1 is over before we make our" Fire Chip" posters?
mcnabbulous
I didn't say anything about firing Chip. I just can't believe how similar it was to an Andy draft. You didn't happen to notice that after two picks, both Philly and KC had drafted tackles and tight ends?
D Rock
Best player available?

How many 2nd round picks did Andy spend on TEs in 14 drafts?

Chip is sooooo Andy.

Don't let your love thang and ludicrous over valuation of a bad QB cloud the entire class. Trust me. In 2 years, you'll thank your lucky stars he wore the other green.
Zero
Man, he was a disappointment too.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Apr 27 2013, 09:38 AM) *
Best player available?

How many 2nd round picks did Andy spend on TEs in 14 drafts?

Chip is sooooo Andy.

Don't let your love thang and ludicrous over valuation of a bad QB cloud the entire class. Trust me. In 2 years, you'll thank your lucky stars he wore the other green.

His first two picks were identical to ours. It was very similar to an Andy draft. Heavy on the lines and and pass catching TE. I'm not criticizing the draft. Simply pointing out a fact. Relax, son.
D Rock
You're tellin me to relax? I'm not the one who started a bitch rant of this thread.

So too, 1 (one) tight end taken in the first three rounds over a 14 year span hardly constitutes a trend on Reid's part.

That, sir is the FACT.

mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Apr 27 2013, 02:57 PM) *
You're tellin me to relax? I'm not the one who started a bitch rant of this thread.

So too, 1 (one) tight end taken in the first three rounds over a 14 year span hardly constitutes a trend on Reid's part.

That, sir is the FACT.

What did I bitch about? Or rant? I simply called it out. And Andy drafted a TE this year, if you hadn't noticed.

Damn, disagreeing about QB's gets your panties in a wad. Point noted.
mcnabbulous
We just drafted a dude named Joe Kruger, from Utah. And you're telling me this isnt an Andy draft...
Zero
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 27 2013, 05:46 PM) *
We just drafted a dude named Joe Kruger, from Utah. And you're telling me this isnt an Andy draft...

I've read good things about Kruger. He's a 7th round pick and that's support for an Andy draft?
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 27 2013, 07:08 PM) *
I've read good things about Kruger. He's a 7th round pick and that's support for an Andy draft?

I'm not following. I was joking that drafting a white dude from the state of Utah was exceptionally Andy-esque.
Zero
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 28 2013, 03:17 AM) *
I'm not following. I was joking that drafting a white dude from the state of Utah was exceptionally Andy-esque.

My bad ...
D Rock
Andy-esque huh???
mcnabbulous
Yes, I'll reiterate...

Drafting three guys along the lines with your first three picks is Andy-esque. I'm not quite sure why you're denying this. You may remember Andy drafting 8 linemen with his 12 first round picks as Eagles head coach. And 1 for 1 in KC.
D Rock
How many lineman went in the first 11 picks?

I suppose everybody's Andy-esque, or at least we're not without company.

You made a bad analogy because you were personally disapointed with the draft (at least early). While perhaps not a "bitch rant" as suggested . . . it was certainly whiney.

Now that you've settled down, you're still trying to defend it as if it had some merit in the first place, and wasn't simply the product of a childish fit.

You're killin me here.

hunch.gif

And I wouldn't call a pass catching TE "a lineman."
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Apr 28 2013, 11:58 PM) *
How many lineman went in the first 11 picks?

I suppose everybody's Andy-esque, or at least we're not without company.

The first pick wasn't what made the first two days Andy-esque, although it contributed. It was the three picks in total. If you're still denying that taking an OL, DL, and pass catching TE isn't similar to Andy; you're in deep denial.

You made a bad analogy because you were personally disapointed with the draft (at least early). While perhaps not a "bitch rant" as suggested . . . it was certainly whiney.

It wasn't even remotely whiney. It wasn't a commentary on my satisfaction with the draft at all. I was simply pointing out similarities between the two. You seem to forget that I was a pretty big fan of Big Red (although I didn't necessarily agree with many of his actual personnel decisions, I understood the positional thought process.)

Now that you've settled down, you're still trying to defend it as if it had some merit in the first place, and wasn't simply the product of a childish fit.

You're killin me here.

hunch.gif

And I wouldn't call a pass catching TE "a lineman."

So I'll reiterate, the first 3 selections were very Andy-esque. It's evidence to me that Chip and Andy have similar ideas about value on a roster. And I'm fine with that. I still likely would have drafted Mingo or Milliner before Johnson, simply from a positional value perspective -- but that wouldn't have been very Andy-eque of me.

I've already conceded that the ungodly number of linemen drafted in round 1 deflated any opportunity to find value there at the top of round 2, which is what I had expected. It was truly a testament to the weakness of this draft class.

Where Chip separated himself from Andy was on day 3. We didn't see small school, tweener defensive linemen. We didn't see any 5'10" 220 linebackers. We didn't see any limp-armed hopeful WCO QB's. We drafted proven, physically capable football players from big schools.

It's clear that Chip plans on outscheming people on offensive with matchup problems and playcalling, while beating up people on defense with physically gifted football players. It's the exact way I'd build an NFL team, so I'm enthusiastic about what is ahead.
D Rock
Keep defending your whine all ya like.

You realize (or perhaps you don't) that literally no one here agrees with the sentiment. It's nowhere near reality, but you keep on spinning it as something OTHER than a whiney fit if it helps you feel better.

duel.gif
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Apr 29 2013, 02:06 PM) *
Keep defending your whine all ya like.

You realize (or perhaps you don't) that literally no one here agrees with the sentiment. It's nowhere near reality, but you keep on spinning it as something OTHER than a whiney fit if it helps you feel better.

duel.gif

No one agrees that Andy likes to draft linemen? Or pass catching TE's? That sounds like a YP.

Andy took an OT with his first pick. Guess what we did? Andy took a TE with his second pick. Guess what we did? Literally 1 inch and 9lbs separated our first two draft picks from Andy's in KC.

Yeah, but it was a Jimmy Johnson draft cause Chip drafted guys he was familiar with at the college level. I'm pretty sure Andy didn't have that luxury.

Yes, I'm whining that we had a similar draft approach to my beloved ex-coach. That makes a whole lotta sense.
mcnabbulous
BTW, I saw the Colts cut bait with another one of Bill Polian's first round picks today. What a genius that guy is.
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 29 2013, 08:14 PM) *
No one agrees that Andy likes to draft linemen? Or pass catching TE's?

No.

No one agrees that our draft was in ANY way "Andy-esque."

You keep on tryin to twist your fit into words that are closer to palatable and further away from you initial statement, but you aint fooling anyone. Just look how quickly you backed off the 7th round D lineman out of Utah, which was initially some of your chief "evidence." Never mind he was not from BYU or a mormon. You can't un ring a bell.

mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Apr 29 2013, 02:19 PM) *
No.

No one agrees that our draft was in ANY way "Andy-esque."

You keep on tryin to twist your fit into words that are closer to palatable and further away from you initial statement, but you aint fooling anyone. Just look how quickly you backed off the 7th round D lineman out of Utah, which was initially some of your chief "evidence." Never mind he was not from BYU or a mormon. You can't un ring a bell.

I seriously think you've lost your capacity to read or pick up on sarcasm.

My second post, before you even got involved in this conversation, was saying that I had no problem with the draft and simply compared our first two picks with Andy's first two picks. How has my opinion changed since then?

And am I really the first person on this board to make a joke about Andy drafting dudes from the state of Utah? If you'd like, I can pull some up from the archives. I didn't realize that making Andy/mormon jokes was some groundbreaking territory around here.

And yes, yes he is mormon.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.