Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hey DRock
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
mcnabbulous
Now that this mess is over, I hope we can go back to mutually disliking most of these other asshats
cheers.gif
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 26 2013, 03:01 AM) *
Now that this mess is over, I hope we can go back to mutually disliking most of these other asshats
cheers.gif

Count on it.

cheers.gif

(you may have to afford me some low grade gloating however)
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Apr 25 2013, 10:05 PM) *
Count on it.

cheers.gif

(you may have to afford me some low grade gloating however)

Well, you really can't do so until Geno is out of the league in 3 years.
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 26 2013, 03:09 AM) *
Well, you really can't do so until Geno is out of the league in 3 years.

No. That's when the high grade gloating begins.

I think we can agree that he's the "borderline first rounder" I've been telling you he was for the past couple of weeks.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Apr 25 2013, 10:16 PM) *
No. That's when the high grade gloating begins.

I think we can agree that he's the "borderline first rounder" I've been telling you he was for the past couple of weeks.

I still disagree. Ill concede that your sources are better.
D Rock
My source was my own eyes. (as stated)

You light it up and once the heisman talk begins . . . you go on a HUGE losing streak.

The numbers are a mirage due to the scheme and skill position talent. He rarely threw down the field and was hit or miss on his best day when he did. He just chucks it up. He never had to read the field. It was all presnap looks and quick throws. He never took the ball from under center. He has no pocket presence going back to all the quick hitch throws - he never had to develop it because he never stood in the face of a rush. When he did, he was bad. 32 fumbles are huge for an NCAA quarterback who never runs. The athleticism is a mirage as well. He may have it. But he NEVER used it. (this is where the Supa5 comparisons hit home w/ me)

The "sources" like your pal Polian were offered only in support of the opinion I reached on my own.

He may turn out to be a decent NFL quarterback. I doubt it. But it's possible.

I just didn't want him at #4.
mcnabbulous
If you think a guy can just walk to the line and have as much success as Geno without ever having to read a defense, you're sorely mistaken.

I'm glad he fell, and I hope to god the eagles grab him at 35. I've said all along that his skill set reminds me most of Aaron Rodgers. Now he'll have that same chip on his shoulder.
D Rock
Aaron Rogers was much more pro ready and STILL sat for years behind Fahvruh. I'd rather have Ertz or Cyprien at 35.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Apr 26 2013, 11:11 AM) *
Aaron Rogers was much more pro ready and STILL sat for years behind Fahvruh. I'd rather have Ertz or Cyprien at 35.

So you wouldn't take a QB if there is a need for them to sit?

Man, that position has been wildly changed by last year's class. That shit was an anomaly. Draft Geno and let him compete with Foles for the job. Let the best man win. Competition breeds success. It's what Seattle did.
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 26 2013, 04:13 PM) *
So you wouldn't take a QB if there is a need for them to sit?

Man, that position has been wildly changed by last year's class. That shit was an anomaly. Draft Geno and let him compete with Foles for the job. Let the best man win. Competition breeds success. It's what Seattle did.

w the new CBA, you gotta find out if these guys can play while on their rookie contract.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Apr 26 2013, 11:17 AM) *
w the new CBA, you gotta find out if these guys can play while on their rookie contract.

You know almost immediately if a guy can play. That doesn't mean he necessarily should. And he wouldn't have to play in year 1. That's the nice part. But by year 2, he and Foles could have a legit QB competition and the cream will rise.
samaroo
When Geno gets drafted by whoever drafts him, are you guys gonna stop arguing? Because then what am I gonna read everyday?

This Geno argument has been like my soap opera lately, a fun, guilty pleasure. smile.gif
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (samaroo @ Apr 26 2013, 05:18 PM) *
When Geno gets drafted by whoever drafts him, are you guys gonna stop arguing? Because then what am I gonna read everyday?

This Geno argument has been like my soap opera lately, a fun, guilty pleasure. smile.gif

Well, if the Eagles draft him, it will keep that convo interesting. That's for sure.
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 26 2013, 11:25 PM) *
Well, if the Eagles draft him, it will keep that convo interesting. That's for sure.

They wont.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Apr 26 2013, 05:26 PM) *
They wont.

It's not looking like it.
samaroo
You guys are awesome!
D Rock
QUOTE (samaroo @ Apr 26 2013, 11:41 PM) *
You guys are awesome!

You too, sweetie . . .

cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.