Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What team first used "Gang Green"
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
I remember it from the Buddy Ryan days. Now I see Jets fans using it. Just curious who used the name first.

Anyone?
BirdsWinBaby
QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 25 2013, 05:47 AM) *
I remember it from the Buddy Ryan days. Now I see Jets fans using it. Just curious who used the name first.

Anyone?

i dont know of anything officially deeming either team as gang green....but i only remember philly folks using the term for the birds and even then only to that great defense we used to have. i see a broader use of it referring to the jets particularly when i see old broadcasts sometimes on NFLN
nephillymike
From my memory, it was the Eagles.

The Jets best D back in the late 70's early 80's was called the NY Sack Exchange.
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 25 2013, 02:12 PM) *
From my memory, it was the Eagles.

The Jets best D back in the late 70's early 80's was called the NY Sack Exchange.

Yup, that's my memory too.
bwc2112
QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 25 2013, 07:14 PM) *
Yup, that's my memory too.

Originally it was the Eagles, It was the defense when we had Reggie White.
The Jets Hijacked the name, then what do you expect from a Jersey team claiming to be New York, Same with the V-giants. There is only one real NY team and thats the Bills. Most can't tell you where they are from.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.