Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Eagles Pick At #4..........
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Pick Player Pos Team #1st # This pick Rank
1 Joeckel,Luke OT KC 14 13 1
2 Jordan,Dion OLB34 JAC 14 8 3
3 Floyd,Sharrif DT43 OAK 14 9 5
4 Smith,Geno QB PHI 13 7 17
5 Fisher,Eric OT DET 14 10 2
6 Milliner,Dee CB CLE 14 7 4
7 Johnson,Lane OT ARI 14 8 8
8 Ansah,Ezekiel DE43 BUF 14 0 9
9 Mingo,Barkevious OLB34 NYJ 14 6 10
10 Cooper,Jonathan OG TEN 14 4 12
11 Warmack,Chance OG SD 14 5 6
12 Rhodes,Xavier CB MIA 13 8 19
13 Lotulelei,Star DE34 TB 14 3 7
14 Richardson,Sheldon DT43 CAR 14 6 11
15 Jones,Jarvis OLB43 NO 14 5 14
16 Austin,Tavon WR STL 14 10 15
17 Patterson,Cordarelle WR PIT 14 3 18
18 Vaccaro,Kenny SS DAL 14 5 16
19 Fluker,DJ OT NYG 13 6 26
20 Ogletree,Alec ILB CHI 12 3 23
21 Elam,Matt SS CIN 7 2 40
22 Reid,Eric FS STL 6 4 48
23 Williams,Sylvester DE34 MIN 13 5 21
24 Jones,Datone DE34 IND 7 4 24
25 Te'o,Manti ILB MIN 12 4 27
26 Eifert,Tyler TE GB 14 4 20
27 Hunter,Justin WR HOU 6 4 44
28 Werner,Bjoern DE43 DEN 12 5 13
29 Watson,Menelik OT NE 7 0 34
30 Trufant,Desmond CB ATL 12 4 22
31 Cyprien,John SS SF 9 4 31
32 Allen,Keenan WR BAL 9 4 25

I have followed 14 mock drafts of the first round and what the mess above shows are the cosensus picks for each spot, followed by their position, the team who drafted them, the # times this player was listed as a 1st round pick, the number of times that selection was made in that spot and lastly, where I have that player ranked based on player rankings from nine sources. I apologize for the tough reading but I have no idea how to format a table so it looks pretty. It looks neat when drafting the post and then a mess afterwards. I took those 32 players who had the most selections as 1st rounders, and with the exception of the 8th and 29th spots, I assigned the most popular pick to each spot.

McNabbulous may get his wish yet.
nephillymike
Here's who we picked witt the #4 pick in the 14 mock drafts:

G. Smith 7
Lotulelei 2
Fisher 1
Jordan 1
Milliner 1
Ansah 1
Johnson 1

Disappointed with this projection. Hopefully these mocks aren't accurate.

I would have expected Fisher, Lotulelei, Jordan, Milliner, Smith in that order. We pass on Fisher almost every time at #4 which is surprising.
Eyrie
I think the reason people are discounting Fisher for us is that Johnson is a better fit for how Kelly runs his teams as well as being more mobile.

Zero
With what I hear about Smith's fumbles and his hand size I doubt it will be him. Then, I'm a DKD.
samaroo
QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 21 2013, 06:51 PM) *
With what I hear about Smith's fumbles and his hand size I doubt it will be him. Then, I'm a DKD.

Am I stupid because I don't know what DKD means?
Dreagon
I still think Lotulelei makes a lot more sense for you guys. He provides a premium nose tackle for yall to build your new 3-4 defense around, while giving you a year to see what you have in Foles before next year's draft which will have better QB's to choose from in it.
Zero
QUOTE (samaroo @ Apr 22 2013, 12:19 AM) *
Am I stupid because I don't know what DKD means?

DKD = Don't Know Diddly biggrin.gif
HobbEs
I still think Lotulelei makes a lot more sense for you guys. He provides a premium nose tackle for yall to build your new 3-4 defense around, while giving you a year to see what you have in Foles before next year's draft which will have better QB's to choose from in it.

We won't do that if only because it makes too much sense. wacko.gif
Dreagon
QUOTE (HobbEs @ Apr 22 2013, 08:18 AM) *
We won't do that if only because it makes too much sense. wacko.gif

lol! You have no idea! My wife is already removing throwables from the living room in anticipation for draft day. It's either that or simply remove the TV and force me to watch the draft on a cheap laptop.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Apr 22 2013, 03:15 PM) *
lol! You have no idea! My wife is already removing throwables from the living room in anticipation for draft day. It's either that or simply remove the TV and force me to watch the draft on a cheap laptop.

