Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So far 3 guards off the board and only 1 QB...
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
D Rock
Hmmmnnnn......

THREE first round guards? In the top 20?

It's as if I've been posting from the future the past few weeks.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Apr 25 2013, 09:31 PM) *
Hmmmnnnn......

THREE first round guards? In the top 20?

It's as if I've been posting from the future the past few weeks.

What's got two thumbs and knew the NFL is predictable and conservative?
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 26 2013, 02:33 AM) *
What's got two thumbs and knew the NFL is predictable and conservative?

Predictable? Who was it that was jumping up and down about how Guards don't go in the first round?

(hint) it's that guy w/ two thumbs.

Three guards off the board before the 2nd QB is only predictable by a certified genius like yours truly.

mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Apr 25 2013, 09:42 PM) *
Predictable? Who was it that was jumping up and down about how Guards don't go in the first round?

(hint) it's that guy w/ two thumbs.

Three guards off the board before the 2nd QB is only predictable by a certified genius like yours truly.

I said they shouldn't. Not that they don't. Lets not forget you wanted the second best guard in the draft at #4 wink.gif
D Rock
Damn straight I wanted Warmack (but predicted Johnson).

I love that guy's game.

Seriously though . . . when was the last time 3 guards went in the top 20?
iggleslover49
I think everybody and their mom knew those 3 tackles and the two guards (Cooper and Chance) would be chosen in the first. I admit to Pugh and Manuel being a surprise to those.
D Rock
Welcome to the discussion at hand, dude.

Tackles often go early. The discussion that's been going on here for the past 2 months is whether or not guards go that early.

Last few years it was Pouncey 1 and pouncey 2 and one other guy who's name escapes me. That's 1 (one) guard per year in the first round.

To have 3 guards off the board and only 1 signal caller in the TOP TWENTY is unheard of.

So everybody and their mom is welcome to chime in and leave the contents of "the obvious" file for another thread.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Apr 25 2013, 09:46 PM) *
Damn straight I wanted Warmack (but predicted Johnson).

I love that guy's game.

Seriously though . . . when was the last time 3 guards went in the top 20?

I don't know, but it's awful strategy. It's no surprise that 2 bad teams took bad guards in the top-10.

Edit: didn't mean bad guards.
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 26 2013, 02:54 AM) *
I don't know, but it's awful strategy. It's no surprise that 2 bad teams took bad guards in the top-10.

Edit: didn't mean bad guards.

Warmack in Tenn is huge. It's a perfect place for him. You can dismiss the franchise if you like, but the best run blocking guard for Chris Johnson seems like an ideal situation for both player and franchise.

Great pick for them.
iggleslover49
I never go by what media guys say to begin with. Every year is different to me. This year o-line men and secondary guys are deep. And there is only one starting QB in this draft and that's Smith. So the fact that it turned out the way it has is of no surprise to other than those two guys I mentioned.
D Rock
Smith's ceiling is "career backup."
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Apr 25 2013, 10:06 PM) *
Smith's ceiling is "career backup."

He is really close to becoming our QB of the future. Tick, tick...
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 26 2013, 03:10 AM) *
He is really close to becoming our QB of the future. Tick, tick...

Cool. I always love our backup QB. No way he beats out Foles and Vick.
D Rock
Wow. Another interior O lineman gone.

That's 4 in the first round.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.