Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I have to laugh
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
I saw this headline: "KC has target withe the 1st pick"

Do you think? You mean after months of over analyzing and the entire field of NCAA players at their disposal, they actually have targeted someone??

After the combines, the Pro Days and all of the dirt has been dug up on these guys, people refine their player rankings, which is fine. Then all of a sudden, prospects start to move all over the board. The Qb rumoured to be taken #2, now he may not go in the first round. The guy who's heart exploded and only had a 5% chance of living four months ago? He's now a first round pick.

It seems like a herd mentality to me. One guy throw sup against the wall that he heard from somebody, who heard from somebody that team X LOVES player Y. Then all of a sudden, five of the fourteen mock drafts show Team X taking player Y.

If nothing else, everyone seems to agree that this is the most unpredictable draft in their memory.

Get yo Popcorn ready!

And with the 4th pick in the 2013 NFL draft, the Philadelphia Eagles select.................

Jon Harris, DE, University of Virginia.

Theismann turns to Kiper, having no idea who the hell Harris is and says, Mel??

Kiper is riffling thru his notes trying to stall.

That is hard to beat.

Hopefully our drama is more rewarding this time!!
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 25 2013, 01:00 PM) *
It seems like a herd mentality to me. One guy throw sup against the wall that he heard from somebody, who heard from somebody that team X LOVES player Y. Then all of a sudden, five of the fourteen mock drafts show Team X taking player Y.

This is exactly why I take the "draft expert" ratings with a grain of salt. The NFL is filled with a huge group of conservative guys who have no interest in rocking the boat. It's why teams rarely go for it on 4th and short in situations that have been statistically proven to be beneficial for the team.

I actually think Chip may come in and shake it up. Which is why I don't have any idea what we're going to do tonight.

I'm pretty excited.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.