I am about at the throwable removal stage for my living room also, however it is when I watch the Phillies.

I'm hoping that the draft night will be nothing but a smooth sailing watch with Kumbaya echoing in the background, totaly stress free and full of hope.

Why do visions of Danny Watkins, and Jon Harris keep on popping in my head??

What's your wish list for the Cowboys if the stay at their spot? Who would you be thrilled to get and would hate to get?? BTW, the mock compilation has them getting Vaccaro at #18.
Dreagon
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 22 2013, 04:10 PM) *
I am about at the throwable removal stage for my living room also, however it is when I watch the Phillies.

I'm hoping that the draft night will be nothing but a smooth sailing watch with Kumbaya echoing in the background, totaly stress free and full of hope.

Why do visions of Danny Watkins, and Jon Harris keep on popping in my head??

What's your wish list for the Cowboys if the stay at their spot? Who would you be thrilled to get and would hate to get?? BTW, the mock compilation has them getting Vaccaro at #18.

I could live with Vaccaro, since they have been weak at safety forever. On the other hand, now that they have their cornerback position fairly solidified, the backfield isn't the hole that the current interior offensive line is...so I'm really hoping a guard falls to us. We just spent a lot of money on Romo, and if I were him I would have refused to sign unless Jerry promised to do something about him having the middle of his line constantly collapsing in his face. That has got to be old by now.

So Jerry will probably pick a defensive lineman or a punter.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Apr 22 2013, 05:18 PM) *
I could live with Vaccaro, since they have been weak at safety forever. On the other hand, now that they have their cornerback position fairly solidified, the backfield isn't the hole that the current interior offensive line is...so I'm really hoping a guard falls to us. We just spent a lot of money on Romo, and if I were him I would have refused to sign unless Jerry promised to do something about him having the middle of his line constantly collapsing in his face. That has got to be old by now.

So Jerry will probably pick a defensive lineman or a punter.

Of the mocks I was tracking, 1 of the 14 has both OG's there at 18, one other has Warmack there and one more has Cooper there at 18. So it looks like a 3/14 shot at getting them. May need to move up.
Dreagon
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 22 2013, 05:24 PM) *
Of the mocks I was tracking, 1 of the 14 has both OG's there at 18, one other has Warmack there and one more has Cooper there at 18. So it looks like a 3/14 shot at getting them. May need to move up.

I doubt Jerry would move up for a guard. It's just not sexy enough of a position. On the other hand, now that he has Romo signed for the next four or five years, and Orton backing him up, I put the odds of him wasting a 3rd or 4th draft choice on a QB at about even.

Hmmm....I could go watch the draft at a nearby sports bar, but I hate the thought of all those Texans fans watching me cry in my french fries.
SLOiggles
My problem with drafting Star for the "3-4" defense is that we just picked up Sopoaga and drafted Fletcher Cox last season in the first round. Do we need another lineman for depth? Sure. But to take the 4th pick and make it a defensive tackle is just ridiculous IMHO. If Fischer is there and we pass on him, I'd be astonished.

I think we can trade down a couple spots and still get Dion Jordan...and I think that's what we'll do.
samaroo
QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 22 2013, 05:19 AM) *
DKD = Don't Know Diddly biggrin.gif

Thank you. I don't know if I should feel stupid about that or not. laugh.gif

And I'm all for trading back and going defense hardcore. We need secondary in the worst way.
nephillymike
QUOTE (SLOiggles @ Apr 23 2013, 02:21 AM) *
My problem with drafting Star for the "3-4" defense is that we just picked up Sopoaga and drafted Fletcher Cox last season in the first round. Do we need another lineman for depth? Sure. But to take the 4th pick and make it a defensive tackle is just ridiculous IMHO. If Fischer is there and we pass on him, I'd be astonished.

I think we can trade down a couple spots and still get Dion Jordan...and I think that's what we'll do.

We need one. We literally have no 3rd DL for the 3-4!! We can wait until pick 35 if need be, but not any longer.
D Rock
QUOTE (SLOiggles @ Apr 23 2013, 07:21 AM) *

Trading down is going to be impossible with at least 5 teams in the top 10 wanti g to do so. Plus, Jordan will likely not get to #4, but you wanna trade back to get him? Not likely.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Apr 23 2013, 09:51 AM) *
Trading down is going to be impossible with at least 5 teams in the top 10 wanti g to do so. Plus, Jordan will likely not get to #4, but you wanna trade back to get him? Not likely.

