Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Newest rumor from Sal Pal
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
He's been hearing this one out there:

Eagles trade down from #4 to the Ravens.

They get the Ravens First round pick this year (#32), their 2nd round pick this year (#62 and a starting player on defense.

Points wise we'd be giving up 1800, getting 590 and 284 for this years picks, 1000 for the future #1 plus a defensive starter. So basically giving up 1800 to get 1874 plus a starter.

Would you?
Phits
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 24 2013, 07:20 PM) *

They get the Ravens First round pick this year (#32), their 2nd round pick this year (#62 and a starting player on defense.

Points wise we'd be giving up 1800, getting 590 and 284 for this years picks, 1000 for the future #1 plus a defensive starter. So basically giving up 1800 to get 1874 plus a starter.

Would you?

yep..no brainer.
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 24 2013, 06:20 PM) *

Would you?

I'm confused ... do the Eagles get the Ravens #1 this year, their #2 this year, their #1 next year and a player?
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 24 2013, 06:51 PM) *
I'm confused ... do the Eagles get the Ravens #1 this year, their #2 this year, their #1 next year and a player?

Me too. Otherwise I wouldn't touch this deal. I'm not sure I would even with the future #1.
iggleslover49
I call shenanigans on that. Those guys have too much holes to be talking about that kinda trade. And I don't think FO would slide back that far for anything less either.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 24 2013, 06:51 PM) *

Yes. Would you?
D Rock
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 25 2013, 02:55 AM) *
Yes. Would you?

In a second.
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 24 2013, 09:55 PM) *
Yes. Would you?

I guess it would depend on the player but the #1 next year is the interesting piece with supposedly a stronger draft. As a fan I'd be apprehensive but probably yes. Would you?
nephillymike
It would depend on the starter. If he was solid at a pos of need, then yes.
TGryn
I don't trust Palantonino's Eagles rumors anymore, I think he doesn't have the time to hang around the team much since he's working national stories for ESPN now. He's happy to use his rep as a "Philly guy" on the network, but the beat writers who are around the team every day probably have a better sense of what's going on.

That future #1 is going to be pretty low, even with all the losses and retirements Ravens are still the defending Super Bowl champions and should be able to at least make the playoffs next year. We also rarely have a chance to pick as high as #4, where you can almost throw a dart at the top of the draft board and be sure you're getting an impact player. So, I guess it depends who the "defensive starter" is we're talking about; they have a lot of older players who they might be trying to unload. A guy like Terrell Suggs would be a big name, but he's already got 11 years under his belt.
Zero
QUOTE (TGryn @ Apr 25 2013, 08:40 AM) *
That future #1 is going to be pretty low, even with all the losses and retirements Ravens are still the defending Super Bowl champions and should be able to at least make the playoffs next year. We also rarely have a chance to pick as high as #4, where you can almost throw a dart at the top of the draft board and be sure you're getting an impact player. So, I guess it depends who the "defensive starter" is we're talking about; they have a lot of older players who they might be trying to unload. A guy like Terrell Suggs would be a big name, but he's already got 11 years under his belt.

This is spot on!
HobbEs
Is the starter's name Ngata? Otherwise I probably wouldn't do it.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (HobbEs @ Apr 25 2013, 08:18 AM) *
Is the starter's name Ngata? Otherwise I probably wouldn't do it.

That's just about how I feel.
Phits
QUOTE (TGryn @ Apr 25 2013, 08:40 AM) *
Ravens are still the defending Super Bowl champions and should be able to at least make the playoffs next year. We also rarely have a chance to pick as high as #4, where you can almost throw a dart at the top of the draft board and be sure you're getting an impact player. So, I guess it depends who the "defensive starter" is we're talking about; they have a lot of older players who they might be trying to unload. A guy like Terrell Suggs would be a big name, but he's already got 11 years under his belt.

No Lewis, No Ed , No Boldin.....it's hardly the same team that won the SB last season. The only thing in their advantage is that their division isn't very strong. It is very likely that they will have to win the division to advance to the post season.

Next year's draft is rumored to be very good. The top 10-15 picks in this year's draft are almost interchangeable. I would gladly give up this year's #1 for a 2nd and a #1 next season (giving us 2). It would put us in a very good position to trade up in the first round, if there is a prospect that we generally like.
Eyrie
QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 25 2013, 12:51 AM) *

On that basis I'd be interested to know who the starter is, but it would have to be a good fit with a few years left.

Two #1s next year would be useful ammunition if we need a QB.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.