Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: No enthusiasm for Ertz?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
mcnabbulous
We definitely look like we'll be able to create matchup problems. Hopefully we have someone to get them the ball.
samaroo
I always love a good, fast TE, but I am shocked. Also shocked by Cincy's pick.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (samaroo @ Apr 26 2013, 06:00 PM) *
I always love a good, fast TE, but I am shocked. Also shocked by Cincy's pick.

Why shocked? Seemed pretty predictable once they came on the clock.
Phits
I like the pick. Had to see a solid TE pick-up, especially with Celek on his last legs.
Pbfan
He's quick, but in the NFL I don't think he'll be fast enough. And he's not a super strong TE either so don't expect him to be throwing around any DBs
D Rock
He's supposed to have great hands, decent (not great) speed and is a capable (not great) blocker.

I like the pick considering 1: Cyprien was gone and 2: it's not a QB from WV.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Apr 26 2013, 06:40 PM) *
2: it's not a QB from WV.

Jeff Hostetler hasn't been in the league in ages.
Zero
QUOTE (D Rock @ Apr 26 2013, 07:40 PM) *
He's supposed to have great hands, decent (not great) speed and is a capable (not great) blocker.

I like the pick considering 1: Cyprien was gone and 2: it's not a QB from WV.

jumpclap.gif
samaroo
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 26 2013, 07:01 PM) *
Why shocked? Seemed pretty predictable once they came on the clock.

I just keep expecting defense. After Cyprien went, I figured we'd go CB.

I'm not disappointed, just surprised.
Zero
QUOTE (samaroo @ Apr 26 2013, 08:13 PM) *
I just keep expecting defense. After Cyprien went, I figured we'd go CB.

I'm not disappointed, just surprised.

I'm hoping Jesse Williams falls to us
iggleslover49
No enthusiasm for Bennie Logan is what it is...
realisticduck
QUOTE (iggleslover49 @ Apr 26 2013, 08:30 PM) *
No enthusiasm for Bennie Logan is what it is...

As a Duck fan and writer covering the Ducks for one of the Oregon pubs online I can vouch for Zero's evaluation. I watched Ertz play a dozen times in the last 2 years. He catches anything within 10 feet. Misses nothing. Runs good routes and blocks more than adequately. Remember, they had Stephan Taylor there and they ran right over a lot of teams. Including Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl. Absolute nightmare matchup for corners with his speed and hands. A product of the Harbough school of toughness as well. He was one of the foundations of Stanford's turnaround.

Expect a lot more picks like this as the Kelly era unfolds. Players who can do more than one thing.
Eyrie
I like what Ertz offers (and he's a great fit for Kelly), but I'm not convinced that TE was a more pressing need than S, OLB, CB or DE.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Apr 27 2013, 05:00 AM) *
I like what Ertz offers (and he's a great fit for Kelly), but I'm not convinced that TE was a more pressing need than S, OLB, CB or DE.

Drafting for need is why our roster turned to dog shit in the past few years. If he was their bpa, I'm okay with it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.