Agreed, although if Fisher and Joekel are taken in the top-3, our #4 spot may be appealing for someone interested in Lane Johnson (who I think will be overdrafted.)

Frankly, I suspect Dion may be #1 on the Eagles board, but I think Jacksonville is going to take him.
SLOiggles
QUOTE (D Rock @ Apr 23 2013, 06:51 AM) *

All it takes is one team to be interested in a player to move up. No one, and I repeat NO ONE, has any insight to what these teams are going to do. It's why I don't watch nor do I read about these talking heads predicting (often incorrectly) who is going to select who.

The other thing to consider is that the Chiefs, Jaguars, and Eagles all have new pieces in place, be it coach, GM, or both. Also, the Raiders have many pressing needs. They have no cornerbacks, no defensive linemen, and need a tackle as well. They also lack on total draft picks. Trading down for them could be a possibility too. Quite simply, all the banter leading up to the draft about teams looking to trade down, up, or around is just that. Talk.
D Rock
Ok. But you suggested we "trade back and take Dion Jordan."

It may be difficult to trade back as has been discussed plenty around here. Difficult, but not impossible.

They may like/want/take Jordan too.

But I'll bet you dollars to donuts that trading back to get Dion Jordan simply isn't going to happen. It doesn't matter who has a new coach or a new GM. Dion is a top 5 pick no matter who's doing the picking.

Book it.

You can either trade back, or you can take Jordan. But you aint gonna get both.
SLOiggles
QUOTE (D Rock @ Apr 24 2013, 02:35 PM) *
Ok. But you suggested we "trade back and take Dion Jordan."

It may be difficult to trade back as has been discussed plenty around here. Difficult, but not impossible.

They may like/want/take Jordan too.

But I'll bet you dollars to donuts that trading back to get Dion Jordan simply isn't going to happen. It doesn't matter who has a new coach or a new GM. Dion is a top 5 pick no matter who's doing the picking.

Book it.

You can either trade back, or you can take Jordan. But you aint gonna get both.

I just don't know how much of the talk is talk and how much of the speculation is off base by the media. I still feel that Jarvis Jones is the best linebacking prospect in this draft, but obviously the health issues will put him in the 10-15 range. Is Dion Jordan a top 5 pick? Which teams need linebackers that would draft there if there were no trades and the draft order was the actual pick order? The Lions have much more pressing needs. The Browns have a good LB corps and added to it this off-season. The Cardinals have needs on offense but could use an upgrade. The Bills and Jets both need help defensively and could, but would they rather draft someone like Nassib or Geno?

If Fischer and Joeckel are gone, honestly I'm not going to really split hairs amongst the available players. I don't think the value of Jordan is significantly greater than someone like Johnson or Warmack and would honestly prefer we trade down regardless. Fortunately for everyone, less than 24 hours from now we'll have our first real insight to the drafting strategy of Kelly as well as some clearer sight of how Roseman is as an NFL G.M.
D Rock
QUOTE (SLOiggles @ Apr 25 2013, 05:17 AM) *
I just don't know how much of the talk is talk and how much of the speculation is off base by the media. I still feel that Jarvis Jones is the best linebacking prospect in this draft, but obviously the health issues will put him in the 10-15 range. Is Dion Jordan a top 5 pick? Which teams need linebackers that would draft there if there were no trades and the draft order was the actual pick order? The Lions have much more pressing needs. The Browns have a good LB corps and added to it this off-season. The Cardinals have needs on offense but could use an upgrade. The Bills and Jets both need help defensively and could, but would they rather draft someone like Nassib or Geno?

If Fischer and Joeckel are gone, honestly I'm not going to really split hairs amongst the available players. I don't think the value of Jordan is significantly greater than someone like Johnson or Warmack and would honestly prefer we trade down regardless. Fortunately for everyone, less than 24 hours from now we'll have our first real insight to the drafting strategy of Kelly as well as some clearer sight of how Roseman is as an NFL G.M.

Jarvis Jones ran a 4.9 40. There are O lineman that are faster than that. Add the health issue, and he's borderline first round at this point.
SLOiggles
man oh man...the Dolphins must've loved him
Pbfan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 21 2013, 02:29 PM) *
Pick Player Pos Team #1st # This pick Rank
1 Joeckel,Luke OT KC 14 13 1
2 Jordan,Dion OLB34 JAC 14 8 3
3 Floyd,Sharrif DT43 OAK 14 9 5
4 Smith,Geno QB PHI 13 7 17
5 Fisher,Eric OT DET 14 10 2

Well this has been highly innaccurate.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.