Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Geno going home
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
chuckp
Report that Geno isn't going to go to radio city for rd 2, kind of a bitch move......not going your way so you run and hide.
D Rock
QUOTE (chuckp @ Apr 26 2013, 05:27 AM) *
Report that Geno isn't going to go to radio city for rd 2, kind of a bitch move......not going your way so you run and hide.

Totally in character from a guy who was prone to pouting on the sideline when things went south.

Dreagon
QUOTE (chuckp @ Apr 26 2013, 12:27 AM) *

That's the kind of stunt that can make a guys stock slide even further. It's not exactly the type of leadership material you're looking for in a future quarterback.
chuckp
Yeah he would have looked much better sticking it out and coming on that stage whenever his name is called
nephillymike
QUOTE (chuckp @ Apr 26 2013, 12:44 AM) *
Yeah he would have looked much better sticking it out and coming on that stage whenever his name is called

I agree. I feel for the kid, but not a smart move.
GQSmooth
Who the hell is advising him? No way an agent should allow him to do such a thing. My issue is why the heck does he tell the media he is not returning? He is killing his draft value.
Phits
I'm curious, why is it an issue?
Dreagon
QUOTE (Phits @ Apr 26 2013, 09:17 AM) *

Well, one of the knocks on him is that he pouts when the going gets tough and quits during a game. This is in dispute, but that word is out there. When he pulls a stunt like this, general managers begin to think it may be a personality trait with the kid...and that's a trait you do not want in your teams most important position. The QB is a leader and you can't have him quitting on games. He's also the face of your franchise, and this kind of personality trait can be toxic for team if it turns out to be real.
chuckp
Looks like Geno will be in the building today per Adam Schefter
GQSmooth
QUOTE (Phits @ Apr 26 2013, 10:17 AM) *

Do you want to go into a fight when the leader of your team wants to leave and go home when things arent going your way?

He is staying now but it makes you wonder...
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (GQSmooth @ Apr 26 2013, 09:59 AM) *
Do you want to go into a fight when the leader of your team wants to leave and go home when things arent going your way?

He is staying now but it makes you wonder...

It's not fucking war. He was embarrassed on national television for 4 hours. Any year this happens, the guy sits around looking bewildered and distraught.

He was essentially lied to by everyone he encountered for the past few months. I'd be pretty on edge, too.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (GQSmooth @ Apr 26 2013, 10:07 AM) *
Who the hell is advising him? No way an agent should allow him to do such a thing. My issue is why the heck does he tell the media he is not returning? He is killing his draft value.

Always makes you wonder, after Manuel was taken his agent should've been constantly on the phone with him telling him how to carry himself, what to say, etc. Now he's staying and said the right thing, but the damage has been done, it shows a poor attitude from someone who is expected to be the face of a franchise.

Supposedly Manti Teo was disappointed too - he heard he was going to be drafted #6 overall by the El Paso Rangers, under the leadership of Vince Lombardi III
D Rock
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Apr 26 2013, 03:27 PM) *
Always makes you wonder, after Manuel was taken his agent should've been constantly on the phone with him telling him how to carry himself, what to say, etc. Now he's staying and said the right thing, but the damage has been done, it shows a poor attitude from someone who is expected to be the face of a franchise.

Absolutely. He just essentially confirmed the biggest knock on him for all to see. Whoever advised him he should go to the show in the first place was wrong.

If I was a clipboard maker, I'd be signing this guy up for a 10 year sponsorship deal.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Apr 26 2013, 11:15 AM) *
Absolutely. He just essentially confirmed the biggest knock on him for all to see. Whoever advised him he should go to the show in the first place was wrong.

Which is why he was likely so disengaged. People have been blowing smoke up his ass for 4 months.

Would you have preferred for him to be all smiles? Haven't we seen that before?

How should he have handled it?
D Rock
No. You handle it with dignity and class. No yuck yuck schtick. No cryin in your coctail. Just dignified normal human behavior. It's not that tough. He's going to the NFL either way. He's going to get the chance to earn buku money.

He has to know what his rep is. He has to know that he has a chance to show some emotional fortitude that many believe he innately lacks. That he apparently had to be convinced through the night to show up at all is damning to any reasonable eye.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Apr 26 2013, 11:20 AM) *
No. You handle it with dignity and class. No yuck yuck schtick. No cryin in your coctail. Just dignified normal human behavior. It's not that tough. He's going to the NFL either way. He's going to get the chance to earn buku money.

He has to know what his rep is. He has to know that he has a chance to show some emotional fortitude that many believe he innately lacks. That he apparently had to be convinced through the night to show up at all is damning to any reasonable eye.

What constitutes dignity and class. For all you know, he was asked if he was coming back tonight and he said no. You have a preconceived idea of what this guy is all about, so everything he does will fit into that characterization.

Now people are suggesting he only had a hotel room for one night, which is why he didn't plan on staying.
samaroo
I'd be pissed too knowing Tebow went in the first. tongue.gif
iggleslover49
Guess what guys? Those reports were shenanigans. Das why you don't listen to the media's BS
iggleslover49
I'm banging the table for Mathieu on day 2!
D Rock
QUOTE (iggleslover49 @ Apr 26 2013, 11:35 PM) *
I'm banging the table for Mathieu on day 2!

you would.
Dreagon
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 26 2013, 11:23 AM) *
What constitutes dignity and class.

Considering where he ended up going, Geno is going to be asking himself that for a long time biggrin.gif
samaroo
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Apr 26 2013, 08:30 PM) *
Considering where he ended up going, Geno is going to be asking himself that for a long time biggrin.gif

Well played, sir! laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.