Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: *Headdesk*
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Dreagon
Dear Jerry,

Your starting defensive tackle is facing charges on a DWI and Sharrif Floyd falls to your spot at #18...what do you do? What do you DO?

You DON"T trade down! GAHHHHHHH!!!!!!

*sob*
iggleslover49
Yeah ya'll could have used Ried yourselves
D Rock
No doubt. They've had dog shit at safety longer than we have.
mcnabbulous
Lol
chuckp
Then u pick a 3rd RD center with your first pick
Dreagon
QUOTE (chuckp @ Apr 25 2013, 10:51 PM) *
Then u pick a 3rd RD center with your first pick

Well, now that we don't have Al Davis around to provide draft day comedy anymore, I guess Jerry feels the need to step up. And just think, we allowed a team to jump 13 places in the first round for the bargain basement price of their second third round pick!

My wife showed great wisdom in removing the throwables from the living room.

*headdesk*
*headdesk*
*headdesk*
*headdesk*
*headdesk*
*headdesk*
*headdesk*
*headdesk*
*headdesk*
*headdesk*
*headdesk*
*headdesk*
nephillymike
My condolences.

As a fan of the team that drafted the 82nd best player with our first round pick two years ago, I feel your pain.

FWIW, my compilation had him ranked the 59th player, with ratings of eventual starter from Mayock, Outstanding prospect, 2nd rounder from ESPN and VG starter, 2nd round pick from NFP.
chuckp
Yeah plus wasn't Jarret from Temple like a 4th rd grade and we drafted him in the 2nd couple years ago and not sure if he's still in the nfl anymore
Dreagon
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 25 2013, 11:03 PM) *
My condolences.

As a fan of the team that drafted the 82nd best player with our first round pick two years ago, I feel your pain.

FWIW, my compilation had him ranked the 59th player, with ratings of eventual starter from Mayock, Outstanding prospect, 2nd rounder from ESPN and VG starter, 2nd round pick from NFP.

Sigh!

Oh well, we DID need a center. Of course we could have taken Sharif Floyd at #18 and still got this guy with our second round pick...but at least we're looking at the center of our line.

I'm just all aquiver to see what Jerry does tomorrow hunch.gif
samaroo
Here's some glass-is-half-full perceptions:

I'd rather have a FO that recognizes needs and aggressively addresses them, than have Al Davis make any pick. tongue.gif

Seriously, though, at least you're trying to plug a hole.
Dreagon
QUOTE (samaroo @ Apr 26 2013, 12:03 AM) *
Seriously, though, at least you're trying to plug a hole.

That is the one saving grace from the entire fiasco. This guy isn't that athletic, but his one distinguishing feature is he doesn't get pushed backwards...a trait that I'm sure Romo will have to get used to since he's probably come to the conclusion by now that it's the center's job to get launched into the backfield after snapping the ball.
mcnabbulous
Sorry, buddy. After the past decade of Andy's mostly terrible first round picks, I can't feel too bad though.

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2013/4/...-frederick-pick
chuckp
All I've been hearing is Floyed is a 4-3 DT only and that's why he fell so far and the reporter out of the Dallas camp said Jones and company see Floyed as a 3-4 DE only lol
D Rock
PFT apparently surveyed 5 NFL GMs to get their grade on Frederick. They responded thusly...

1- had a 4th round grade
2- had a 5th round grade
1- had a 6th round grade
1- had a borderline 6/7th round grade

JERRUH !!!!
mcnabbulous
Bill Polian had a second round grade
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.